Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So how far did you reach?

1235»

Comments

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470

Originally posted by Vegetto

Originally posted by Ginaz

40 BH

16 SI

10 IA

10 SW

5 Trooper

5 JK

I've been playing pretty steadily since 16 Dec. and I've actually rushed with my BH by skipping some content and only do 2 flashpoints.  I should be able to get him to 50 by the end of the week and then start to do some of the higher end content while slowly leveling an alt.  I intend to take my time with my next character, probably the SI, and do more group content while doing as much of the quest content as I can.  Skipped a lot of Quesh, Hoth and Tatooine and plan on going through and completing more the second time through.

Just out of curiosity and it has been bugging me since seeing so many players levelling this fast:

How are you getting so much XP by skipping everything? Is it just grinding elite mobs?

I haven't skipped everything.  What I meant by skipping content was I've only done the first two flashpoints and skipped quests on the different planets, some more than others.  I do have a tendency to clear out an area of mobs that my quests are located in, so I guess you could say I did a little grinding but not much IMO.  When I level my alt, I'm going to take my time and do more of the group content and finish as many quests as I can on each planet.  Theres still quite a bit I haven't done yet, which means I'll have lots of new stuff to do on my alt.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

Originally posted by Qazaam

I hear ya - I'm married and have 3 boys (13, 11,7).

With all due respect Tom_gore, you've been very clear about your opinion of this game and you said you didn't pre-order but you still purchased the game anyway and played up to level 11.  Unless you just played beta, which didn't really have all of the elements in place - nor did it have the commitment and attatchment to the character that actual release has.

One of the hardest aspects of the game for me is not telling everybody what's happening in the story since it takes so many crazy turns.   People are leaving vent so they can hear their the npc's - I've never seen that in an MMO before.  

I'm currently level 34 and the story is just starting to get to the good part.  So far, this has been the farthest from a 'grind' that I've ever played.

As I wrote earlier, I got the retail copy for free, so technically I did not purchase the game. But I did play retail. It just did not "click" for me. The main story, although ok, was not enough to keep me interested in something I've practically already experienced too many times.

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

45 Sentinel

15 Trooper

• VegettoVegetto Member Posts: 841

Originally posted by Ginaz

Originally posted by snoop101

Originally posted by dougmysticey

Originally posted by snoop101
    I'm amazed on how people are at top level only couple weeks into the game. MMO's have sure changed a lot over the years. I'm afraid to see star wars in a year or two from now. IMO they will take advantage of this and release many xpacs. Milking it for all it's worth. I also played Beta and hated it. Glad I saved my money.
     Well, people pulled Marathon's over the holiday. I can promise now that work is ramping back up my progression will slow greatly. For me, getting to 40 seemed to be a huge time investment but then again, I listened to every NPC I talked, did a  fair amount of PVP, Spent time on Crafting and did the Flashpoints usually more than once.

I wonder how much of the game time is spent watching those stupid videos? Still though even with 12-14 hours a day which is normal for some people, they should not be at top level. Have they not learned by the new wow that making leveling easy is not a good thing. Like I said in my last post, they knew the game was like this and did it on purpose to milk the money from xpacs.

12-14 hours a day is NOT normal.  I consider myself someone who spends more time than the average person playing MMOs and not even on my longest play session would I come close to 12-14 hours.  I could care less if all the poop sockers and cat-assers run out of things to do.  Thats their fault.  Players like that are bad for MMOs in general and we're better off without them.  As I said before, I've been playing pretty steadily for a few weeks now and my highest level character is only 40, and thats even with skipping a good chunck of content.

I personally pay for them with my taxes, it makes me so happy, i'm sat here at work and some prick is levelling up his second level 50 in his underwear lol

• IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051

Sage - 30

Commando - 20

Operative - 18

Juggernaut - 18

Marauder -13

Some other classes - Under 10

I switch to differant characters depending on what friends are available to play with. Sage is my main solo dude. I also found myself returning to Skyrim and pretty much clearing all of its quests in the last week.

• SideTraKdSideTraKd Member Posts: 100

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

I am an altoholic so what i got was :

-Sage 31

-Scoundrel 22

-Mercenary 28

-Sith Warrior 24

-Sith Assasin 21

-Vanguard 18

I am still having a lot of fun, tough playing characters on the same planet for the 3rd time gets a little dull, and it got me spacebarring through the text a few times.

But then Vacation is almost over (advantage of being a teacher is that we have schoolvacations overhere in europe the winter vacation almost lasts 3 weeks for me) and that when i start concentrating on a single character, still havent made a choice tough.

If you like the story concept then you should pick one of your best toons and finish him out.  I really enjoyed finishing my class quest on my main, and I'm an altoholic too.  I have one AC alt (mid level) of every Republic class, and planning my conquest of the Empire on a new server...  Good times!

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372

Juggernaut 32

Assassin 16

Mercenary 15

Powertech 14

Guardian 17

So many more to go!

• DannyGloverDannyGlover Member Posts: 1,277

30 Assassin Tank - Just got Death Gri... er... Force Pull hehe
    17 Operative Medic - Straight up pvp and class quests only.

I sit on a man's back, choking him and making him carry me, and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his lot by all possible means - except by getting off his back.

• GuileplayerGuileplayer Member Posts: 418

50 sage.

Currently Playing: SSFIV AE, SFxTekken, SWTOR, WoW. Waiting for: GW2, Resident Evil 6.

• UsualSuspectUsualSuspect Member UncommonPosts: 1,243

The furthest I reached was either 24 or 26.. can't remember which it was now. I played a Smuggler originally to about 21 then just got fed up with the way the story was going, the whole treasure hunting thing wasn't something I imagined my Smuggler doing and the more I tried to enjoy it the less I actually did. Why didn't they create the Smuggler's story with some.. oh, I don't know.. Smuggling!?

Next was a Jedi Sage which also got to around 21, but that just became more and more frustrating to play, and also rather pointless I found. I'll explain. It was frustrating because it was so soft, it couldn't take damage at all, so I had to get my companion to do a lot of the work. Don't get me wrong, against standard mobs plus one strong I'd do fine, it was in harder spots that it became frustrating. Then in Flashpoints and Group 4s I found all I could do was heal as people took damage so quickly I had little chance to do anything else.

It was around level 18-20 that I wondered why exactly I was playing a healer in what amounts to a single player game. Only a small amount of time was actually spent doing group quests, the rest was spent doing solo quests which even a Sage could handle fine. Why not just make a damage dealer? I spent maybe an hour every 12 with groups, it seemed a pointless profession to take with the way the game is designed.

So I made a Jedi Guardian which is the one that got to 24 or 26 and that was fine, but became rather boring to play as it was a case of spamming the same 4 or 5 attacks every battle. Not a lot of options with the Guardian. The story was alright but not enough for me to care either way about seeing the end of it.

I switched to Empire side and tried an Imperial Agent, but by this point I really found the game tedious. Want to see what I mean? Next time you play for an extended amount of time, count how many of the quests you do involve going somewhere to click some glowing object. Seriously. This is the most overused type of quest in the game, and in typical Bioware fashion they generally come in 3s or 4s. Click these 3 glowing objects. Click these 4 glowing objects. There might be reason in the quest to do so, but when it comes down to gameplay, finding a couple of objects to click is about as dull as it gets.

And so I've just now deleted my final character and uninstalled the game. I've had enough of this sad excuse for an MMO. I'm just sorry I actually went and paid money for it.