Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TAB targeting system in EQ2 is the worst of all mmorpg´s

GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463

It targets everything but the enemies your fighting. Its confusing, unlogical and makes no sense at all.

What gives if you fight and target stuff that lays on the ground around like relics, roots, harvesting nodes, locations etc etc etc ?

EQ2 has no targeting that ONLY targets enemies !!! thats a 100% fact and unbelievable !! There is no filter, no option, no addon nothing that would fix the lousy targeting in EQ2.

Tanks have a hard time clicking on the single enemies on the screen that stack up into one. Tanks pull add´s by mistake because this lousy target system targets things, mobs and stuff outside the current screen.

SOE doesnt fix it since 2005, its even worse meanwhile.

999 new expansions and stuff but no fix to the most lame Targeting system on this planet sucks

Comments

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181

I've no idea what you're talking about. Check your settings as I don't have this problem at all.

***EDIT***

Read this post: http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=357656#top

That's because Tab targets the "Next enemy" rather than the "Closest Enemy".  To target the enemy closest to you, you need to press the "F8" key.  You can reconfigure the controls in the options menu.  Switch the two around to:

Next target = F8

Closest target = Tab

That'll hopefully fix it.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

As Darwa said, it is easily fixed even though the preset key can be confusing.

Besides that EQ2s tab targetting isn't worse than any other games.

I personally wish it had AoCs system where you don't have to target anything in melee, just aim and hit but I guess the collision detection uses too much resources.

• ruejacobsruejacobs Member UncommonPosts: 41

Originally posted by darwa

I've no idea what you're talking about. Check your settings as I don't have this problem at all.

***EDIT***

Read this post: http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=357656#top

That's because Tab targets the "Next enemy" rather than the "Closest Enemy".  To target the enemy closest to you, you need to press the "F8" key.  You can reconfigure the controls in the options menu.  Switch the two around to:

Next target = F8

Closest target = Tab

That'll hopefully fix it.

Handy to know! Thank you so much for this tip, Darwa. There's nothing worse than seeing a red walking towards you and hitting tab to target it before it bonks you on the head; only to find you have targeted a gathering node, instead.

It's at those times that I find myself muttering, "Oh yes, Great Tab Key. That is exactly what I wanted to target. Uncovered stone instead of the Thexian. How very helpful you have been in selecting my target for me.".