Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aion is so hated but the beta keys vanished...

Lord_AthonLord_Athon Member UncommonPosts: 165

Hummm...

Something is hapening really strange on the mind of these mmorpg.com's readers. Really strange.

I see all the time people talking that aion is kind of a devil thing, it's a terrible game, it is the worst game ever made. And this and that... But did they ever tried it? Hummm, oh they can now without paying anything, and on a beta way.

But guys, dont forget to say something terrible about it. The chars will be gone after cbt or something like that.

Btw, if anyone got a key, i would apreciate. ^-^

Comments

• PhatsatnaPhatsatna Member Posts: 1

Um I don't there will be a beta since game has been released for what 2 years now?

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

Originally posted by Phatsatna

Um I don't there will be a beta since game has been released for what 2 years now?

BETA by GameForge for EU.

http://www.aionfreetoplay.com/website/betapreload/

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030

This just in: forums consist of a variety of individuals with varying opinions, not just one giant person who contradicts himself at every turn!  

Players who want to try the game will pursue the beta keys.  Other players who dislike the game will continue to dislike the game and most probably will not want to try it again.  Nothing fishy about it.  

• Lord_AthonLord_Athon Member UncommonPosts: 165

Originally posted by Phatsatna

lol. I'm talking about the F2P Eu servers, that will begin in Februray 2012 ^-^ by Game "EnormousCashShop" Forge

• LeetheLeethe Member UncommonPosts: 893

Originally posted by lordathon

Hummm...

Something is hapening really strange on the mind of these mmorpg.com's readers. Really strange.

I see all the time people talking that aion is kind of a devil thing, it's a terrible game, it is the worst game ever made. And this and that... But did they ever tried it? Hummm, oh they can now without paying anything, and on a beta way.

But guys, dont forget to say something terrible about it. The chars will be gone after cbt or something like that.

Btw, if anyone got a key, i would apreciate. ^-^

'Cuz we're all full of shite?

There is NO miracle patch.

95% of what you see in beta won't change by launch.

Hope is not a stategy.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

When did the keys go out? I haven't heard anything from gameforge or seen anything on this site... :/

Originally posted by Homitu

This just in: forums consist of a variety of individuals with varying opinions, not just one giant person who contradicts himself at every turn!  

lol I wish more people would get this :D

Originally posted by vesavius

When did the keys go out? I haven't heard anything from gameforge or seen anything on this site... :/

They gave allready some here in MMORPG.com, but just a few. :(

If any one knows where to get it, plz... inform

Originally posted by lordathon

Originally posted by vesavius

They gave allready some here in MMORPG.com, but just a few. :(

If any one knows where to get it, plz... inform

wow... did they do that overnight (for the EU) or something?

• AusareAusare Member Posts: 850

From everything I have read on Aion people complained about grinding at launch but now that is somewhat fixed and now people say the game is decent.  I have never played for more than an hour so I can not judge that.  My free trial expired while I was doing something else.

Originally posted by Ausare

From everything I have read on Aion people complained about grinding at launch but now that is somewhat fixed and now people say the game is decent.  I have never played for more than an hour so I can not judge that.  My free trial expired while I was doing something else.

Aion is a flawed game, but it's a fun one. Personally, I would rank it well above Rift and SWTOR for out right fun.

But, yeah it has gotten a lot better ince launch in pretty much every regard, and will get better still with 3.0 :)

• dancingstardancingstar Member UncommonPosts: 362

Info on http://www.aionfreetoplay.com/website/betapreload/ is a little vague as to how to get CBT keys:

Everyone who wins an access key can take part. The key draw will take place amongst all Newsletter subscribers and on several gaming sites.

No indication though as to whether the key draw is a one-off or they're going to let more people in over the course of the beta for stress testing &c.; if the former then, if you don't hear anything by the end of today you probably didn't get in (I signed up for the newsletter on 20th Jan & have heard nothing further, so not holding out much hope).

No indication either if the reward (up to 1 month "gold member" status) from being in CBT can be applied to an existing account that's being transferred either.

*sigh*, just have to wait for launch I guess, got my account (8 characters mostly mid-20s, I am extreme altoholic) marked for transfer & tbh the extent to which vets are gimped as against "subscribers though not actually called subscribers" in the new model is not much of an issue for causal players who're not heavily grinding instances . . .

Originally posted by dancingstar

Info on http://www.aionfreetoplay.com/website/betapreload/ is a little vague as to how to get CBT keys:

Everyone who wins an access key can take part. The key draw will take place amongst all Newsletter subscribers and on several gaming sites.

No indication though as to whether the key draw is a one-off or they're going to let more people in over the course of the beta for stress testing &c.; if the former then, if you don't hear anything by the end of today you probably didn't get in (I signed up for the newsletter on 20th Jan & have heard nothing further, so not holding out much hope).

No indication either if the reward (up to 1 month "gold member" status) from being in CBT can be applied to an existing account that's being transferred either.

*sigh*, just have to wait for launch I guess, got my account (8 characters mostly mid-20s, I am extreme altoholic) marked for transfer & tbh the extent to which vets are gimped as against "subscribers though not actually called subscribers" in the new model is not much of an issue for causal players who're not heavily grinding instances . . .

I asked them would there be only one wave of invites and they said 'Beta starts on 26th, first wave will be sent out before that date and others might follow later on', so don't give up hope if you don't get one by the end of today. I guess it depends on how many of the compulsive key grabbers actually play and how hard they hammer it. :/

IF someone ends up with a spare key (from both grabbing one here and getting a second given to them via GF or whatever) please think of this person here... haven't got one yet myself and really want to do this. I promise to pay it forward if I get another later! Thanks :)

(and please mods, don't remove this request? It's not for a trial key etc as in the thread above, so it's valid to ak here, right? :)

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530

Aion has RNG enhancing that's all to common in the KRPG universe.

Is all I have to say to that is...

NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE!

• DiSpLiFFDiSpLiFF Member UncommonPosts: 602

Aion is going FTP for a reason. Numbers speak louder than words (either negative or positive). If the game was so great it wouldn't be going FTP as people would deem paying a monthly sub worth it. 

Also, people have been saying "wait for 3.0" since like 2 months into the games launch...

just saying

Originally posted by DiSpLiFF

Aion is going FTP for a reason. Numbers speak louder than words (either negative or positive). If the game was so great it wouldn't be going FTP as people would deem paying a monthly sub worth it. 

Also, people have been saying "wait for 3.0" since like 2 months into the games launch...

just saying

ok thanks for the input!

Originally posted by DiSpLiFF

just saying

And of course it's a way to get tons of money. ^-^