Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nice Rig? Want the BEST possible graphics out of this game? look here!(Nvidia only sorry)*updated* n

Comments

• tovontotovonto Member UncommonPosts: 40

Originally posted by sanosukex

Originally posted by thedarkess

And the winner of 2005 best graphics game is SWTOR!

it's funny when I played in beta I was pretty upset with the graphics and just recently I decided to try all the past MMOs I haven't played in awhile that went F2P. First was conan even with my sli geforce 560 Ti setup, 2600k at 4.7ghz, SSD hd turning everything to ultra caused major slowdown and honestly didn't look all that great at all(for some reason I rmeember this game looking lot better I dunno was so long ago). Fired up LOTRO not even close, some enviornments look very good but character models, animations, everything else is horrid... so fired up Rift.. graphics are ok but AA suport is horrid and nothing you can do to fix it. Thing I like about swtor is how I can use any combo of AA i want it supports sparse grid it supports FXAA, supports CSAA, can run SSAA, can run SGSSAA. My big issue with graphics is shimmering/flickering textures and jagged edges on textures. For me just MSAA does not get rid of most of this and pretty much all games out there only mostly support MSAA. Some you can force other types but it brings the game down to a crawl. 

My big issue with SWTOR is the low res textures and the horrible shadows. Shadows have no way to improve there resolution or reduced the blockyness and well the texture thing.....yea

hmm how to you enable FXAA? I would really love to know

• sanosukexsanosukex Member Posts: 1,836

Originally posted by tovonto

Originally posted by thedarkess

And the winner of 2005 best graphics game is SWTOR!

it's funny when I played in beta I was pretty upset with the graphics and just recently I decided to try all the past MMOs I haven't played in awhile that went F2P. First was conan even with my sli geforce 560 Ti setup, 2600k at 4.7ghz, SSD hd turning everything to ultra caused major slowdown and honestly didn't look all that great at all(for some reason I rmeember this game looking lot better I dunno was so long ago). Fired up LOTRO not even close, some enviornments look very good but character models, animations, everything else is horrid... so fired up Rift.. graphics are ok but AA suport is horrid and nothing you can do to fix it. Thing I like about swtor is how I can use any combo of AA i want it supports sparse grid it supports FXAA, supports CSAA, can run SSAA, can run SGSSAA. My big issue with graphics is shimmering/flickering textures and jagged edges on textures. For me just MSAA does not get rid of most of this and pretty much all games out there only mostly support MSAA. Some you can force other types but it brings the game down to a crawl. 

My big issue with SWTOR is the low res textures and the horrible shadows. Shadows have no way to improve there resolution or reduced the blockyness and well the texture thing.....yea

hmm how to you enable FXAA? I would really love to know

install the nvdia 295.18 drivers.. and the option is added to the control panel. Its selectable for global settings so any game that supports it will work without the stupid dll injector stuff.. look around for the 295 drivers you also need a edited file so you can install it for desktop but it works fine.. if you have trouble finding them let me know ill track down the links for you.

• tovontotovonto Member UncommonPosts: 40

Thanks I've seen them around the web, just didnt know they worked for SWTOR

Originally posted by tovonto

Thanks I've seen them around the web, just didnt know they worked for SWTOR

sure does:) it also works in conjuction with nvidia inspector if you use that... if you enable it in the global settings in nvidia control center it will enable it automatically in nvidia inspectors profile

Originally posted by boubhs

If this is the BEST possible graphics then the game really sucks man...

Hero engine FTW! Good job BW!

honestly you gotta play with these settings to appreciate them the most.. looks better than any other CURRENT mmo out there(maybe not all the textures but the overall game).. and that's coming from someone who really hated the graphics originally.. although the lack of ambience is really dissapointing...

• pharazonicpharazonic Member Posts: 860

Originally posted by maskedweasel

here's one more shot for you guys that I just took

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/1633/swtor2012011121130500.png

That does look really good.

I must also say that the foreground (?) of that shot is beautiful but in the distance, that supporting edifice - the big, blank grey one - is really ugly and unnatural looking. It looks utterly unfinished. The same goes for the building in general.

Anyway, not a big deal; in movement when in game, it probably makes no difference. 

"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

I need to take this advice more.

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

see i dont get it. I have a GTX 280 and my shadows and graphics look awesome...no tweaking involved. I wonder why? It seems peculiar (not saying anyone is a liar, but when i see the shadows of my characters on the floor, they look very well done...i will grab a screenie later after dinner)

Originally posted by miagisan

see i dont get it. I have a GTX 280 and my shadows and graphics look awesome...no tweaking involved. I wonder why? It seems peculiar (not saying anyone is a liar, but when i see the shadows of my characters on the floor, they look very well done...i will grab a screenie later after dinner)

id love to see some character shadows that look spectacular cause I have found no way to make them anything but a blocky mess

Originally posted by pharazonic

Originally posted by maskedweasel

here's one more shot for you guys that I just took

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/1633/swtor2012011121130500.png

That does look really good.

I must also say that the foreground (?) of that shot is beautiful but in the distance, that supporting edifice - the big, blank grey one - is really ugly and unnatural looking. It looks utterly unfinished. The same goes for the building in general.

