Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Super Bowl XLVI

77lolmac7777lolmac77 Member UncommonPosts: 492

Gonna go with the Patriots, simply because I can never cheer for the Giants or Cowboys. Anyone else watching this?

On a side note the Ravens kicker owes me $100, how do you miss that kick?  

Comments

• LaserwolfLaserwolf Member Posts: 2,383

As a Cowboys fan, of course I'll root for the Giants just like I did last time these two teams met. That may seem odd, but I have a lot of respect for the Giants and the Redskins since I know more about them than any of team besides Dallas. The Eagles can go to hell btw(and this was my opinion even before they showered millions on that pos Vick).

Also, always great rooting against the Patriots who I can't help but see as the ultimate bad guys of the NFL(The Galactic Empire if you will). The problem is, in a rematch like this I'd prefer to root for Rocky and here I am rooting for Apollo Creed again. Kind of takes the fun out of it.

Damn shame Houston or San Francisco couldn't shake things up a little.

• Vato26Vato26 Member Posts: 3,930

Originally posted by Laserwolf

As a Cowboys fan, of course I'll root for the Giants just like I did last time these two teams met. That may seem odd, but I have a lot of respect for the Giants and the Redskins since I know more about them than any of team besides Dallas. The Eagles can go to hell btw(and this was my opinion even before they showered millions on that pos Vick).

Also, always great rooting against the Patriots who I can't help but see as the ultimate bad guys of the NFL(The Galactic Empire if you will). The problem is, in a rematch like this I'd prefer to root for Rocky and here I am rooting for Apollo Creed again. Kind of takes the fun out of it.

The problem with the 49'ers is that, they were the same team as last year except with a new coach.  So, even though they played with a ton of heart, which I applaud, they were still the same group as last year.  But, it would've been nice to see them in the Super Bowl. 

Also, with the Ravens.... I have very little doubt that their kicker will be fired before next season.  Their defense did what I don't think any other team has done this season... take Tom Brady to the woodshed.  However, with a chance to tie the game and go into overtime, their kicker shanks what should be a chip shot for pretty much any half-way good kicker.

As to the winner of the Super Bowl... I'll be rooting for the Giants.  Mainly because I'm sick of the Patriots and their constantly going back to Super Bowls.  However, I'm not sure if the Giant's defense can do the same or similar feat as the Ravens did to Tom Brady.  It'll come down to that point.

• DraenorDraenor Member UncommonPosts: 7,918

I hope the Giants win, I hate Tom Brady and the whole patriots organization...bunch of arrogant ass holes.  I also think that Brady is the most overrated player in the history of professional sports.  Every championship that he has ever won has been on the back of a top 5 defense, the only time he has lost a Super Bowl is when they had a good offense and not so good defense.  Additionally, the only years that he has been able to perform at a truly top tier level has been when he has had at least two pro bowl caliber players to throw to - case in point - his record setting year with Randy Moss.  The fact that Matt Cassel was able to duplicate Brady esque numbers in his first year as a back up, and then go to Kansas City and be a miserable failure, demonstrates to me that Brady is nothing more than a product of the system.

That people would even dare to compare him to the likes of Peyton Manning is insulting.  One guy takes a season off and his team goes 10-6 regardless, the other guy takes a season off and his team goes 2-14.  You tell me which guy is a one man army.  The comparison between the two is laughable, yet people are willing to call Brady better because he has three rings.  Big friggen deal, Super Bowl rings are not won by individuals, MVP awards ARE.  If Super Bowl wins were an accurate measure of a quarterback's ability, then Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson are both Peyton Manning and Aaron Rodgers' equals.

Then you have Bellichek, the most unscrupulous, non classy individual in the NFL coaching arena today (barring maybe Rex Ryan for different reasons)...I don't even have to start on why old Billy Boy is a piece of human waste.

ESPN licks the collective gooch of the Patriots because they are headquartered in connecticut, which neighbors what? Oh yeah...Massachusetts, where the Patriots are THE team.  It's fanboy bias on a televised format. 

That all said.  I like the Giants to win this one.  They've been here before with the Patriots and know how to beat them.  So many teams focus on stopping the receivers, when Brady has consistently shown that he folds like a coward when you pressure him.  Look for Umenyora, Tuck, and Pierre-Paul to put a hurting on Brady throughout the game and disrupt his rhythm. 

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

• Vato26Vato26 Member Posts: 3,930

Originally posted by Draenor

That people would even dare to compare him to the likes of Peyton Manning is insulting.  One guy takes a season off and his team goes 10-6 regardless, the other guy takes a season off and his team goes 2-14.  You tell me which guy is a one man army.  The comparison between the two is laughable, yet people are willing to call Brady better because he has three rings.  Big friggen deal, Super Bowl rings are not won by individuals, MVP awards ARE.  If Super Bowl wins were an accurate measure of a quarterback's ability, then Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson are both Peyton Manning and Aaron Rodgers' equals.

The worst part about the Colts and Peyton, is that this horrible season shows that the head office had no clue what the hell they were doing when it comes to building that team.  If they did, then the Colts wouldn't have flopped nearly as bad this year without Peyton.  Also, if they did, then the Colts would've won soooo many Super Bowls because they would've had actual star players.  The flop proves they were clueless on building teams, as Peyton's sheer leadership and ability masked the complete moronicity of the former Colt's head office.  That is why their owner cleaned house.

• 77lolmac7777lolmac77 Member UncommonPosts: 492

Originally posted by Laserwolf

whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa

The Eagles front office can go to hell

But thats my team dude