Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

skill bassed

thelawoflogicthelawoflogic Member UncommonPosts: 788

any good skill based games out there?

Comments

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Depends on what you consider skill based.  Everyone has a different definition of skill based when it comes to games.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

Look its a niche game, but if you like ship sailing, pirates, or Neaopolionic type ship warefare, Id highly recommend Pirates of the Burning Sea.  I found it about a month back and I love it. 

Melee combat I think is really simple if varied.  But after you level up a bit its fun. 

However the ship combat in my opinion is second to none.  Its very twitch, and positioning and activating skills at the proper times is essential.  Ship combat in that game is very skill based. 

The crafting is extremely complex. 

Many have, and Id recommend this game to anyone who enjoys EvE online.  EvE to me wasnt nearly as skill based.  Missions had to be run in a proper order, and aggro carefully studied in order not to pop your ship.  Pirates of the Burning Sea is nothing like that really.  Anything can happen, and results vary.  Every ship combat scenario seems to have a different outcome. 

The game is free to play.  However there are some slight limitations.  Others have pointed out that out of all the free to play games this one has the least limitations.  The limitations mainly have to do with how many ships you can store.  And there are some trade limitations but no money limitations, level limitations, or anything of that sort.  If you pay a sub fee, which is $15 US currency, then it unlocks all those minor limitations.  You can then immediately cancel that subscription, and the limitations stay lifted forever.  So basically its a one time fee.  A fantastic deal. 

For that reason Id almost consider the game Buy to Play.  However I cant, since it does have a very fine F2P component which works.  However a one time fee of 15 bucks is something you cant beat. 

Highly recommended especially if like me you love old timey ship combat and sailing large frigates and ships.  The graphics arent at all shabby.  Pretty darn decent.  And lag is not really ever an issue.