Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Solo Class?

AadienAadien Member UncommonPosts: 220

Just starting out for the F2P model, and was wondering the best Solo class? And Why?

Thanks so much for the help

Comments

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Originally posted by Aadien

Just starting out for the F2P model, and was wondering the best Solo class? And Why?

They all solo well... But some are just better.

Most of the top solo classes require 750 SC points in the shop.

I think what kind of mechanismes you like are more important then how fast they level.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

i found that Paladin is pretty good soloplay you can self heal and use plate armor, first time i died while playing my paladin I was  lvl 26 and i didnt play all that safe, even did some dungeons.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

I have a lot of experience with EQ2 and the best solo class imo is easily the Inquisitor, and being a battle cleric.

There is an excellent guide on all things inquis here:

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=415347

The battle cleric damage skills level up as you do so you dont have to find skill upgrades etc. You will hardly ever run out of mana and can heal extremely well when you need to. Along with dishing out decent damage. You should hit the glory point at about level 20-25 (when you get the battle cleric skills), then you'll really start to enjoy it. Plus its an included class in the free model. Plate armour melee healer = solo friendly. I often found myself soloing things 5-10 levels higher than me (not that you need to).

There is no competition for soloable class without twinking IMO.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870

I really only played a Berserker, Swashbuckler and a Bruiser and i soloed pretty well with them.

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Originally posted by Aadien

They all solo well... But some are just better.

Most of the top solo classes require 750 SC points in the shop.

I think what kind of mechanismes you like are more important then how fast they level.

There are some excellent soloers in the free classes.  Wizards and Warlocks solo great, so do melee specced Wardens.  I cant remember what scouts are free, if Brigand is free they solo quite well too.

• TortanicTortanic Member Posts: 85

Necromancers