Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When world of pandacraft comes out....

1235»

Comments

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

My brother has been playing the game for several years.  As he said, up to this point, every expansion had something he was really looking forward to playing.  The upcoming expansion - with Pandas, monks, and Pokemon battles - has nothing that he's interested in, so he believes he's likely coming to the end of playing when it comes out.

That's not to mention that he's become increasingly disastified with the incremental changes that have occurred in the game over the years.  It's not the game it once was.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• SonofSethSonofSeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,884

Hmm, Pandas aren't even the most interesting announcement about the new expansion, it's just a choice. Some people will like them, some people will hate them and some people will live to kill them if found on a PVP server, as for all this emo bullshit, meh.

• centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,520

Actually the panda expansion is something that has me considering giving WoW that one last chance.  I played it during vanilla for all of a month.  I played it for maybe 2 months in the expansion prior to lich king just before warhammer came out.  I plan to give it a try for the panda expansion if I am not playing something else that I am happy with at the time.

The big thing will be if the monk class is any good.

In essence I see the panda thing as having a new area to play in as opposed to what I remember and the monk class as maybe being a decent class.  I really did not like any of the classes in WoW from the beginning to the end.  I mean I played hunter in vanilla and rogue the second time.  I usually play priests and tanks but I like my priests to at least have moderate armor/survivablity not be an arcane caster that can heal.  I didnt like the mechanisms of the straight up warrior in WoW.

My eventual main in EQ1 was an iksar shaman.  My eventual main in EQ2 a shadowknight.   Warhammer a swordmaster.  Just to give a few examples essentially.  Really the only game where I found a true finger waggler to be my choice was Aion.

---

I just hope they finally come to their senses and let you just buy the last expansion and be done with it -- if I have to buy lich and cataclysm and panda just to play panda then it makes this far less likely.