Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

darfall 2.0 question?

b2i12b2i12 Member Posts: 75

Hey I was wondering if i create a darkfall account and start playing now will they transfer my character/bank over to darkfall or will I have to start over?

Comments

• drakes821drakes821 Member UncommonPosts: 535

No word yet on character wipes or transfers.

• FullLootPvpFullLootPvp Member UncommonPosts: 52

sadly true, thats one of the reasons why the game is dying now... who wants to start or play now, just to see his time invested in his character has been wasted... even if DF2 is probably more than a year away... when you see what they got now.... i'd say almost nothing except words, concept art and a basic engine... and if you see what value have their words... well... better dont start or you will just end like me or the others on the official DF forums, beeing a desparate hater of AV....

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

My prediction that they will perform some sort of wipe or start a new server.

Reasoning behind this prediction is that if they did not intend to wipe anything, they would have announced it already.

Obviously they cannot announce a wipe so far in advance, because it would effectively kill any interest for anyone to play (and pay) for the game before the wipe.

• DemandmanDemandman Member Posts: 57

Doubt they'll give long-timers too much of an advantage, as it will discourage new players from staying.

Honestly though I started playing only about a month ago, knowing that their is a large likely hood that their will be a wipe.

The thing is their just isn't any other game as good as darkfall, and it's not like 2.0 will come out anytime soon, it won't be out for months. Plus I'm sure if they do wipe they will at least have something for vets.

If your interested in the game check it out. If you find you like it just play it and have fun for a year or two until 2.0 comes out.

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

DF 2.0 is nothing but a mistery wrapped in a riddle inside an enigma, and the ONLY reason for this is because the devs dont want to publicly admit there will a wipe and most likey loose all current subbs. after all what is the point of playing the current DF if everything is getting wiped eventually?

so it will stay as it is probably until it comes out and, behold, there is a wilpe :D....

Originally posted by Jakdstripper

after all what is the point of playing the current DF if everything is getting wiped eventually?

Well the thing is it's still a fun game...just because my character has a chance of disappearing in a year or so doesn't mean I can't have fun for that year.

• youngkgyoungkg Member UncommonPosts: 357

The writings on the wall....

After mentioning a wipe theyve watched there subs get lower and lower and never made an attempt to stop the bleeding by saying they wernt wiping....because they cant.

Originally posted by Jakdstripper

DF 2.0 is nothing but a mistery wrapped in a riddle inside an enigma, and the ONLY reason for this is because the devs dont want to publicly admit there will a wipe and most likey loose all current subbs. after all what is the point of playing the current DF if everything is getting wiped eventually?

so it will stay as it is probably until it comes out and, behold, there is a wilpe :D....

Sadly they could care less about the small amount of subs they currently have,There banking on the people that will return or join for the first time for DF2.0....

That would be cool if they wernt charging people that are still subd....but since there still charging the game is a ghost town.

F2P would be an epic way 2 end DF1.0....but AV doesnt give a shit about whats best for the players.

• TROLL_HARDTROLL_HARD Member Posts: 312

I was having a lot of fun playing DF till all this "wipe" rumor stuff. I had been leveling crafting skills along with other stuff. I would go out to get materials for enchantment leveling and in the process of farming mobs I would level magic and weapon skills with pvp thrown in.

I love building my character (let's set the grind/no-grind issue aside for now) and the possibility that what I do with the player may me lost in DF2, it just killed my incentive to play. I love the game itself and some people say that's enough reason to play, but for me, building your character's power makes it more fun.

So to OP, AV say they are under an NDA and they can't say anything other than the vague stuff they have said on their "epic" blog.

I will be waiting for news just like you.

Originally posted by youngkg

After mentioning a wipe theyve watched there subs get lower and lower and never made an attempt to stop the bleeding by saying they wernt wiping....because they cant.

Exactly. This is not rocket science. It's common sense.

Originally posted by TROLL_HARD

I was having a lot of fun playing DF till all this "wipe" rumor stuff. I had been leveling crafting skills along with other stuff. I would go out to get materials for enchantment leveling and in the process of farming mobs I would level magic and weapon skills with pvp thrown in.

I love building my character (let's set the grind/no-grind issue aside for now) and the possibility that what I do with the player may me lost in DF2, it just killed my incentive to play. I love the game itself and some people say that's enough reason to play, but for me, building your character's power makes it more fun.

So to OP, AV say they are under an NDA and they can't say anything other than the vague stuff they have said on their "epic" blog.

I will be waiting for news just like you.

Feel the same way...the wipe factor really kicks in for me when i logd in and spent a few hours...the only way i could enjoy darkfall knowing the fact is if it had alot more people playing...alot more.

