Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Massive content coming to TERA

2»

Comments

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Originally posted by Sovrath

Originally posted by moosecatlol

"New Maximum level"    Yeah, that's what people want.

I think there are many people who would like a long leveling arc. Myself included.

I loved that in Lineage 2 it was very difficult to get to max level. I suppose it all depends on how the rest of the game plays out.

I'm ready, I've signed up, it's go time.

Let's do this thing! image

I wouldn't say it was dificult as much as it was grindy. I never felt the Lineage 2 leveling was dificult, it just took a very long time. But then again I never got past level 40, maybe after that it indeed became both dificult and grindy.

That being said, TERA has the potential of being dificult with their skill based combat approach. But that all depends on the rewards, i.e. will you get consistently higher rewards if you are skilled in combat and thus take on tougher opponents?

In "normal" MMORPG combat you cannot take one much higher level opponents because there isnt much "skills" involved. TERA might be different in this regard. I hope it is.

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,855

Originally posted by Torvaldr

I've seen so many gamers make excuses for this.  I'm not saying you're doing that Vhain, but I have seen that a lot.  I did wait and see how the lawsuit turned out there.  I'm watching how the lawsuit will turn out here too.  I'm very much against the idea that they can get away with this.  For one, whether I like NCSoft or not is irrelevant: what matter is that their work should be theirs, as I want my company's work to remain theirs.  The second problem I have with this is that problems like this is where we get government responses like SOPA and ACTA.  If gamers and the industry can't police themselves the governments will and we'll only have ourselves to blame.  This game company should be shamed and we as gamers should shame them.

But they arent "getting away with it". The people that stole the code from NCSoft went to jail. The responsible parties were punished.

I dont get why so many gamers want to see Tera, Blue Hole Studios and En Masse go down in flames because of the actions of a few.

Also, there is absolutely no evidence that Tera contains any code that was originally Lineage 3. Thats why the civil suit charges were overturned.

It amazes me that people here can be so vehement about wishing games to fail and hundreds of people to lose their jobs because of the actions of a few shady executives.

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563

I just wanted to update what was coming to TERA in the near future. BHS had a Open house Q@A session yesterday and they talked about the upcoming content.

Here are the articles about the session, it's in Korean unfortunately but I'm sure Cori from EU-TERA will come out with a full translation of the Open House. He always translates the good stuff.

http://www.inven.co.kr/board/powerbbs.php?come_idx=2134&l=382

http://www.inven.co.kr/board/powerbbs.php?come_idx=2134&l=381

http://www.inven.co.kr/board/powerbbs.php?come_idx=2134&l=380

Here is a breif overview

-The showed the sneak peak of what the new lvl 60 armor sets would look like

-They will be adding crystals to accessories as well, these will be green crystals

-They will be introducing a fame/karma reputation. (This is pretty much daily rep grind from WOW) which you will be able to get new gear, crystals. This will be for solo players.

Daily Fame quest npc's will have green over their heads

-Open up new Zones and 4 new territory for Vanguards

-NEw monster outfits (Wanna look like that BAM you just killed ?)

-2 new lvl 60 5 man dungeons both will be Senior mode (Hard mode)

Temple of Baldeo

The Abandon Church

-3 New lvl 65+ Super BAMS (These monsters will take more than just a party to take down)

Capricorn - Goat type humanoid monster
    Kakun - A gorilla type monster that will swing in the trees
    The guardian of relics - A mechanical type monster

-New lvl 60 skills (I'll wait for cori to translate them later)..lol

-Warrior will get a special skill stacking system(macro). Players noted warriors were way to hard to play at end game and this new skill system should help.

The Introduction of Dynamic Content

(I talked about it before)

-There will be a auto-party matching system for up to 20 people (just like Rift) for people to take back monster invasions and Black Crevices.

-These events come in 13 stages, with the last stage full invasion.

-Players who partake in these events more will receive better rewards. The rewards are special pvp gear, tokens to enhance lux equipment, and other stuff.

New Currency breakdown

BHS will introduce a new currency breakdown. Instead of just gold, it will be bronze siver and gold.

Auction house reform

The auction house will be revamped, and you will now be able to see up to 50 items at once.

-Also the Pegasus express will have their flight time cut down, to make their path more simplified.

Geez there is just to much info, I'll post more when I get time..lol