Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crafting?

SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775

Sorry if this has been asked but I dont see crafting on the mainsite but I do see sugested in an article here which clearly doenst mean anything.

anyway, is there no crafting?

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

Comments

• HycooHycoo Member UncommonPosts: 217

There will be crafting, but the only thing we know about it is that it will be somewhat sandparkish...

• Black-MagicBlack-Magic Member UncommonPosts: 103

Originally posted by Hycoo

There will be crafting, but the only thing we know about it is that it will be somewhat sandparkish...

What does that mean??? Sandparkish???

• HycooHycoo Member UncommonPosts: 217

No idea

• BlackbrrdBlackbrrd Member Posts: 811

Still vague, but it's going to be a bit like crafting in Minecraft. That's all I know, since the developer wasn't allowed to say anything more at the time. It was 95% finished, so I think we will hear more about it shortly. ;)

• DaSpackDaSpack Member UncommonPosts: 589

Next phase of beta just started now. This baby is getting close to release.

I've heard that Crafting is part of this. Crafting are supposedly very inspired by that minecraft approach.. Verrrry interesting. Hope MMORPG can dig our some news on this soon.

The Ultimate Breakdown

• Black-MagicBlack-Magic Member UncommonPosts: 103

Sorry never played minecraft can you please elaborate on what you mean??

Originally posted by profess0r

Sorry never played minecraft can you please elaborate on what you mean??

It's hard to explain.. But it is very sandboxish.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minecraft

The Ultimate Breakdown

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775

sandboxish , mincraftish or not I am skeptical about the entire crafting engine being left to what appears to me to be last consideration. It seems like its

'oh wow look at this great game and all its features, come to our booth and check it out!'

'what about crafting?'

'oh yeah we have nothing to show they are working on it but its going to be the deepest ever...next question?;'

'how is the kung fu animation?'

'oh yeah its AWWWWESOME, come here and check this out!'

Originally posted by SEANMCAD

sandboxish , mincraftish or not I am skeptical about the entire crafting engine being left to what appears to me to be last consideration. It seems like its

'oh wow look at this great game and all its features, come to our booth and check it out!'

'what about crafting?'

'oh yeah we have nothing to show they are working on it but its going to be the deepest ever...next question?;'

I heard it from a developer that crafting is something they have put a lot of time into, not some last minute effort. I have no idea where you are getting that thought from? Sounds like you are just speculating because they haven't released any information about it.

Originally posted by Blackbrrd

'what about crafting?'

I heard it from a developer that crafting is something they have put a lot of time into, not some last minute effort. I have no idea where you are getting that thought from? Sounds like you are just speculating because they haven't released any information about it.

I think I have already said where I got that idea from. If you go to their website they have a nice page describing all the features EXECPT for crafting, which I might add was similar to my experience when I first went to the WoW website when it first came out...so I am just being cautious 

'what about crafting?'

I think I have already said where I got that idea from. If you go to their website they have a nice page describing all the features EXECPT for crafting, which I might add was similar to my experience when I first went to the WoW website when it first came out...so I am just being cautious 

Yeah I can see your angle here. Was expecting it to be in the current beta phase that started yesterday, but it seems they are focusing on adding new areas. Anyway, it's a sure thing they are adding crafting.

'what about crafting?'

I agree with Blackbird. Crafting system of TSW is supposed to be massive, inventive (but inspired by Minecraft though) and an important part of the game... No need to be negative SEANMCAD about something that still has not been revealed. Very odd assumption also by the way.. Because they have not revealed this earlier it's something they are just blobbing together at last moment.

The Ultimate Breakdown

Just spoke to some guy that early access Beta tested TSW, he say that the TSW crafting is so revolutionary that it will change the way it's done for the future. He believes part of the reason they do not want to share it is because they want to keep it under NDA as long as possible.

The Ultimate Breakdown

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803

I still can't get a good read on gear in general in this game.  I heard that cloth will be appearance only with no stats but will there be other stat items?  If not will crafting be pretty much for fluff or will useful things be avaialbe?

Originally posted by udon

I still can't get a good read on gear in general in this game.  I heard that cloth will be appearance only with no stats but will there be other stat items?  If not will crafting be pretty much for fluff or will useful things be avaialbe?

