Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

what was your favorite swg game moment

Comments

• YansheeYanshee Member Posts: 55

My first successful jedi bounty as a pre-cu BH.

My first maxed kimogila as Master Bio Eng, he was untrainable.

After almost a year max leveling my weaponsmith.

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147

Being in Anchorhead as a rebel and seeing a large imperial force with their at-st's out heading our way over the cliff. Many of us had new characters, leveling new characters, and a few top notch players there. The battle begins, people are dying left and right. At-st's exploding all over the place, rebels dying, imps dying. Clone and get back into the action. The battle lasted for hours with help coming in for all sides. It turned into a huge battle that the players helped make.

Damn i miss those days.

Who needs a raid system, players making their own is much more fun. I havent found that much excitement from any raid system or newer game as of yet.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Just walking my Ranger aimlessly in the hills above Eisley in a sandstorm at dusk, it felt like a world. That's what made SWG great, it threw you into a world and let you find your own place in it.
  • apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

When they hit the "Off" toggle on the server 

*edit*   just joking, long day at work in a troll sort of mood.. 

Actual favorite moment:   me and three other buddies from work (at the time I worked for Americas largest retail store and so did my buddies) just completed the Jabba Themepark.  ON the way back to Mos Eisley riding on our swoops we started playing biker tag through one of the player ghost towns.

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• shinkanshinkan Member UncommonPosts: 240

Many good memories from this game.

Observing the Stormtrooper Detachment Epsilon and one of their patrols on tatooine

Landing on Lok first time with its epic music

when i saw first jedi, back when they where rare

getting access to space and tie fighters... sweet

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596

I have three years worth of them. I honestly wouldn't know where to start.

If I had to point to just one, it was one that recurred all the time for me.  As a Ranger, I was often out doing contract hunting for high-quality crafting mats.  SWG's planets were huge, so a lot of times I was just off in the wilderness somewhere exploring and hunting.  I would put down one of my camps now and then and hang out to heal, or just if I wanted some down time. 

I remember I would often have people see the smoke from my camp, and they would roll up and start talking.  I would invite them to sit down, enjoy some food, share some meds if they needed, etc.  Often times, this led to me meeting and making new friends, and we would go off for hours on some random adventure.  Might have been a military base, hunting more mobs, or getting involved in faction battles, hunting dragons, or even just going to a party somewhere.

I really enjoyed just being in the world, and engaging with other people all kinds of different levels.  As a Ranger, a lot of people gravitated to me for various reasons, and I loved it.  I really wouldn't even need a plan.  I could just go somewhere and set up a camp, and someone would usually come along.

As I said though, that's just one little thing.  I enjoyed all of the game from resource harvesting to crafting, exploring, going to social events and cantina, exploring people's decorated homes/shops/cabins, whatever. Combat and hunting with others was a blast.  I only went solo if I really wanted to, which was fairly rare.

I could write a book about it, really.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596
    Originally posted by shinkan

Many good memories from this game.

Observing the Stormtrooper Detachment Epsilon and one of their patrols on tatooine

when i saw first jedi, back when they where rare

getting access to space and tie fighters... sweet

I loved going to Lok just to hear that song play when I landed.  Man, those were good times.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• PoliticaldadPoliticaldad Member UncommonPosts: 134

Many are the favorites, but the two that stand out the most...

*Making my first lvl 70 Sludge Panther with 13K HAM's and KD abitily for a friend.

*sneaking up and One-Shotting Rancors in with my DNA needle.

Nikkoli Walksfar

Corbantis

MBE/MRanger

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Too many to count. I wrote a huge thread about the life of my character in swg a few months back. That pretty much summed it up.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

The day I logged in and saw "the old man"

EDIT:

This has nothing to do with the days that followed. LOL

• ericlatrelleericlatrelle Member UncommonPosts: 176

When I took my first steps out of Mos Espa and ran all the to Anchorhead. I was new to MMO's, so I didn't know how big and vast worlds could be. Plus this was when the game had day/night cycles. The sun was setting and I had no clue where I was going or what I would run into. I had actually discovered Anchorhead by accident lol.

My second favorite moment was when I received my first pet. It was a Slice Hound that I named Ein. I took a lot of screenshots with him doing tricks and such. I wasn't a CH or had any points in it. But it was a time when you could have a pet just to have one. I kept him all the way to the CU, but don't remember what happened to him.

I miss those Pre-CU days. image

• DrolkinDrolkin Member UncommonPosts: 246
    A raid of 20 players running away from one of the first jedi that appeared on Bloodfin. =)
  • ericlatrelleericlatrelle Member UncommonPosts: 176
    Originally posted by shinkan

This too!! The one thing I loved most about this game was the background music. Especially the one you referenced.

