Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bye bye TOR see ya

Well I canceled my account today with bioware, uninstalled the game as well. Sorry but this is not an MMO, more like a single player game with some mmo stuff tacked on. Space battles are a snoozefest, game engine is horrible, combat is pretty good though it gets boring fast, pvp is a mess and not much fun to be honest, leveling is your standard boring get this do that, kill 10 of these fuck that I have a job I dont need another one. This game is designed to be a B2P and EA/Bioware wants to charge a monthly fee, I think they are out of their minds to be honest sorry. Anyway bye bye and hello Arenanet, now their game looks innovative and the engine rocks. 

Comments

• OnetoOneto Member UncommonPosts: 26

I hope that you find a game that you like.

:)

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

See ya! Hope you don't get too bored waiting.

• nomssnomss Member UncommonPosts: 1,468

I'm almost ready to follow you. ALMOST.

• NegativeJoeNegativeJoe Member UncommonPosts: 213

likewise, fine game for some i guess but its to the point i am bored and here instead of playing.

::::26:: ::::26:: ::::26::

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

I don't know why anyone would think Watch-a-movie style of game would be an mmo anyway.  ALL it's faults were easy to find in the bata...... Well if you really like Star Wars that much, I guess I could understand giving it a shot.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Originally posted by page

I don't know why anyone would think Watch-a-movie style of game would be an mmo anyway.  ALL it's faults were easy to find in the bata...... Well if you really like Star Wars that much, I guess I could understand giving it a shot.

Well the stories are nice, I just hope I can finish the interesting one's before my free month ends. Really dont feel like paying a sub-fee for what normally is a one time cost.

• SkrankenSkranken Member UncommonPosts: 100

Imagine how many threads we would have if everyone quitting would make a thread just to inform that they didnt like the game and quit.

Hope GW2 answers your expectations :-)

• pierthpierth Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

There are a ton of people that bought the game for lightsabers alone- just goes to show how low expectations are anymore.

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

I have to ask.. what did you (the OP) expect...? Have you played any BW game.. like... ever... If not i can understand why you feel a bit cheated since the story loaded gameplay of a BW game is not for every one. But if you did play any of them *palm+forehead" But at least you had sense enough to realise it now. Thus we will not have to have you complaning later on how you invested several stacks of (your currency of choice) in to it before you found out it was not for you.

So... Gl/Hf

This have been a good conversation

• Germaximus_SGermaximus_S Member UncommonPosts: 1,061

Im level 20 and havent wanted to log in cuz pretty much every quest i have atm is a group quest and i dont want to be bothered getting a group for each of them right now.

Not saying i dont like to group, just dont want to be forced to and not in the mood for it at this point in the game. When im in the mood to sit around in general chat LFG then ill play again.

Jeremiah 8:21 I weep for the hurt of my people; I stand amazed, silent, dumb with grief.
    Join me on Twitch Facebook Twitter 

• DreamionDreamion Member UncommonPosts: 287

Likewise, I will probably not last in this game for more than 1 more month, max.

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047

Originally posted by monstermmo

Im level 20 and havent wanted to log in cuz pretty much every quest i have atm is a group quest and i dont want to be bothered getting a group for each of them right now.

Not saying i dont like to group, just dont want to be forced to and not in the mood for it at this point in the game. When im in the mood to sit around in general chat LFG then ill play again.

That's interesting, most of the people quitting say they don't want to pay a monthly fee for a single player game.  You seem to be quitting because it isn't a single player game.

• WarbsWarbs Member Posts: 245

SWTOR was good but not good enough to justify me leaving Rift and all the time spent in it.

Originally posted by niceguy3978

That's interesting, most of the people quitting say they don't want to pay a monthly fee for a single player game.  You seem to be quitting because it isn't a single player game.

Im not quitting im just not playing it right now. Its a whole mood thing, having to group when i dont want to ruins my mood to play. I love the crap out of NFS The Run on ps3 but the loading screens drive me mad and make me not wanna play it most of the time.

And people are silly with the whole its "not an mmo" when most mmorpg's are end game centered anyways.

You still solo most of your leveling in WoW and other similar games. That arguments never been a good one.

Jeremiah 8:21 I weep for the hurt of my people; I stand amazed, silent, dumb with grief.

• Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877

Canxed my sub a couple of days ago.  While the class story is great feature in an MMO everything else I found subpar.  Playing SWTOR made me realize how much I missed WoW's instances and grp content so reactivated the account and rerolled on a high pop server.  FPs I found were utter crap, nice conversation mechanics but everything else was severly lacking.

In the end if I wanted to live through a story then I'd be playing the ME series or DA:O.  Seems like BW thought people would be content with a waterdowned ME version with multiplayer aspects.

So off back to WoW till GW2, ME3, and Neverwinter.