Clothing is for fashion only.. Some clothing also give braging rights also as some styles only are available after achieving a certain amount of rank within your faction. In other words clothing have none impact on gameplay. Weapons and items on the other hand have impact on the game. This can also be crafted... But the secrecy about how this sandboxish style crafting is have prevented me from getting a full overview. All I have heard is that it is GOOD. really Godd. And will most likely become one of the major selling points of the game.

The Ultimate Breakdown

Originally posted by DaSpack

Clothing is for fashion only.. Some clothing also give braging rights also as some styles only are available after achieving a certain amount of rank within your faction. In other words clothing have none impact on gameplay. Weapons and items on the other hand have impact on the game. This can also be crafted... But the secrecy about how this sandboxish style crafting is have prevented me from getting a full overview. All I have heard is that it is GOOD. really Godd. And will most likely become one of the major selling points of the game.

Its not sounding very promising. I mean developers not giving specifics and then specifics clearly being removed (like clothings will just be just fashion) doesnt sound very promising.

For me it crafting on a personal level need to be on par with fallen earth and group level crafting should exist as well for it to be of much intrest to me.

Its not sounding very promising. I mean developers not giving specifics and then specifics clearly being removed (like clothings will just be just fashion) doesnt sound very promising.

For me it crafting on a personal level need to be on par with fallen earth and group level crafting should exist as well for it to be of much intrest to me.

We have very oposite  opinions of things then. I just can't see that it would be a good thing to make people wear armor in a modern game. I mean I would just make a siw out of your plate armor with my AK47 armor piercing bullets.. The system basically caters to the fact that if you get shot it's bad. It would be hillarious if people would run around in NY modern day with arnor and huge fcking WOW shoulders.

I guess there will be mechanisms that can give you better protection.. but it will not be armor thats for sure. And thank god for that. Have nothing against armor, but that is something that belong in midevial games like AoC not TSW.

The Ultimate Breakdown

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803

The next logical step for crafting would be the abilty to customize the reciept though adding different components to make new items or items with focused stats.  Something like that could be really cool.

I have always imagined a game where crafters protect their best receipts like trade secrets would be pretty cool. At least if you are one of the people who can find a really vauluable receipt that only a few know how to make.

Crafting plays a very distant backseat to Raiding/Group instnaces in modern MMO's.  I wouldn't be unhappy in the least if they tried to at least level the playing field a bit.

Jumping to conclusions again are we?

Clothing will be only appearance, no stats, that's true and it makes sense. Would be pretty weird with the t-shirt of +5 armor?

The stats will be on "chakras" or implants if you like, that aren't visible.

That way every character can look different which makes a lot of sense in a game set in the 21st century.

@Blackbrrd

@DaSpack ;

In some games there is an entire type of crafting called 'tailoring' which in the fantasy realm would involve magic properties and protections. In the sci fi world it could still easily apply just call it something like nano-fibers.

So in many games you only have a few families of crafting talioring being a HUGE one in many games, but not for this one.

so again, what we do know about this game is what kind of crafting will NOT be in the game but we still dont know what crafting WILL be in the game.

Finally, I refer to 99.9% of the developers outcomes when they are not explict.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Clothing is statless
    You can buy clothing
    You can get clothing as drops
    You get clothing for collecting certain decks of skills, that is faction specific e.g. dragon players collecting the ninja deck get a ninja outfit
    You get clothing based on your faction ranking
    Pvp uniforms are based upon which archetype your majority of skills are from and your faction ranking

There are items with stats - weapons, chakras, totem, fetishes, jewelry etc.. no doubt these will be craftable
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    While we don't (or can't) reveal the nature of crafting, we do know it isn't the same old boring / useless wow / rift / war / swtor style crafting model

Devs have stated crafted gear will be very important

Originally posted by ShakyMo

While we don't (or can't) reveal the nature of crafting, we do know it isn't the same old boring / useless wow / rift / war / swtor style crafting model

they can reveal all other parts of the game but not crafting?

B*LLLSHIT!!!!

• mrw0lfmrw0lf Member Posts: 2,269

B*LLLSHIT!!!!

They have to finish building it before revealing it. That's just common sense.

-----
    “The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species.”

Originally posted by mrw0lf

B*LLLSHIT!!!!

They have to finish building it before revealing it. That's just common sense.

they didnt finish anything else before revealing it. Why does this rule only apply to crafting?

common sense..