Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Firefall: Red5 Shows Off Demo in Live Stream

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Red5 and the Firefall team have a special event planned for fans of the game. The dev team will be showing off Firefall in a special live stream of the demo on Twitch.TV. We've got the Firefall demo live feed right here for your viewing pleasure. Check it out!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• schlixschlix Member Posts: 31

nice been waiting to see some good gameplay

• HerodesHerodes Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

Is it streaming already? I am currently arguing with my NoScript which scripts I should allow to make the stream run.^^

• HerodesHerodes Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

The biggest hurdle for games like Firefall, Planetside 2 or End of Nations are to bring people from Battlefield, Call of Duty or Starcraft and such to hopefully more massive games, because people seem to buy games mostly because of brands.
    Add to this Battlefield already allows a 32 vs 32...or was it 64 vs 64?

So it is going to be an uphill battle versus EA and ActiBlizz.
    So it depends mostly on us consumers IF the games are good, to spread the word.

• PilnkplonkPilnkplonk Member Posts: 1,532

Originally posted by Herodes

The biggest hurdle for games like Firefall, Planetside 2 or End of Nations are to bring people from Battlefield, Call of Duty or Starcraft and such to hopefully more massive games, because people seem to buy games mostly because of brands.

Add to this Battlefield already allows a 32 vs 32...or was it 64 vs 64?

Well it's F2P and I believe it's modeled after TF2 in that regard... so it's already got a leg up on the bloated franchises that ask you 50$ for 8 hrs of a barely interactive movie that doesn't even have Colin Farell starring.

Aditionally, its persistent, event driven PvE world offers more gametime for the price (which is 0 $) Then you add in e-sport PvP and pretty strong hints of world PvP coming up soon... If they manage to pull it off technically, I think we'll hear much more of Firefall in the future.

• KalafaxKalafax Member UncommonPosts: 591

Exactly my thoughts Schlix

Mess with the best, Die like the rest

• skyexileskyexile Member CommonPosts: 692

Add to this Battlefield already allows a 32 vs 32...or was it 64 vs 64? So it is going to be an uphill battle versus EA and ActiBlizz.

I'm not getting the comparison to Planetside 2 here, planetside a game 8 years old now dwarfs that.

SKYeXile
    TRF - GM - GW2, PS2, WAR, AION, Rift, WoW, WOT....etc...
    Future Crew - High Council. Planetside 1 & 2.

• nomssnomss Member UncommonPosts: 1,468

hasn't this thing been in beta for more than a year now?

• DolmongDolmong Member Posts: 515

Will this game ever release??!!! 

COME ON !! RELEASE IT !!!!!

• Baio2kBaio2k Member UncommonPosts: 162

This looks really great, can't wait to get in and give it a whirl.

• AbcynthAbcynth Member UncommonPosts: 60

Would have been nice to see some PvE mixed in there, but the game looks like its coming along nicely.

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

Looks like a really fun game, but more like Call of Duty or something, rather than an MMO

Hmmmm not liking the cell shaded character models with black lines around them, hope they sort that out!

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• guy232guy232 Member UncommonPosts: 350

damn  Im kinda mag i didnt make it into the vids.  Im in the beta  but I may have just missed the time  the devs were recording on.  But yep the game is fun  no doubt about that. 

It..Burns..

• EladiEladi Member UncommonPosts: 1,145

More intrested in the whole open world thing then this "battle zone"  thing, its nice its in a game but there so many shooters out there that this will be the least important thing in firefall for me.

Considering they still need o work on openworld pve and  stuff before being able to show it I belive firefall has put thier focus on the wong part of the game, sure e-sport and shooters are populair but these are very temporal tings, its the larger world around it that will ultimately make or break the game. GA still runs but eh..its a fan niche game now , when is the last time we  saw someting about that game?

• Teh_AxiTeh_Axi Member UncommonPosts: 380

I don't think it will be really competing with those games, different style of FPS. Firefall is more like TF2 or UT, I doubt it will ever pull the core fanbase of those games away.

• BrodterBrodter Member Posts: 73
    Game looks awesome but I am getting a little sick of these cartoon graphics. 'Originality' is becoming over used.

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Seem just like normal FPS game to be honest.

Closed map , even small teams.  Erm...