Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

One week in and loving it.

snoop101snoop101 Member UncommonPosts: 400

Well im just over one week in now with this game and subed two accounts. One for industrial and one for combat/pvp. I played Eve for a while before this so was a pretty easy transition. I would think it would be a little harder for someone coming from wow or swtor to get into the game easy. Not because of the game, but the genre. It took me three times of playing Eve to really sit down and say damn it im going to learn this game. After a few weeks it seemed really easy, but at first there is a lot to bring in. 

I dont really want to go into the pros and cons of the game as everyones pros might be cons and visa versa. What I do like is that instead of bringing out this huge game and then forgetting about it, they brought a normal size game and then building it up. Dev team seems on the ball and good things have come and new things are on the horizon. A new graphics overhall is being done right now and the pics look amazing. Like others have said the industrial side of things are pretty good. A little bit of balancing needs to be done for Alpha and Beta islands. Combat is a lot more fun the Eve imo. Have not done PvP, but my in chat they say its a lot more fun the eve as you can use your terrain to a advantage. I will say though that Eve feels more mature, but I love that im here to see Perp grow.

My last note and to me the best is the Community. Very helpful and very nice. As long as your not afraid to read the forums and guides then any question you ask is answered. Tutorial just got a work over and realisticly one should not have to many "noob" questions (how do i move?). Corps are also a lot easier to join. My biggest issue with Eve is that it was really hard to get into a active corp as they all take it so serious that they think your a spy. I lived in a Wormhole with a coworker so I didnt have to worry about that, but I was told horror stories when he started out. All in all great community with an active involvment with the devs.

So like I said this is not a review in anyway and like all games it is not perfect, but just wanted to give some insight on playing after one week. Will I stay for years to come? Will see... I got a baby on the way for May so that might effect all my gaming. 

Comments

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

Gratz on the baby Snoop.

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• gibogibo Member Posts: 25

Glad you like it, hope you stay for good. Its a great game been playing for more than a year now, we just need more players.

• PainlezzPainlezz Member UncommonPosts: 646

The "idea" of this game and EvE is great... Unfortunately you commented on the exact reason I will never ever bother playing this game or EvE. 

"Two Accounts"

If a game is slow/boring enough that someone can play multiple accounts... In fact HAS to play multiple accounts in order to compete with others it's just bad design.

HOWEVER I do like that people are playing and enjoying these Sci-Fi games because I love Sci-Fi, I just don't love any of the games that have come out for it.  SWTOR was a small hope and unfortunately isn't MMO enough for me to stay with it.

• psykobillypsykobilly Member Posts: 338

Originally posted by Painlezz

The "idea" of this game and EvE is great... Unfortunately you commented on the exact reason I will never ever bother playing this game or EvE. 

"Two Accounts"

If a game is slow/boring enough that someone can play multiple accounts... In fact HAS to play multiple accounts in order to compete with others it's just bad design.

I agree.  

Perpetuum has a 'pay to win' model.  You don't have to have multple accounts, but if you have only one you will be extremely gimped...  a guy with 3 accounts can have a pvp guy, remote repairer, and hauler all go together to farm and make bank.  I've seen people with 10+ accounts have their own personal mining fleet. 

The perpetuum population is pretty low, and has been for some time.  Part of the reason is the frustration with seeing players pay to win (CIR being a great example of pay to win on a large scale).

• MarkZimaMarkZima Member UncommonPosts: 17

The reason people get multiple accounts is to collect more EP faster and experience different sides of the game, not to compete in multiboxing capabilities as you claim.
    Only mining scales beyond 2 accounts. And very few people have more than 1-2 mining capable chars. Multiboxing in PVP is _rare_, it's much easier to imagine things about it than actually perform it.

There is no "pay-to-win" of any kind, shape or form. Only your limited thinking.