Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone excited for Vita?

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

I actually really enjoyed my PSP (though I also own a DS). Are any of you excited for the PS Vita? Maybe I'm just a gadget whore, but I'm definitely looking forward to the Vita.

Are you more of a 3DS person? If so, why?

Attaching a poll, because, well, polls are fun! :)

Comments

• ForTheCityForTheCity Member Posts: 307

I am not looking forward to both the 3Ds or the Vita. I have played the 3Ds and it gets me somewhat dizzy from starring at the screen (my fault). So far the game list for Vita seems disappointing. 

I had both the DS and PSP. For the DS I did enjoy most of the mario games. For PSP I only enjoyed Gundam games which were basically asia only. It was sad because I was only able to buy a new game for my PSP every year since I did not enjoy any of the games provided in the US. 

I can see basically the vita and 3ds being the same. I don't think the US is going to release any games for the vita i would DIE TO HAVE. for the 3ds i think i'll just since i get dizzy. Also I really don't have enough time to play handheld systems these days. I'm working now and just don't have the time. Try to get in my 1-2 hours a day of PC/Console gaming. 

• LaserwolfLaserwolf Member Posts: 2,383

If I'm lucky enough to one day find myself in an occupation that allows me to travel to other countries or even other states I'd say the Vita is certainly worth getting excited over. However, while I'm still doing all my traveling by driving myself back and forth I can't see much sense in a handheld product. Until I find myself away from my PC or console with the time to spare, even the games are far less appealing than they'd be otherwise.

I will say that I'm sure I'd find more enjoyment from the Vita than the 3DS because it's a more hardcore gaming device, and I also am really glad to see a handheld finally do dual sticks properly.

• Drekker17Drekker17 Member Posts: 296

I like both, I have a 3ds and really enjoy it. I plan to buy a Vita, but I'm going to try it out at the store before buying it, because I thought the PSP was really uncomfortable to play with...which I had no problems with any Nintendo handheld.

Can't wait to play FPS on the Vita, fps without the other analog stick play really bad.

I like the Vita game variety, except no RTS games, which I know are mostly made for PCs, but I can definintly see RTS playing much better on handhelds than  big consoles, judging by the few I've played on DS.

"Great minds talk about ideas, average minds talk about events, and small minds talk about people." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Americans used to roar like lions for liberty; now we bleat like sheep for security." -Norman Vincent Peale