Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How good its the AION F2P - beta ? What's about GameGorge quality services?

pedrostrikpedrostrik Member UncommonPosts: 396

Comments

• Lord_AthonLord_Athon Member UncommonPosts: 165

Originally posted by pedrostrik

It's a beta... end of sentence.

• alterfenixalterfenix Member UncommonPosts: 370

Providing that this is beta so far I have nothing to complain really. Will see in a week or two how it works out

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Originally posted by pedrostrik

I feel like they have made a couple of basic mistakes so far (not having a beta chat channel for one... it has really made the game feel sterile and lonely and has stopped a beta community forming so far, though that will get better when they move the testing up to Vet status I hope), and the lag can be a little nasty, but thats what a beta is for.

The community relations have been excellent.

They seem pretty open to ideas and input, or at least they appear to be... I guess the proof will be in the pudding on that one.

They seem to get that the optional PvP player base is as important as the minority of gankers and that choice is good for business.

I have got to 30 and stopped for now though... I will pop back on to see the vet package and the gold package phases implemented.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,797

Does anyone have a spare key to share?

I only just realized the beta started 26th of January instead of first week of February as I remembered and I never got a key.

*is sad panda*

Harbinger of Fools

Originally posted by Dakeru

I only just realized the beta started 26th of January instead of first week of February as I remembered and I never got a key.

*is sad panda*

I haven't, but they ent another wave out yesterday to news letter subbers and it looks like they will keep doing that until they have built up the number they need.

TBH though, I would now wait for the game to go live just as happily... it is only a couple of weeks off probably.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,797

Originally posted by vesavius

*is sad panda*

I haven't, but they ent another wave out yesterday to news letter subbers and it looks like they will keep doing that until they have built up the number they need.

TBH though, I would now wait for the game to go live just as happily... it is only a couple of weeks off probably.

A friend just gave me a key. I will at least give it a try. In the worst case I will just not like the game much but receive a veteran account in case I want to play again when it goes life.

Harbinger of Fools

Originally posted by vesavius

*is sad panda*

A friend just gave me a key. I will at least give it a try. In the worst case I will just not like the game much but receive a veteran account in case I want to play again when it goes life.

Bear in mind that the game feels real sterile right now because they are testing the non payer package, which means no community.

Without people all these games are really is kill stuff on a shopping list.

• KroxMalonKroxMalon Member UncommonPosts: 459

I applied for a key but did not get it last week so I sourced one another way, but here is the one I got through today from Gameforge... Enjoy to the lucky clicker :)

02DN-DJTT-EIW6-NWSL

• K0TAPAKK0TAPAK Member Posts: 16

There were some stucking issues, which were solved.

Overall latency is good, GF has good communication, actually all CMs are nice. GMs still use the habit from NCsoft to reply with premade answers, but they are still learning.

I Still think that F2P model can bring new life to the game.

• JorlJorl Member UncommonPosts: 257

Fingers crossed GF will do a better job. I'm currently playing the live on the EU servers, not much players and I can't blame the ones that left because of the grind fest and professions. Would have been a really successful game if it weren't much gathering/farming involved. But saying that I'm enjoying playing it again, will keep me busy until TERA and GW's 2.

Originally posted by Mallen91

Fingers crossed GF will do a better job.

So far they have done an excellent job, especially now the testing has moved beyond the non paying account and their is actually a community.

• Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 778

I have an old Aion account, Ive gone to the NCsoft website and checked it so it gets moved accross to Gameforge.

Do I get access to beta with that account?

Originally posted by Mad+Dog

I have an old Aion account, Ive gone to the NCsoft website and checked it so it gets moved accross to Gameforge.

Do I get access to beta with that account?

'fraid not... beta was an invite deal.

what it does get you though is vet status from the start.

• paterahpaterah Member UncommonPosts: 578

I have a question, If I make a character in the Gameforge beta will it be deleted when it goes live? Or should I wait.

I opted-in in the Gameforge service from my Aion account.

Originally posted by paterah

I have a question, If I make a character in the Gameforge beta will it be deleted when it goes live? Or should I wait.

Yes it will be deleted, but why wait? They are giving away free gold pack time (and other prezzies) for playing, and you get the chance to make some friends to hit live with  :)

• paterahpaterah Member UncommonPosts: 578

Originally posted by Vesavius

Yes it will be deleted, but why wait? They are giving away free gold pack time (and other prezzies) for playing, and you get the chance to make some friends to hit live with  :)

Ok do you know how these prizes work? I'm interested in playing right away if they give free stuff.

Originally posted by Vesavius

Ok do you know how these prizes work? I'm interested in playing right away if they give free stuff.

Basically, and this is from memory so forgive mistakes... check the Aion-EU site for accuracy, get L20-L30 and recieve free Gold status for up to a month and automatic Vet status, get 40 and gets a special hat + dyes, get L50 and get a pet.