Anyway, not a big deal; in movement when in game, it probably makes no difference. 

when moving yea its not really noticable at all but I get what you mean there's lots of large blank canvas's in the game I wish had some extra detail in them

here you go SWTOR shadows in all there glory!

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/7369/swtor2012011219244887.png

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207

Originally posted by boubhs

If this is the BEST possible graphics then the game really sucks man...

Hero engine FTW! Good job BW!

honestly you gotta play with these settings to appreciate them the most.. looks better than any other CURRENT mmo out there(maybe not all the textures but the overall game).. and that's coming from someone who really hated the graphics originally.. although the lack of ambience is really dissapointing...

sorry Conan looks better imo

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207

Originally posted by ShakyMo

Originally posted by Guileplayer

Any news on something like this for ATI users* bro?

just open catalyst, choose the have AA managed by hardware instead of software and away you go.  You wont break it.  Just remeber to set it back to let software manage it for your other games.  GameBryo / Hero is a AMD friendly engine, we actually have less issues than nVidia peeople with these games (unlike many others).

Worth doing - my FPS actually went up putting it on 4X over none.  Bear in mind i have a fairly high end card though a 6870, your saying Ati rather than AMD which makes me think an older card?

yea I heard you can force MSAA through ati's control center but I doubt you can force Supersampling(SSAA not Transparency SS, usually transperancy supersampling is an option in control centers but not SSAA) and highly doubt you could force sparse grid which is what really makes the game look great.. Regular MSAA helps but not very much and with regular MSAA I got a ton of shimmering textures when I moved with my setup I hardly get any at all

well AMD has the inbetween AMSAA  and the edge detect and morphological check boxes, AMSAA doesn't change performance much - edge detect though - ouch

you can force SSAA but if the game don't like it it's slow

Originally posted by Guileplayer

Any news on something like this for ATI users* bro?

just open catalyst, choose the have AA managed by hardware instead of software and away you go.  You wont break it.  Just remeber to set it back to let software manage it for your other games.  GameBryo / Hero is a AMD friendly engine, we actually have less issues than nVidia peeople with these games (unlike many others).

Worth doing - my FPS actually went up putting it on 4X over none.  Bear in mind i have a fairly high end card though a 6870, your saying Ati rather than AMD which makes me think an older card?

yea I heard you can force MSAA through ati's control center but I doubt you can force Supersampling(SSAA not Transparency SS, usually transperancy supersampling is an option in control centers but not SSAA) and highly doubt you could force sparse grid which is what really makes the game look great.. Regular MSAA helps but not very much and with regular MSAA I got a ton of shimmering textures when I moved with my setup I hardly get any at all

well AMD has the inbetween AMSAA  and the edge detect and morphological check boxes, AMSAA doesn't change performance much - edge detect though - ouch

you can force SSAA but if the game don't like it it's slow

SSAA at 1x2 works fine combined with sgssaa for transperancy  works great together in this game.. but you need id say at least a gtx 570 to get decent frames with both of them enabled..

• StSynnerStSynner Member Posts: 123

Sad that the community has to do all this just to get a decent looking game.

Originally posted by StSynner

Sad that the community has to do all this just to get a decent looking game.

true but at least it works.... most MMOs out there don't support true supersampling at all and the ones that do you almost never can get decent framerates with it... I said it before but I hate jagged edges and I hate shimmering when I'm moving.. very few MMOs out there let me pretty much eliminate both of those but with my setup in this game I can do it and can get a pretty constant 60fps as longs as I keep shadows off.

still no SS of these awsome character shadows?

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857

Why is it asking me to pay for WinRar?  I thought WinRar was free?  I did a clean install about 6 weeks ago, and had WinRar running just fine prior.  I have not needed to compress anything until now, so lo and behold, WinRar is asking for money to compress my freeware.

Is there a place to get the Nvidia Inspector freeware program without paying someone to get it?

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

Originally posted by Souldrainer

Why is it asking me to pay for WinRar?  I thought WinRar was free?  I did a clean install about 6 weeks ago, and had WinRar running just fine prior.  I have not needed to compress anything until now, so lo and behold, WinRar is asking for money to compress my freeware.

Is there a place to get the Nvidia Inspector freeware program without paying someone to get it?

download 7-zip its free and can decompress anything no need for winrar

http://downloads.guru3d.com/NVIDIA-Inspector-1.94-download-2612.html

theres another link for inspector

Ty. It works.  Game runs much smoother and looks much better with these settings.  I am running a single slot 560GTX superclocked and 8GB RAM.  Any other tips?

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

Ty. It works.  Game runs much smoother and looks much better with these settings.  I am running a single slot 560GTX superclocked and 8GB RAM.  Any other tips?

which settings you currently using?

High textures, shadows off, bloom on, grass 50%, trees 30%

High textures, shadows off, bloom on, grass 50%, trees 30%

nah I mean in nvidia inspector which AA settings you using from my guide

• DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980

Thx OP, so far I never found the need to OP my actual PC... till our post ;)

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

ok some places the graphics (shadows) are hi res...i took this in front of the republic fleet cargo hold area, yet 10 steps away, the shadows are blocky.....odd.