The game feels dead atm to me and im sure that compounds the wipe factor in my mind...i couldnt resub...they let me get my char back for a trial week but i only played 2 days of it b4 not being able to stomach it anymore.

Just make it F2P in its last remaining months...tons of people will comeback, more will try for the first time and probably enjoy the mayhem...and finally it would be the best springboard to launch into DF2.0, i could see alot of more people giving df2.0 a shot if they were playing df1.0 right b4 the launch of 2.0...i dunno it just makes so much sense to me compared to the alternative which is to keep charging your few remaining 300ish subs till you bleed it down to 150ish...nice foundation for 2.0 lol....

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Originally posted by tom_gore

Actually they can, and many companies have, said one thing and then later do something else. But I guess AV's reputation is already bad and they dont want to make it even worse.

In any case I think they announced DF 2.0 too early.

Originally posted by Yamota

Actually they can, and many companies have, said one thing and then later do something else. But I guess AV's reputation is already bad and they dont want to make it even worse.

Then why on earth are they NOT declaring that there WILL BE NO WIPE to save the subs from bleeding?

The only fathomable reason is that

a) there will be a wipe and

b) they don't want to blatantly lie to their customers.

While your absolutely right about that, in this case AV can do 1 of 2 things...

1. announce no wipes : more profitable short term but if in the end if they do choose 2 wipe they would have to deal with an overwhelming backlash from the community on the eve of df2.0 which would be just bad buisness going forward into this "new game"

2.do nothing : let the remaining pop hang in limbo and hope that a good portion of the tiny community comes back for 2.0 and focus on replicating the Darkfall launch that brought in huge waves of box sales and sub numbers.

EDIT: yeah and btw a "new game" with all players on the same page progression wise is much much more alluring to players both old and new,dont forget about forumfall.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Then why on earth are they NOT declaring that there WILL BE NO WIPE to save the subs from bleeding?

The only fathomable reason is that

a) there will be a wipe and

b) they don't want to blatantly lie to their customers.

Well you answered your own question so nothing to add for me. I am just saying that they can, and many companies have, lied to their customers.

Well you answered your own question so nothing to add for me. I am just saying that they can, and many companies have, lied to their customers.

And Aventurine has done that numerous times.

Which is quite mind-boggling, because their best short-term solution at this point would be to say that there will not be a wipe - even if it meant lying to your customers.

Which would mean that Aventurine is trying to grow a backbone. I'm speechless, really.

• Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177

I don't understand why people care so much whether or not there will be a wipe unless they like to hoarde treasure . .. I think its tons funner to use your near best stuff at all times and to play the game like there is no tomorrow. Its risk vs reward and a much funner game the more that you don't want to die as you will get more of an adrenaline rush (especially when you win because you win more). I think that hoarding is stupid. The same thing goes for a new character and to be honest I think that I would be playing more if I were to reroll before the wipe because my current character doesn't have as much to work for anymore. To be blunt, I woudn't wait for 2.0 to start playing and only would wait for 2.0 if I was a very bad player without twich skills so that I would have a chance to be ahead of people so that I would win sometimes. To be honest I think that the truth is that people would enjoy this game a hell of a lot more if there were more people who were skilled enough at gaming to handle a FPS twich game where you use every key on the keyboard. Instead most people would rather wait for classes or something so that its not as difficult to compete. Of course most people wouldn't even try this game to begin with though even if they like MMORPGs.

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA

• orsonstfuorsonstfu Member Posts: 203

Darkfall 2.0 is the last ditch effort of darkfall to stay alive. I hope they restart it like a brand new MMO and realize that its not about roleplayers, griefers, pvpers, thieves, PvE'ers, crafters.... in any single way but to do all of them well that will make their game float.

You need ALL types of players to run a successful sandbox PvE/PvP/Crafting/RPG MMO. You have to have all of them.

• FullLootPvpFullLootPvp Member UncommonPosts: 52

Originally posted by Sid_Vicious

I don't understand why people care so much whether or not there will be a wipe unless they like to hoarde treasure . .. I think its tons funner to use your near best stuff at all times and to play the game like there is no tomorrow....

well, it's fine if you dont care about the wipe, but it's also in the human nature to hunt and collect stuff, so there quite some people who do that.... and these people dont like to see all their stuff like house etc. get wiped... also many people enjoy the part of character development, they put a lot of work into it, and probably dont like to do that again...

I was once one of the biggest DF fanboys but lost faith, since AV just keep fucking its community... and thats the reason they lost around 50% of EU population in the last 6 month and it wasnt good even 6 month ago there, but you were still able to play and have fun at least... now it's nearly unplayable on EU due to the server delay issue and they just dont care and are fucking the community again and again, every friday....