Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I want an MMO with Hardcore PVE! HARD! As in wipe all nigh this boss is soooo hard!

2»

Comments

• VillafrancaVillafranca Member Posts: 33

Originally posted by xKingdomx

Solo Expert Tier dungeons. I'll bet you can get the "wipe all nigh this boss is soooo hard!"

lol

lol im sure I will!

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Final Fantasy XI ~ just stay away from Abyssea and you'll be golden.{lvl 75+ or 30+if you just plan to stand there and leech, but you need to known ppl to get in that early}  Abyssea makes XI much easier and faster to lvl, but the rest of the game prior to Abyssea while it has gotten a bit easier to solo, it can still be very brutal if you're not prepared!

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by Villafranca

Title pretty much sums it up! I was told to try RIFT .... not sure if the PVE is like that... is it

Multi phases, and epic boss fights! Not just a tank and spank boss with 10000000000000 HP.

Again looking for an MMO with hardcore pve! 

If you have other suggestions , it must be a fantasy MMO. 

Thanks!!! :)

Sorry, games like that doesn´t exist any more. Even the old games have been made easier now.

Everquest and Guildwars probably are the hardest right now but neither of them are close to what they were at launch and you need to get a bit for the hard stuff.

The really tough PvE is 10 years gone now. :(

But yeah, I wouldn't mind it myself. Now at best there are a few raids and endgame dungeons that is kinda challenging.

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

seriously, if you want good raid, in my mind, nothing has beaten WoW yet

while i agree WoW has gone downfall after the release of Cataclysm, but their raid are still one of the most fun ones

i quit WoW, and moved on to the other MMO, and when i was raiding, i was like, daymm, i miss WoW's raid so much

So What Now?

• tkoreapertkoreaper Member UncommonPosts: 412

Originally posted by TweFoju

seriously, if you want good raid, in my mind, nothing has beaten WoW yet

while i agree WoW has gone downfall after the release of Cataclysm, but their raid are still one of the most fun ones

i quit WoW, and moved on to the other MMO, and when i was raiding, i was like, daymm, i miss WoW's raid so much

It's been quite the opposite for me. All the other times I had left WoW to go play other games like WAR, Aion, Tabula Rasa, GW, LotRO, ect. I always ended up going back and felt just like you explained, but that all changed once I started playing Rift. I didn't once feel the urge to go back to WoW or even feel like I missed something from it... I was having the most fun I've had in a long time. I kept getting emails from blizzard to go back and play for free for a few days so I did try going back to WoW to please some old friends, but as soon as I logged in I just felt lost... didn't really know what to do... I just didn't have the urge to play it at all. I tried SWTOR and got to level 35, but it offered me nothing more than what Rift does... quite less actually.

• ShivamShivam Member Posts: 465

I really wanted to add a serious reply but the title of topic just made me laugh. I don't know why but i find it very amusing..lol

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty -- Mahatma Gandhi

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207

I've never seen more guilds break than when Hammerknell was released in Rift. I absolutely loved that instance. It really showed which guilds were good and which were carrying people. I don't think i'd be stretching it by saying 50% of the guilds broke due to not progressing in it.

• VillafrancaVillafranca Member Posts: 33

Originally posted by Shivam

I really wanted to add a serious reply but the title of topic just made me laugh. I don't know why but i find it very amusing..lol

I would like to hear a serious reply please! The title is what I want I miss that! If you ever had that experience you would also!

• A1D3NA1D3N Member UncommonPosts: 276

lineage2 is an annoying long grind fest if u like that kinda thing

Currently Playing:
    ...... :(

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

pick pretty much any game and just don't wear armor.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

Originally posted by eyelolled

pick pretty much any game and just don't wear armor.

There are games where you can cheat and hide armor models :P

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

there are level of difficulty in swtor if i recall!dont know how to access them but it is avail

• AlkavenAlkaven Member Posts: 25

It's funny, this thread shows up in google when you search for a hardcore MMO.

