Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Annual pass no money taken?

OmnifishOmnifish Member Posts: 616

I was one of those silly people who signed up to the annual pass when it came out in Novemeber.  I realised that I had signed up to pay for WoW for a year in exchange for some other stuff...for some it's a good deal.  Me? I quit after about 3 weeks from this point for various reasons.

The thing is the account now is frozen but no money has been taken, I payed with a time card so that took me to January 2nd  at the time but since then it should have taken another payment out but hasn't.  The credit card is good so question is is anyone else experiencing this or is it a random occurance? I'm pretty sure I should still be paying per month for this...

This looks like a job for....The Riviera Kid!

Comments

• VolkmarVolkmar Member UncommonPosts: 2,501

If you stop paying, you lose all your benefits, but that's about all that will happen to you.

"If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, if you teach him how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime"

• OmnifishOmnifish Member Posts: 616

Originally posted by Volkmar

If you stop paying, you lose all your benefits, but that's about all that will happen to you.

I was under the impression that you were contracted to pay for WoW for a year, so under that agreement when the timecard expired, shouldn't it have taken another payment of the credit card on there? 

Must have read it wrong I guess...

This looks like a job for....The Riviera Kid!

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

I do believe the way it works is that since you last paid with a gamecard, then no recurring fees we're signed and agreed too by you.  Regardless of that you have a CC on file, they can't legally take money from you since your last known payment was from a non-recurring source...

Or something like that...I didn't look this up, but that makes the most sense to me!

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

I think the poster above me is right.

However, if you discontinue your subscription you have practically broken the contract you agreed to and thus you will most likely lose all of the benefits of the annual pass.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

faq

http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/world-of-warcraft-annual-pass-faq

terms of use

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/world-of-warcraft-annual-pass-tou.html

If your World of Warcraft subscription lapses during the Twelve Month Commitment, or if you fail to make any required payments or timely payments, Blizzard reserves the right to terminate your participation in this offer in addition to any and all other remedies that may be available to Blizzard at law.

call billing if you still have interest in the Annual Pass

- you may still be eligible from your misunderstanding