Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

B.Y.O.N.D.er's Enjoy!

DasiousDasious Member UncommonPosts: 6

Those of you who have enjoyed Build Your Own Net Dream (a.k.a BYOND) will really find this game enjoyable and nostalgic. The dev's are very responsive and quick to fix bugs that players run into. It's a fun little game for being free. They are also creating an Android version!

Comments

• FTOStaffFTOStaff Member Posts: 5

Thanks very much for the kind words. We are always availible to help fix any problems that you run into. We hope you continue to play the game as we unveil the newer areas that we are working to complete.

Thanks,

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Can you really build a city in the persistent world? How many players on the server at a time?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Originally posted by Dasious

Those of you who have enjoyed Build Your Own Net Dream (a.k.a BYOND) will really find this game enjoyable and nostalgic. The dev's are very responsive and quick to fix bugs that players run into. It's a fun little game for being free. They are also creating an Android version!

This is byond?
    http://www.deadron.com/Admin/BYOND_FAQ.html#N2719

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Originally posted by MMOExposed

Can you really build a city in the persistent world? How many players on the server at a time?

As noted on our current status, we are still in development. At the moment we have 1-5 players on at a time. The game does not claim to build a city in the persistent world, but is something we hope to acomplish in feature updates down the road.

In regards to the B.Y.O.N.D comment, he was just saying that it is similar to that game ( although I have never played personally).  Everything that is in our game, aside from "some" of the Slick Engine is all hand made including all the tools.

Thanks for your interest and let me know if you have any other questions :)

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660

Never heard of this game, but the screenshots look nice. Will try it out if possible.

Update:

If anyone else is interested in just trying out the game, right now on their website you can try the game as a guest through a java client, without having to do any kind of registration or downloading (except that java downloads a little bit but it does so automatically).

Originally posted by Jimmac

Never heard of this game, but the screenshots look nice. Will try it out if possible.

Update:

If anyone else is interested in just trying out the game, right now on their website you can try the game as a guest through a java client, without having to do any kind of registration or downloading (except that java downloads a little bit but it does so automatically).

Yes this is true, at the momment you can save your progress as a guest as well. Down the road we will limit things such as trade and possibly the level you can reach. We are only 3 developers, but we love feedback from players :)

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Will it have WASD movement? i hope so

i have never heard of the BYOND game, but im looking forward to this Fantasy tales game. By looking at the screenshots i feel nostalgic already because i loved snes rpgs that looked like this one. I hope you guys are successful with this project which i will wait eagerly to play. Looks very interesting honestly.

Also i would love the Android version that the OP mentioned since i feel more comfortable playing 2D games on handhelds rather than big screen PC.

• Libz0rzzLibz0rzz Member Posts: 1

G'day. Just in response to your question about WSAD movement; It's already in the game now. Mouse click movement and WSAD movement. Also the screenshots that are posted here on mmorpg.com are quite outdated. They're from some months back. If you check out our forums there's some more upto date screenshots and information there.

Right click and hit View Image to see the full size.