Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Secret World Video

MaquiameMaquiame Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

Any mmo worth its salt should be like a good prostitute when it comes to its game world- One hell of a faker, and a damn good shaker!

Comments

• AdamTMAdamTM Member Posts: 1,376

First i was like:

"oh fuck, not another corpserun in ghost form.... D:"

Then he said "there are missions in the spirit state when you die" and I was like:

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D  

Also customizable UI, already a leg up to SWTOR.

PS: I also really like Tornquists refreshing sincerity instead of marketingspeak at the end.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

mission for the spirit because you died!dam from this preview this has lot of potential!

• KaocanKaocan Member UncommonPosts: 1,270

Did I hear him say April 2012 at the end of that video??

(DISCLAIMER - The use of the word YOU in the above post is not directed at any one person in particular, but towards those who fall into the category itself - there is no personal attack here, neither intentional nor implied.)

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

yep

the secret world is coming out april 2012 for pc only!

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

Thanks for sharing that vid - great stuff :) Love what I'm hearing so far :)

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• StSynnerStSynner Member Posts: 123

is it just me... or do the animations just look... wrong?

• Batak_KillerBatak_Killer Member UncommonPosts: 395

Originally posted by StSynner

is it just me... or do the animations just look... wrong?

The animations are the only thing that bugs me about the game. They look way to stiff and the character faces are not very detailed. Comparing this two things with aoc is why i think they will improve it. I mean, aoc had fantastic animations and faces at launch, and looking at tsw now in comparison to the launch of aoc is laughable.

But that is the olny thing im worried about the game and i dont think it will change my opinion of purchasing it at release.

• VincentG85VincentG85 Member Posts: 14

Webpage won't load... :-(

• BarsoomBarsoom Member UncommonPosts: 15

This game looks great. Can't wait to play it.

Played: The Realm, Anarchy-Online, Tabula Rasa, Guild Wars, Age Of Conan, Star Trek Online, Aion, Rift, SWTOR

• DannyGloverDannyGlover Member Posts: 1,277

Im nervous about the crafting. I really hope they stick with this modern day real world theme with with the crafting as well. I'd hate to be running around with a pickaxe getting enough ore to make an assault rifle. That would be very unfortunate imo

I sit on a man's back, choking him and making him carry me, and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his lot by all possible means - except by getting off his back.

• mrw0lfmrw0lf Member Posts: 2,269

Looking forward to giving it a go. But there was quite a bit of stuttering even on their video, everytime the guy used his shotgun the game froze momentarily, I've seen that in a lot of games before and it doesn't always go all that quickly.

Other than that it's looking good, would like to see a bit more on their crafting mechanic as well though.

-----
    “The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species.”

• StSynnerStSynner Member Posts: 123

Originally posted by DannyGlover

Im nervous about the crafting. I really hope they stick with this modern day real world theme with with the crafting as well. I'd hate to be running around with a pickaxe getting enough ore to make an assault rifle. That would be very unfortunate imo

HAHAHA... yeah. I actually had the same thought a few days ago. It will be interesting what they come up with. ...if i have to "craft" a trenchcoat and cowboy hat in modern times... imma lol.

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

They said this sort of thing for death would be in AoC too, it never made an appearance.

• BlindchanceBlindchance Member UncommonPosts: 1,112

I wonder if the game will live up to the hype.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

Terrible caster animations. If you're a wizard and you know it clap your hands!