The sad reality is, MMOs require a massive expense, often invested into by large corporations that really just want the largest consumer share they could garner.  Ever since the Sony Playstation, the majority of players want "easy".  They want to finish something beginning to end without any interruptions or difficult obstacles.  So naturally, it was only a matter of time until MMO companies focused on that demand.

Naturally, because MMOs are multiplayer games, people would rather play with people they're familiar with.  So older MMOs start to dwindle in population, retaining only those players who see their many years of playtime as long invested efforts.  Now there's so many MMOs, there are websites (like this one) dedicated to listing every existing MMO available or upcoming.  In order to compete, companies have to offer players more incentive for subscribing, and that usually means giving their players exactly what they want.

• techknowfiletechknowfile Member Posts: 1

bumping an old thread to cast a +1 for an FFXI progression server. I worked at Sony Online Entertainment when we released the prog servers for EQ, which were a huge hit. The progression/release of expansions were based on current server progression and user votes, which did a decent job at emulating that new expansion release feeling.

It's a great way to re-acquire previous subscribers, and I would sell an arm and a leg to experience what FFXI used to be once more.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Aoc / tsw
  • TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

Guild Wars 2 5 Man Dungeon

especially the Explorable mode, if you came here saying that it's easy after you tried the GW2 Explorable Mode, i shall name you god of PvE

So What Now?

• VirusDancerVirusDancer Member UncommonPosts: 3,649

There's that - voice - lurking in the back, that went all sorts of places with the title of the thread... that I cannot mention without risking getting thwapped on the forehead for it.

As for the rest of the discussion, there have been a lot of suggestions that generally cover the topic rather well.

I miss the MMORPG genre. Will a developer ever make one again?

Explorer: 87%, Killer: 67%, Achiever: 27%, Socializer: 20%

• ArakaziArakazi Member UncommonPosts: 911
    You know I always wanted some servers that had different difficulties. There are times I wanted more of a challenge, something that would force people to group even outside dungeons. But I guess that would be too costly and time consuming.
  • IzikIzik Member Posts: 111

Tera.

RIDICULOUS boss fights at end game

• BeilochBeiloch Member UncommonPosts: 75
    Originally posted by TweFoju

Guild Wars 2 5 Man Dungeon

especially the Explorable mode, if you came here saying that it's easy after you tried the GW2 Explorable Mode, i shall name you god of PvE

lol GW2 PvE is a joke. And when you do beat it you aren;t even rewarded with significantly better gear because they like to push a 'everbody wins' policy of gameplay so its at best a more optimized or 'lateral' upgrade.

WoW and SWTOR PvE/Raiding is stupid easy. So much so guilds have to rank progression based on WHEN they killed something opposed to if people have killed it at all. Pretty much everyone has killed everything on there, the best guilds just did it first. Meh.

Only MMO's I have played with good PvE that isn't stupid easy if you are looking at the 'high end' are FF11, Rift and EQ2. EQ1 back in the day but i have no idea what kind of state it is in now.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Although FFXI has changed a LOT,it still remains arguably the toughest game on the market.

Even some of the everyday normal mobs can be deadly.Example Tonberry have an ability called Throat Slash,it can take you down to mere pittance of health.Petrified you are stoned and cannot do a single thing but wait to die or hope it wears off.

Some of the fights  have got so ridiculously hard that you need certain top geared classes and onely one strategy works.

Some mobs have HAte reset,meaning a healer casts a heal at that wrong time and they become instant death target.Some mobs yo uhave to keep shadows up at all times or you die fast.

Some mobs can Charm you,take control of you.Many fights have certain triggers,you attack the wrong way or stand in th ewrong place ,triggers a deadly attack that might wipe all or most of your alliance or party.

I am sure other games have some really tough fights as well, however i am also sure FFXI equals them.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ArakaziArakazi Member UncommonPosts: 911

Thanks dude, I have an image now of a boss a PVE raid group and some toilet paper....