Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why do you think SW:TOR will succeed?

CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641

To counterbalance the negative critique thread this one is for us "fanboys" to the game to outline why we think that SW:TOR will do what no other MMO has be able to do in the last 7 years and give some much needed competition to Blizzard and WoW. I'd like you to put up you reasoning, without resorting to one liners like "its Bioware & Star Wars" or "the games just fantastic, period" as to why this game will succeed when others have failed so miserably.

Guys the is a positive critique thread and please don't start arguments in here if you do not agree with what posters are saying as there is a thread for negative critique, I'm just trying to gather info on both sides without resorting to tit for tat arguments and I hope the mods can help me out here so thanks in advance to the mods.

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

Comments

• LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371

The fact it s a great game, and the negative stuff you re hearing is a small few just spouting off anything slightly negative they can find. It s a solid game that will just grow and grow.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    To balance the other thread can I accuse this of being fanboy bait?
  • CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641

Originally posted by Leucent

The fact it s a great game, and the negative stuff you re hearing is a small few just spouting off anything slightly negative they can find. It s a solid game that will just grow and grow.

The point of the thread is to expand on why you think its a great game so please tell me and us why.

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

It is Star Wars, and the competition is bland imo....So I think it will sit at the #2 North America slot for MMOs probably.

As for what they are going to do to retain the non-star wars fan....I don't know, its too early.  They should have decent money to do it though, so that will help.

• tort0429tort0429 Member UncommonPosts: 297

Originally posted by Calerxes

Originally posted by Leucent

The point of the thread is to expand on why you think its a great game so pease tell me and us why.

1.  Integration of companions and how you interact with them.

2.  Story line - awesome, makes me feel the quests have a better purpose then the usual, kill 10 of this, kill 10 of that quests.

3.  Planets - Gives you a feeling of not being restricted to a single area, island, place on a map.  Fits the Star Wars universe.

4.  And the most obvious reason - It is Star Wars!!!!

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    It will succeed because its a good game, if GW2 wasnt around the corner i am sure they would have made WoW numbers. now they will probably have to share those players with GW2. Tough there is a chance that many people will decide to play avsubbed game next to GW2.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)