Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Found fly wing in bottle of Malibu rum can I sue?

So I bought a bottle of winter special edition malibu rum. I had a few swigs then I looked in the bottle and found a fly wing floating in it. Is there anything I can do about this? I am completely disgusted. Thanks

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

You might get the cost of the bottle back. Oh, and don't go to Mexico and order Pulque or Mezcal.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870

I dont know about suing them, would be pretty hard now that the bottle is open and you couldnt prove that you didnt put the fly wing inside.  Try contacting Malibu via their website you may get a couple of freebies.

• BoilingiceBoilingice Member Posts: 28

Thanks I tried to email every excecutive I could find including the CEO. I am still disgusted by this and I at least hope I get a formal apology.

• AelfinnAelfinn Member Posts: 3,857

A.) You'd have difficulty proving that the fly wing didn't get in there after opening the bottle

B.) Its a minor issue in the end, you are after all talking about a small piece of harmless biological material floating in disinfectant that was derived from rotting sugarcane products.

C.)  I'd rather you didn't try personally, people are getting all too suit happy as it is.

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
    Hemingway

• ScalebaneScalebane Member UncommonPosts: 1,883

you can sure for any reason you like, go for it everyone else is!

"The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
    - Lewis Thomas

• McDougles1McDougles1 Member Posts: 35

Of course you can sue them. There's no chance in hell you can win, seeing as it is very easy to put a fly in after a bottle has been opened (and isn't something as hard to put in as, say, a thumb), but go for it. People don't sue others enough in the United States.

• CalmOceansCalmOceans Member UncommonPosts: 2,437

You can sue for anything, but you won't get anything out of it. You didn't even swallow the fly wing, you're trying to make a big deal out of nothing, the judge won't support you and neither do I tbh. Did you suffer any harm because of this? No.

The right thing would have be contacting the company and tell them what happened, in a calm and normal tone, that means without threats or anger. Maybe they will give you a few free bottles.

If you threaten a company in a mail, you're guaranteed not to get a reply, since anything they say can be used against them in court. If anything, your mails will be used against you.

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

Originally posted by grunty

You might get the cost of the bottle back. Oh, and don't go to Mexico and order Pulque or Mezcal.

The worm is meant for eating...

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Originally posted by GTwander

Originally posted by grunty

The worm is meant for eating...

No! Really? image

I live in Texas, dude.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • ForTheCityForTheCity Member Posts: 307

I hope you kept that fly if you want to sue. Maybe you can take the fly to a lab and they can see how long the fly has been soaking in there for. 

Other than that its probably impossible to sue. Remember that finger found in chili at wendys? They found out the lady just put it in. I'm not saying you did but they can really find out anything if given the necessary stuff to analyze. 

• outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619

Put it this way. 

You got some extra protein from that wing that you wouldn't have got if it wasn't in the bottle of rum.

Healthy drinking   ;-)