Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's up with all the uneccessary space in reply's/quote's?

I always make it a habit to edit my post to get rid of all the unneeded space in comments and quote's, so that it doesn't seem like the readers are not scrolling down through blank content. I am just curious why this happens... Is it because of the layout or something? Does fixing it myself effect and other users, like maybe if they are in a diff screen resolution or something?

Just curious!

~ForumTroll

"People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool."

Comments

• DannyGloverDannyGlover Member Posts: 1,277

Originally posted by ForumTroll

I always make it a habit to edit my post to get rid of all the unneeded space in
    comments and quote's, so that it doesn't seem like the readers are not scrolling down through blank content. I am just curious why this happens... Is it because of the
    layout or something? Does fixing it myself effect and other users, like maybe if they are in a diff screen resolution or something?Just curious!
    ~ForumTroll

I honestly have no idea what you're talking about.

srs.

I sit on a man's back, choking him and making him carry me, and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his lot by all possible means - except by getting off his back.

• ForumTrollForumTroll Member Posts: 140

Originally posted by DannyGlover

Originally posted by ForumTroll

I always make it a habit to edit my post to get rid of all the unneeded space in comments and quote's, so that it doesn't seem like the readers are not scrolling down through blank content. I am just curious why this happens... Is it because of the layout or something? Does fixing it myself effect and other users, like maybe if they are in a diff screen resolution or something?

Just curious!

~ForumTroll

I honestly have no idea what you're talking about.

srs.

^ Fixed

Exactly what i was referring to, but not the explanation i was looking for!

Took me 2 minutes to fix that ARGH!

"People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool."

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Bugs me, too! Will ask and see what I can find out.