Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why cant I post in the D3 offical forums?

bmw66bmw66 Member UncommonPosts: 141

So I go to the D3 official forums and login with my account.  Turns out in order to post in the forums you have to have an ACTIVE PAYING account like WOW in order to post.

Well I dont want to play WOW I want to play Diablo when its released and contribute to the forums.  Why should I need to have a active subscription to WOW in order to post in the D3 forums??

Am I missing something or doing something wrong or is this correct?

Comments

• DeathspankDeathspank Member UncommonPosts: 139

They basically want you to have a battle.net account. That means having bought one of their previous games, not just WoW(Starcraft, Warcraft 3, etc). When D3 releases you will obviously have a battle.net account for it, and so be able to post. 

This has been their policy since the Diablo 2 at least. I rememebr being on the fence about buying the game back then and wanted to ask a few questions but was not allowed to make a forum account since i didn't have any of their previous games.

As to why? only they know. 

• rygard49rygard49 Member UncommonPosts: 973

Originally posted by Deathspank

They basically want you to have a battle.net account. That means having bought one of their previous games, not just WoW(Starcraft, Warcraft 3, etc). When D3 releases you will obviously have a battle.net account for it, and so be able to post. 

This has been their policy since the Diablo 2 at least. I rememebr being on the fence about buying the game back then and wanted to ask a few questions but was not allowed to make a forum account since i didn't have any of their previous games.

As to why? only they know. 

As the OP said, he already has a battlenet account. When you go to the D3 forums however, even if you have a BNet account, it requires that you have an active subscribtion to WoW in order to post. I own all the Blizzard titles, but I don't currently subscribe to WoW, and the D3 forums will not let me post either.

My guess is that it's just another way to rake the customer over the coals for more cash. They've already linked D3 with WoW using the 1 year contract sub. It doesn't surprise me that they'd want you to pay a subscription fee just to post in their forums.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,311

I find it interesting that you need a WoW account and not a D3 Beta account to post on the D3 forum.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

Originally posted by rygard49

As the OP said, he already has a battlenet account. When you go to the D3 forums however, even if you have a BNet account, it requires that you have an active subscribtion to WoW in order to post. I own all the Blizzard titles, but I don't currently subscribe to WoW, and the D3 forums will not let me post either.

Can you please stop lying? If you did have all Blizzard games, you would be able to post on their forums.

If you have an active SC2 account or WoW account you can post on their forums. I am not subbed to WoW atm but I can post as I have a SC2 which as you know is always considered active.

@OP, if you don't have any Blizzard games then you will not be allowed to post. This is how it has always been and this is how it is going to be.

I am not sure if Diablo 2 owners can post on their forums. But I think they can. I can't really tell as I own all of the Blizzard titles.

Originally posted by WhiteLantern

I find it interesting that you need a WoW account and not a D3 Beta account to post on the D3 forum.

Yep, it would be interesting if that was the case. But it is not. You don't need a WoW account to post on the D3 forums.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Just tried it myself and I only have SC2 on my account, and I can post or make a new thread just fine! 

• endgame1endgame1 Member Posts: 84

I have a Battle.net account and a beta invite, and I can post there. You don't need an active WoW account.

• TalRashaTalRasha Member UncommonPosts: 827

You don't need to sub to anything. If you have SC2 or a Diablo3 beta on your account, you can post.

I can not verify, but likely having a Diablo2 or Warcraft3 on your account will also let you post.

If you find you can still not post, and you do have an SC2 on your account, then you are likely accesing the europe site from the US or the US site from europe. If so, you need to use the other one.

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188

Use your battle.net account.

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• DexterMMODexterMMO Member Posts: 484

Look kids... this is how trolls spread mis-information. Inb4 others ignore all the replies and also start to say this.

Everything I say is my opinion or personal preference. You may or may not find it useful to your cause but regardless I am entitled to it.

• zethcarnzethcarn Member UncommonPosts: 1,558

It's to prevent massive trolling.  It's also easier for them to moderate what goes on their forums. Like the idiots who try to keylog you or advertise gold selling etc.   It's not a bad idea really.