Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

And back to vanguard !

allegriaallegria Member CommonPosts: 682

Just started my, lets see bmg / necro / disc / psi / bard / RANGER ( 6th character ) and population is quite lite. Much less than this fall ...

It blows my mind how well done the classes are and the combat is, even with its clunky animations and slow speed..And i mean clunky... Every time i go back it feels more clunky...and more and more ha.

That said,  the combat at the same time is so  very fun and addicting.. great class design and progression... something missing from many more modern releases.

I actually think about what skills to use when, to get through encounters... go figure ??? 

Anyway, if anyone is thinking of returning, look up Twighlyte Song in game, we are still alive and kicking and always love new and returning folks !

Social tab->guilds->Twighlyte Song ---- talk to a recruiter !

Comments

• VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461

I still think the dev. was on the right track with this game..

The game had bugs when it released, but the world, the way you interacted within the world and the way the world gave you an image of being quite large (massive actually) is what the industry needs these days to break up the "streamlining" we got going on these days..

F2P will work.. Not sure on their plans, but they need to consider it..

Personally I think they ultimately want to throw everything that makes the game different into EQ2 and just shut it down completely, which would be very silly, but when they opened EQ2 F2P and kept VG P2P even though EQ2 was doing better sub wise at the time it really said to everyone that "we want THIS to be the game you play"..

• allegriaallegria Member CommonPosts: 682

Originally posted by Vyeth

I still think the dev. was on the right track with this game..

The game had bugs when it released, but the world, the way you interacted within the world and the way the world gave you an image of being quite large (massive actually) is what the industry needs these days to break up the "streamlining" we got going on these days..

F2P will work.. Not sure on their plans, but they need to consider it..

Personally I think they ultimately want to throw everything that makes the game different into EQ2 and just shut it down completely, which would be very silly, but when they opened EQ2 F2P and kept VG P2P even though EQ2 was doing better sub wise at the time it really said to everyone that "we want THIS to be the game you play"..

Not sure on reasoning but I certainly hope that Vanguard goes F2P. Eq2 numbers went pretty nuts with the f2p deal... I tried it once again and graphically it is just horribly dated at this point...  vanguard not so much so i shall roam around lonely in this fantastic looking world. - 2 boxing haha.

• OBK1OBK1 Member Posts: 637

Ohhh Vanguard, I am just like the OP, going back to VG again and again. This game should have been worked on properly, it would have been such a great game today :(

Playing Swtor for now, but for some reason I think VG will be the game I will play for a longer time, of the two. That is, if VG continue to exist...

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

clunky animations, nonexistent population, and no support. Three strikes to keep me out of the game. Much less with a monthly fee while the 3 strikes are still there.

• SkrankenSkranken Member UncommonPosts: 100

Originally posted by rojo6934

clunky animations, nonexistent population, and no support. Three strikes to keep me out of the game. Much less with a monthly fee while the 3 strikes are still there.

The population is low, but not non-existant. Im in the same guild as the OP and there are always many people online.

The other day I was gonna reactivate my second account, and with 5 SOE accounts i managed to reopen the wrong one. So instead of making me open a third account they transfered all playtime from the wrong account to the right account. It took 1,5 day, alot faster than no support.

There are also 2 upcoming big updates for Vanguard in develeopment. First one is to arrive soon.

It has been said before, if everyone that ignore Vanguard because of the population started playing again, they would have to open a few new servers.

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614

Originally posted by allegria

Just started my, lets see bmg / necro / disc / psi / bard / RANGER ( 6th character ) and population is quite lite. Much less than this fall ...

It blows my mind how well done the classes are and the combat is, even with its clunky animations and slow speed..And i mean clunky... Every time i go back it feels more clunky...and more and more ha.

That said,  the combat at the same time is so  very fun and addicting.. great class design and progression... something missing from many more modern releases.

I actually think about what skills to use when, to get through encounters... go figure ??? 

Anyway, if anyone is thinking of returning, look up Twighlyte Song in game, we are still alive and kicking and always love new and returning folks !

Social tab->guilds->Twighlyte Song ---- talk to a recruiter !

I'll go back if it goes f2p, which it looks like it might.

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147

Wish they would redo this game with new graphics, bug fixes, updates, and/or whatever else is needed and release VG2.0 or something. Great game, one of the true mmo's released.

• bobfishbobfish Member UncommonPosts: 1,679

Vanguard remains my favorite MMO for class and world design. Nothing else comes close to what it does, although it lacks the high level execution of WoW, Rift or SWTOR, it just feels like the designers really tried to be unique.

I think EQ Next is going to borrow some from VG and replace it, because it is the ideal third type of MMO to sit alongside EQ and EQ2, without going to the sandbox route (which we all know SOE won't do).

Originally posted by rojo6934

Can't argue with those 3 things.. I guess my point is, I am having fun in VG .....a g a i n ..... seems like I always do when i return...

What does it for me is:

1.Classes - Every class is extremely well done... can't stress this enough... 

2. Exploration -  World is open and awesome to look at ( yes still ) if you have a good machine and there is/are more off the beaten path things in VG than well, any game i have played.

3. Dungeons  - there are so many damn dungeons in this game its crazy, like 150 or something ? forget number, anyway its crazy and they all rock.

4. Community - cool peeps.

5. Depth - crafting + adventuring are both very deep ( adventuring due to #1 )

VG is definitely a "throwback game" and is not flashy and fast moving like new stuff, but if u wanna slow it down and don't mind the clunk, its fantastic.

( currently playing VG and DDO - Throwbacks ftw ! )

Originally posted by bobfish

Vanguard remains my favorite MMO for class and world design. Nothing else comes close to what it does, although it lacks the high level execution of WoW, Rift or SWTOR, it just feels like the designers really tried to be unique.

I think EQ Next is going to borrow some from VG and replace it, because it is the ideal third type of MMO to sit alongside EQ and EQ2, without going to the sandbox route (which we all know SOE won't do).

I would love to see something similar to vanguard. Open world, thempark elements, sandbox elements and please, be about exploration.

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

i played this game on February 2011, it was okay back then, i managed to play for quite long time, until November, where i finally decided not to continue my Subs because of the pops

while i joined a guild ( i seriously forgot the name of the guild, but i think it was Twilighte Song or something )

but for the huge world of Vanguard, it was just too dead, i sometimes got so bored by doing all the quest for hours and no interaction with other players but the NPCs and monsters

and even i did crafting, no one seems to buy them anymore because market is totally dead

must say though, it was a good brief run, i cannot say i have a lot of fun, but i can imagine, with a decent population, this game would have been so much fun

So What Now?

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

Would be great if EQ Next would learn from the VG experience. If that would happen, I would be my choice for next game.

But I wont hold my breath.

All we heard about EQ Next so far was pretty vague "we dont want to make another EQ2, we rather want something like EQ1".

Vanguard wasnt mentioned at all.

I fail to see why we would need a graphics upgrade for Vanguard. VG was extremely hardware hungry at release; now its okay-ish in this respect. Newer machines can now display highest quality with only rare struggles.

I dont think anyone will make something like Vanguard in the forseeable future. Maybe in a decade or so. But from what I've seen as announcements, nobody bothers to go any near this direction.

• darker70darker70 Member UncommonPosts: 804

Glad to see the OP giveing props to VG,there is hopefully a future but with SOE we never no,F2P seems the only way to get new blood and SOE seem to be heading all their games in that direction.But still it is sad to see VG on the brink  and loseing it's unique qualities,but i'd rather see that future than non at all.

And yeah Twighlyte song is a brilliant guild cya ingame soon and look out for Skine image

p>