• xm522xm522 Member UncommonPosts: 117

looking at OP's history, it seems obvious that he is either trolling or here for much needed attention.

• Cthulhu23Cthulhu23 Member Posts: 994

So you're quitting an MMO for being too multiplayerish?  Interesting.  Also interesting that you are trying to convince us that, at level 20, every quest you currently have is a group quest.  How many quests do you currently have?  4?  Have you thought about, I dunno, going out and obtaining more quests?  There isn't a particular rule that says you have to complete every quest you get.  

And I don't think anyone is buying your claim that all you have left are group quests, particularly when you only get between 5-10 of them in any one zone.  

• BigMangoBigMango Member UncommonPosts: 1,821

+1... was about to post the same. Lmao. These players don't know what they want.

SWTOR is a good game. I hope you'll find a game you like.

I love the defensive fanboyism.

I never said i was quitting.

• ropeniceropenice Member UncommonPosts: 588

Originally posted by metalguy23

Well I canceled my account today with bioware, uninstalled the game as well. Sorry but this is not an MMO, more like a single player game with some mmo stuff tacked on. Space battles are a snoozefest, game engine is horrible, combat is pretty good though it gets boring fast, pvp is a mess and not much fun to be honest, leveling is your standard boring get this do that, kill 10 of these fuck that I have a job I dont need another one. This game is designed to be a B2P and EA/Bioware wants to charge a monthly fee, I think they are out of their minds to be honest sorry. Anyway bye bye and hello Arenanet, now their game looks innovative and the engine rocks. 

Knowing this, I will not sleep a wink tonight. I am tormented.

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047

Originally posted by Cthulhu23

So you're quitting an MMO for being too multiplayerish?  Interesting.  Also interesting that you are trying to convince us that, at level 20, every quest you currently have is a group quest.  How many quests do you currently have?  4?  Have you thought about, I dunno, going out and obtaining more quests?  There isn't a particular rule that says you have to complete every quest you get.  

And I don't think anyone is buying your claim that all you have left are group quests, particularly when you only get between 5-10 of them in any one zone.  

Oh, I can believe it.  If I don't do any of them, I usually have 5 or 6 when I am ready to leave the planet.  Only once did not doig them cause me to not be level appropriate for the next planet.  I just pvp'd through that level because I am one of the few that enjoys the pvp.

• Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877

Im not quitting im just not playing it right now. Its a whole mood thing, having to group when i dont want to ruins my mood to play. I love the crap out of NFS The Run on ps3 but the loading screens drive me mad and make me not wanna play it most of the time.

And people are silly with the whole its "not an mmo" when most mmorpg's are end game centered anyways.

You still solo most of your leveling in WoW and other similar games. That arguments never been a good one.

Except for the fact that lvling you had actual grping content?  Numerous dungeons that were challenging and were a time investment unlike FPs not to mention that sometimes one would grp just to quest together as some areas were deadly if soloing... well back in BC n vanilla at least.

But yeah every game can hit cap solo but WoW and other MMOs had quality grp content that were challenging and took quite a bit of time that was well rewarded unlike SWTOR which if your not doing it for the social or light/dark point gringing then there is no point in doing it.

• Cthulhu23Cthulhu23 Member Posts: 994

Originally posted by Ambros123

Except for the fact that lvling you had actual grping content?  Numerous dungeons that were challenging and were a time investment unlike FPs not to mention that sometimes one would grp just to quest together as some areas were deadly if soloing... well back in BC n vanilla at least.

But yeah every game can hit cap solo but WoW and other MMOs had quality grp content that were challenging and took quite a bit of time that was well rewarded unlike SWTOR which if your not doing it for the social or light/dark point gringing then there is no point in doing it.

You haven't played WoW recently, have you?  And how was the reward for doing WoW dungeons/raids any different from the reward you get from TOR flashpoints?  You get better gear.  That's your reward.  Except with TOR, you don't have to spend two hours in a dungeon to do it.

Also, I'll repeat:  You haven't played WoW recently, have you?  If you are looking for challenging content, coming back post-Cata isn't going to be the way to do it.  WoW actually gives you less reasons and less chance to group while levelling that TOR does now. 

• BigMangoBigMango Member UncommonPosts: 1,821

I love the defensive fanboyism.

I never said i was quitting.

It's nothing about you. I was just comparing your post with all the rubbish flying around about SWTOR being a single player game.

If you are left with only group content at level 20, just move on to the next planet (go back to the holo terminal in your ship, they'll send you on to your next mission).

• xBlackBoxXxBlackBoxX Member Posts: 34

LMAO!!!!!!!!!! Alwayz luv when the peeps w/ no skills cry about the pvp in TOR

L2P and stop blaming Bioware cus u sux