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870

My favorite moments where closer to when the game first launched.  Basically before many of the bugs started to show and before player Jedi.  That said, it would be running with a major Imp war party of about 30-40 people , running from Bestine to Anchorhead to kill Rebel Scum.  It was so fun to see several At-St's (before they were nerfed) just totally demolish all of the Rebs in the streets of their major home area of Tatooine.

Least favorite moment was becoming one of the server's first commandos to only find out the devs neglected to spawn the nodes that were needed for crafters to make commando weapons.  Then finally getting my hands on a brand new heavy acid launcher (commando weapon) to have it only do 1 point of damage due to a bug.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• Acebets70Acebets70 Member UncommonPosts: 269

The 1st few months me and a FAT wookie named Puff, would attack Bestine cantina every Friday at midnight thru the back door!!! Run in kill some overt dancers (some were guys<shudder>) and run like all heck back to Anchorhead!!!!

Puff would scream "dont look back" when i looked i saw 100 imperials chasing us with AT's in tow.... :P

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751
    All I can think of is some of the player city pvp we had, that was cool.

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    When I got lost in the desert and wandered around until I found a settlement. Made me feel like I was playing in an actual world rather than a stupid ThemePark where everyplace is carefully marked out.
  • HalthronHalthron Member Posts: 9
    My BE finally perfecting the recipe for a 12k+ non-CH pet. A few people knew how to get the 11ks but I think I'm the only one who ever got the 12s. At least no one in the BE form had seen one.
  • ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Originally posted by Yanshee

My first successful jedi bounty as a pre-cu BH.

This. When I first started doing player bounties I didn't know that the higher paying marks were full temp jedis. I remember finding my mark from 60m out, getting in prone position, firing the shot, missing, and then being dead in five seconds. Took me a long time to figure out the right armour and weapons to use and plenty of practice. I eventuallly got to where I could take on mid level jedi, but never could take on a full temp on my own. I don't miss the marks that would plop down a house or any of their other dirty tricks, but I do miss the hunt. 

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• fat_taddlerfat_taddler Member Posts: 286

The PvP that went on between Anchorhead and Bestine was always a ton of fun.   Sometimes you'd have a full on zerg, other times a couple of snipers (Riflemen) would make things interesting.    

You simply never knew what to expect but there was always something going on. 

• drtack1drtack1 Member UncommonPosts: 273

My faveorite swg game moment was when I did my first bounty hunt! Was so awesome sending off that droid and then following the signals and all! I will never forget finally finding the bounty in town unsuspecting! layed a few traps, got within firing distance and started blasting away, as soon as he turned and started coming at me i began to back up while firing and spaming skills like cripple and what not, then turned around and led him to my first trap around the corner of a building, then the next trap, and finally the last trap! OMG wa the most exciting moment I ever had in a video game period!!!! I absolutely cherish that moment!

BH FTW!!!

• ReallymjReallymj Member UncommonPosts: 44
    I was a Wookie Master Weaponsmith and i will never forget find my first doonium iron deposit. I was one of the first ever to craft the Bowcaster. Also finding Gallinorian Rainbow Gems for crafting T21's with Krayt tissue's was awesome. I remember building guild halls on multiple planets and becoming the Mayor of the city.

~Im not what I am~

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    Crafting a set of 100% composite boots using a set of +42 Krayt scale enhancers (and this was early in the game before all the good resources finally rolled around and they put the stat cap at 90%). They sat as a crafting trophy in my shop, until the CU showed up and ruined every single piece of armor in the game.
  • ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    My favorite moment was Friday night krayt dragon hunts. My guild members would all group up and try to get good pearls for our Jedi.
  • TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

This thread topic comes up every once in awhile and I think it's so cool there are other people still thinking about this game.  I had sooo many favorite moments, but here is another I don't think I mentioned before.

Me and several guildies were running through the Tattooine desert to get somewhere.  I was a creature handler and had my dog, 'Lucky' out.  Lucky had the annoying propensity to suddenly tear off and attack stuff unbidden.  He had all the instincts of a pit bull but the stature of a chihuahua.

Anyway, we were running through the desert and suddenly Lucky tears away from our group and attacks...a Krayt dragon.  One of my buddy stops short and says, "What's your dog doing?"  Various curses pop up in the chat bubbles as we watch in disbelief.

I managed to type, "That's not my dog," as the Krayt descended upon us and all hell broke loose.

I can't remember if we survived or not. I just remember that feeling as I saw him run off, like 'What the hell?', and then 'Oooooh shit.  LUCKY!!!'