Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PVP everywhere with PVP Finder. (Website)

RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

http://darkfallhotspot.net/

Quote: Famer joe

Thread: http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=308961

The idea is that when you and your buddies go Pvping, you report it to this page. Or if you're going to cap a village. Or if you're hanging around in your city dueling and want a fight... etc.

Use the simple form to quick submit and update your group's numbers and where abouts. Once you submit once, your entry will stay up for 2 hours, and if you submit again, it will update your entry rather than put another entry. You can quickly delete your entry if your pvp trip ends. Although not spam-proof, it's a good start and will be closely monitored. I whipped this whole thing up in a couple of hours so it might have a bug or two.

I tried to make it as simple and streamlined as possible to increase the probability that people get into the habit of using it. Who knows, it could actually generate more pvp if people use it. Tell your friends.

Suggestions welcome.

With this website, i never had so much pvp. Come back if all you wanted was pvp, but coudlnt find it for what ever reason. Famer joe made this website today and i had some none stop actions for 6 hours. I never pked for so long. It used to be only 30 minutes or 1 hour cuz we never knew where to search.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

Comments

• Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177

This is awesome. I checked it several times yesterday and there was always around 10 posts listed. Of course 75% of them were for the center .. . lol

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775

I like the idea, I guess having a map just makes it easier for others than posting your location in public chat? Or maybe not everyone who cares about that kind of thing ever reads public chat.

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854

The fact that some users actually made this, shows how terribly ill DarkFall is. That a tool to find PvP in a PvP Game is needed is...outrageous to say the least. I ... I don't know what to say.  This is probably the last thing on my list that I would've expected the community to do; a PvP finder. I cannot find anything nice to say, it's unbelievable.

Originally posted by MadnessRealm

The fact that some users actually made this, shows how terribly ill DarkFall is. That a tool to find PvP in a PvP Game is needed is...outrageous to say the least. I ... I don't know what to say.  This is probably the last thing on my list that I would've expected the community to do; a PvP finder. I cannot find anything nice to say, it's unbelievable.

well

1. there is no denying that the population is low. I personally attribute that to fact that most gamers perfer the WoW forumla even when they pretend they dont but that is a subject for debate

2. What I dont understand is why players dont simply post their location in public chat. I knew a guy who did that and he got plenty of pvp action.

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

Originally posted by SEANMCAD

2. What I dont understand is why players dont simply post their location in public chat. I knew a guy who did that and he got plenty of pvp action.

Because if you're a red dwarf, you can only chat with other dwarfs. Most pkers are red and can only globalize with their own races. The only way to totally inform anyone in a global way, is by using a website.

This website is perfect since it is organized and moderated.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

Originally posted by Realbigdeal

Originally posted by SEANMCAD

Because if you're a red dwarf, you can only chat with other dwarfs. Most pkers are red and can only globalize with their own races. The only way to totally inform anyone in a global way, is by using a website.

This website is perfect since it is organized and moderated.

that is a good answer but I dont think its good enough. I mean yeah the population is low but its not so bad that if your red dwarf made a comment in chat that word would not get around fast. I know this because I have seen it happen but I have to admit its very rare. I have been surprised at how rare it is, I think Darkfall players just get tunnel vision and dont even consider doing that as a option.

There is a difference between it possibly not working and never trying.

• FullLootPvpFullLootPvp Member UncommonPosts: 52

well, stay positive, dont you see all the positive guys around?

Maybe we should help them and suggest where they may find pvp, the good thing is, you dont need even an active account to play that game, could be as entertaining as forumfall ;)

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

this is actually really good even if only because it will make the game look a lot more active then normally feels especially for solo players or small guilds. one of the bigger problems with DF is that because it's such a large world is often feels quite empty. unless you get ganked at your farming spot, you almost never see anyone. most vest have their houses or live at their owned towns so the only people you see are either other nubes or gankers that farm the nube spots.

sure, the open world is very nice but most of the time you can ride arround for hours and see absolutely no one, even though there might be a bunch of battles beingh fought all over the map. this tool will definately make you feel like there is stuff going on in the world.

also when you do want to find pvp, this tool is invaluable. a lot of times in DF i've wanted to find pvp (and not just gank questing nubes outside starting cities), but the only way to do it is to litteraly stumble appon enemies which is almost impossible. you waste a lot fo time travelling all over the world looking for someone to fight. with this tool you can put out challenges or just go hunting other pvpers whenever their location is posted.