Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it me, or....

GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813

.... has the JP/VP system dramatically limited my gameplay time? As the system currently stands, I have done all LFR raids/earned all VP available for the week within the first day and a half from server maintenance.

So I'm left with 5.5 days of pretty much nothing notable to do or, to be precise, nothing that can earn me character advancement.

Come to think of it, this point-purchase system is terrible; I remember running dungeons with the expectation of earning something in older days. this could be frustrating if no drop happened, but it DID make me wanna play the game more in order to get all the stuff that I wanted. Also in case i did get the drops, the satisfaction was much bigger.

The purchase system pretty much destroyed this. All i have to do is stay in the lobby (SW, IF) and do the 7 LFG runs to reach the 1000 pt cap. I dont even care which dungeons I do because I don't expect anything to drop in there. I just cash in the points at the vendor at the end.

Anyone else sharing the same concerns?

Comments

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

Originally posted by Galadourn

.... has the JP/VP system dramatically limited my gameplay time? As the system currently stands, I have done all LFR raids/earned all VP available for the week within the first day and a half from server maintenance.

So I'm left with 5.5 days of pretty much nothing notable to do or, to be precise, nothing that can earn me character advancement.

Come to think of it, this point-purchase system is terrible; I remember running dungeons with the expectation of earning something in older days. this could be frustrating if no drop happened, but it DID make me wanna play the game more in order to get all the stuff that I wanted. Also in case i did get the drops, the satisfaction was much bigger.

The purchase system pretty much destroyed this. All i have to do is stay in the lobby (SW, IF) and do the 7 LFG runs to reach the 1000 pt cap. I dont even care which dungeons I do because I don't expect anything to drop in there. I just cash in the points at the vendor at the end.

Anyone else sharing the same concerns?

I like it. I don't feel like i HAVE to play the game everyday to progress.

That is also because you play more than I do. In general, I get the LFR done on Monday (that is for drops & VP), then the dungeons (need 3 more after LFR + BH) in 1-2 days. BH can happen anytime. So usually my main will be done by Wed or Thu sanning if the BH happened.

I also have one alt at 85 and usually i may or may not have time to fully have him done too (he is still needing drops from the twilight dungeons).

I also have mining and daily jewelcrafting things to do. So it is easy to fill up a whole week if i want to.

I guess the point is that you will be right if you only have ONE 85 toon. But many people have more.

Plus, i like currency .. because there is no loot drama.