Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Most graphically taxing game on pc?

xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926

Just curious what most people feel (or is known) to be the most taxing game graphically at this point. I'm thinking it may be crysis 2 or metro 2033 but is there something else out there? No real reason just curious what people think (without facts just opinion). What game makes you think you need a super computer to run it at max everything.

Comments

• darthwiz67darthwiz67 Member Posts: 11

Age of Conan at max graphics seems to be amazingly beautiful.   It will make you shed a tear for how good that game could have been.  And im a 2 year vet to that game so that should say a lot XD

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

Crysis 2 has been the most intensive on my system, followed up by Battlefield 3 and Skyrim all maxed. 

• pl3dgepl3dge Member UncommonPosts: 183

Arkham City is probably the only game i've played recently that made my PC really think about trying to run it. Thats with the DX11 features and Physx all turned on, worth it though, great looking game :)

• CeridithCeridith Member UncommonPosts: 2,980

It's actually Metro 2033, but that has more to do with the game engine being embarrassingly inefficient on higher end settings.

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926

Originally posted by pl3dge

Arkham City is probably the only game i've played recently that made my PC really think about trying to run it. Thats with the DX11 features and Physx all turned on, worth it though, great looking game :)

Just curious. Is that before or after they suposedly "fixed" DX11?

• pl3dgepl3dge Member UncommonPosts: 183

Originally posted by xenogias

Originally posted by pl3dge

Just curious. Is that before or after they suposedly "fixed" DX11?

After.

• malfury1malfury1 Member Posts: 19

Witcher 2 is also considerable as far as RPGs go.

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926

Originally posted by Ceridith

It's actually Metro 2033, but that has more to do with the game engine being embarrassingly inefficient on higher end settings.

I was also thinking Metro. Mainly because even at med to high settings it seems to chug on above average systems. Couldnt talk to max settings because it would simply crash on me lol.

Anyone know how FEAR3 ran/runs? I didnt buy it but FEAR2, for its time, took a pretty good machine to run it maxed with no real framerate issues.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

If you play battlefield 3 or skyrim on max settings your fans never turn off.  I'm waiting to be running around and my keyboard and mouse just melt in my hand lol.

• WarmakerWarmaker Member UncommonPosts: 2,246

Crysis games have, over the years, been used for benchmarking a computer.  That should say something I guess, but I've never played any of them.

BF3 though requires a pretty beefy system if you want it to look beautiful.

I wouldn't count Skyrim as a taxing game though.  Maybe if you installed nothing but those HD retextures, but vanilla Skyrim hums along on an older computer I had that was 3 years old.

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

lol @ Skyrim...

• ZezdaZezda Member UncommonPosts: 686

Metro or BF3 I think.

Crysis 2 is actually really well made, unlike the first one.

• WarmakerWarmaker Member UncommonPosts: 2,246

Also consider that Skyrim's optimized mainly for the consoles.  That should say alot also on what kind of rig you need.

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

• kashiegamerkashiegamer Member Posts: 263

Skyrim with all the 2k HD Textures and tweaked ini plus ENB and FXAA injector mods pretty much makes Skyrim one of the most taxing modded games today.

On default I'd say it'll be crysis though.

My Blog About Hellgate Global, an ARPG/FPS hybrid MMO:
    http://kashiewannaplay.wordpress.com/

Hellgate Global Official Fan Blog
    http://t3funhellgate.wordpress.com/

Currently Playing: Hellgate Global, LoL, Skyrim, Morrowind
    Recently Played: Cardmon Hero, Cabal, Oblivion

• SereliskSerelisk Member Posts: 836

There's a few people saying Crysis 2, but it was my understanding that Crysis 1 had higher system requirements because of how the game was made. -shrug-

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

Originally posted by Serelisk

There's a few people saying Crysis 2, but it was my understanding that Crysis 1 had higher system requirements because of how the game was made. -shrug-

That was until the hi-rez texture pack along with the tesselation dx11 patch was released. Drastic performance decreases with those two turned on. 

• fonyfony Member Posts: 755

it's Metro 2033. Crysis 2 maxed out with high res textures and BF3 maxed out still produce a higher framerate across all levels of hardware.

if we want to get into crap shit coding and optimization, saint's row 2 doesn't run on the pc....period, it crawls.

GTA IV initially, it's gotten better though.

FFXIV

some japanes dating simulator had the highest system requirements ever.

• grndzrogrndzro Member UncommonPosts: 1,162

Skyrim with an ungodly amount of high res textures and post process injectors. Nothing else comes close.

• tkoreapertkoreaper Member UncommonPosts: 412

I for one can't say I've played Crysis 2 or metro 2033, but I do own BF3, Skyrim, Rage, and Batman: AC. Of those I can tell you although Skrim looks great, it doesn't really tax my system and could be a lot better. I've played the first Crysis and know that it did take a lot of resources. 

Of the games I have played I would say it goes like this:

Batman: Arkham city (Amazing game btw... I couldn't put it down)

Battlefield 3 (You're typical FPS... I prefer Planetside)

Rage (Kinda got bored of it)

Skyrim (Got bored of this too)

Now since I haven't played the other 2 I can't really say, but I would suspect that Crysis 2 and Metro would be up there at the top.

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

One of the most technically impressive games to me is Just Cause 2. It can get pretty taxing if you've got everything cranked and you're on the main island. Metro 2033, Crysis or even Crysis 2 can also be pretty taxing. Mafia 2 is taxing if you crank the PhysX stuff up, though this is more taxing on your CPU (I believe) if you don't have a dedicated graphics card for PhysX, so I'm not sure if that counts for you.

• MetanolMetanol Member UncommonPosts: 248

I wonder why none of you mentioned the hardware sink I'm going to throw in... Armed Assault 2. With fully tapped graphics, as in, everything. Haven't heard of anyone running it with full settings.

We?re all dead, just say it.

• alantheceltalanthecelt Member Posts: 122

imho battlefield 3

i dont rate batman arkham city for this as there is something broken with dx11 causing massive slow down

crysis 2 jsut runs sweet on my buid, but bf3 needs some tweaking for 30+fps gaming on my system

not sure about skyrim, on as it ships software it seemed ok

• fonyfony Member Posts: 755

all of the above maxed with mods still run better than metro 2033.

• tkoreapertkoreaper Member UncommonPosts: 412

Originally posted by alanthecelt

imho battlefield 3

i dont rate batman arkham city for this as there is something broken with dx11 causing massive slow down

crysis 2 jsut runs sweet on my buid, but bf3 needs some tweaking for 30+fps gaming on my system

not sure about skyrim, on as it ships software it seemed ok

Where have you been? This was fixed almost a month ago.

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

Originally posted by malfury1

Witcher 2 is also considerable as far as RPGs go.

IM gonna go with this one.

Witcher 2 with Uber sampling on. 

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing