Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nice Rig? Want the BEST possible graphics out of this game? look here!(Nvidia only sorry)*updated* n

124»

Comments

• AvsRock21AvsRock21 Member UncommonPosts: 256

Originally posted by sanosukex

Originally posted by Spalliero

Thats the best I've seen the game look that said its still junk compared to any other AAA title this year.

i thought so at first but played this for a month and went and re-tried rift after not playing for a few months cause I noticed I had a few days left on my 3 month sub and found swtor looks a hell of a lot better than rift and with my settings this game blows rift out the water aside from shadows which suck big time in this game. As far as I remember rift is only other AAA MMO released this year.

Yes, I noticed this to!  Yes they are still working out the quarks still with TOR, graphically.  But it's still a lot better than Rift.  Overall TOR has much better graphics than Aion too, all Aion has is nice character models, and even they are only equal to TOR's char models.  Playing with shadows on is a must for me, the game looks unbelievably better with shadows on high.  Also, TOR has some of the best spell effects.  

• sanosukexsanosukex Member Posts: 1,836

Originally posted by AvsRock21

Originally posted by Spalliero

Thats the best I've seen the game look that said its still junk compared to any other AAA title this year.

i thought so at first but played this for a month and went and re-tried rift after not playing for a few months cause I noticed I had a few days left on my 3 month sub and found swtor looks a hell of a lot better than rift and with my settings this game blows rift out the water aside from shadows which suck big time in this game. As far as I remember rift is only other AAA MMO released this year.

Yes, I noticed this to!  Yes they are still working out the quarks still with TOR, graphically.  But it's still a lot better than Rift.  Overall TOR has much better graphics than Aion too, all Aion has is nice character models, and even they are only equal to TOR's char models.  Playing with shadows on is a must for me, the game looks unbelievably better with shadows on high.  Also, TOR has some of the best spell effects.  

i actually like aions models a lot more but  I like anime style so its a personal preference thing also aion had awsome customization... shadows for me depends on the zone. Some zones it really doesn't do much at all like korriban for example. The more woodsy type planets yes shadows make a bigger impact on how everything looks although still wish there was more you can do to the shadows because outdoor character shadows are just horrid.

But yea it actually makes me mad cause I was going to play rift again for a bit because of the free weekend thing so I reinstalled it and could not even play at all the shimmering is EVERWHERE.....

• ShadowzanonShadowzanon Member UncommonPosts: 350

Oh my ! a nvidia user and ati user actually getting along to help their fellow players. You dont see this happen that often in these fourms. Keep up the good work, this thread should be stickied.

• grndzrogrndzro Member UncommonPosts: 1,162

Originally posted by Cavod

This is a pretty nice write up.  I made some of these changes on my own but your recommendations really fleshed it out for me.  It's a shame the post keeps getting pushed off the front page.   Maybe a sticky is in order? idk

How did the pre-rendered frames adjustment work out for you?

it honestly doesn't seem to effect my system at all.. I went and tried 8 which is max for nvidia then tried 0.. honestly did not notice a single difference but ill do some more testing and if I find anything concrete ill add it to my OP...

one thing i did find is there are certain spots.. especially certain caves that destroy your fps no matter what your setup is.. in particular if the cave area has dust or smoke effects it litterally will take me from 110 fps with vsync off obviously down to 45 fps.. I looked over on official forums and theres hundreds of pages on this issue so hopefully they will fix this.. 

oh another odd thing I found having the grass slider all the way to 100% in korriban can have big impact on your fps but on tython it didn't which I found strange since tython was all grass and korriban is just a few patches od dead weeds here and there... found on korriban I just turned grass off since it looks like crap there but on tython it looks fine so i leave it at 50%

it might be that SWTOR is not driver adjustable for NV cards for render ahead.

Can an ATI user flip back and forth between 1 and 5 and see if there is a difference.

Originally posted by lzanon

Oh my ! a nvidia user and ati user actually getting along to help their fellow players. You dont see this happen that often in these fourms. Keep up the good work, this thread should be stickied.

lol I have owned ati.. owned nvidia.. owned intel.. owned amd... i go for whatever is best price/performance at the time.. i build a new pc every few years and never really stayed loyal to one company or another in this regard. So far both have suited me just fine

Originally posted by grndzro

it might be that SWTOR is not driver adjustable for NV cards for render ahead.

Can an ATI user flip back and forth between 1 and 5 and see if there is a difference.

well I know it seems very dependent of the specific system and game..  but still testing.. so far still haven't noticed difference either way but could just be my system though.

if I can get my audio to record properly im going to put together a video guide of all my tweaks I use if people are interested.... it would include the stuff mentioned in this guide and everything else I do to tweak this game