Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ZAM - Top 5 Important MMOs of 2012: The Secret World

snip:

"The Secret World's gameplay mechanics are a throwback to those long nights spent planning your perfect character, but with a dash of modern accessibility. I realize this is a number that gets thrown around a lot in fluffy press articles, but 588 unique skills is… a lot. With nine weapons available at launch, that means around 65 active / passive skills per weapon. While active skills do require the weapon they are associated with, passive skills do not, so it is very possible to create almost any sort of finely-tuned character build you want.."

"Finally, where I'm really looking for The Secret World to shine is in creating an immersive, social world that really utilizes the "MMO" part of the MMORPG genre. With most MMORPGs, if you're tired of playing your Warrior, then the only option is, usually, to roll a new character. Of course, this leads to having very little emotional attachment to the characters you make. With TSW, given that there will be almost no reason to "re-roll," I can see this game achieving a level of emotional character investment on par with MMOs like Final Fantasy XI or the old Star Wars Galaxies communities."

http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=28715

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.