Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This is how awesome swtor is.2 classes cant progress the main quest

Comments

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

Originally posted by Puremallace

Originally posted by Zefire

I bet u know about the bounty hunter male  class that can't progress through the game because of a bug.

Now with my female smuggler/scoundrel class i cant progress as well due to 2 bosses that they are healing like bitches.

I m 2 lvls above the quest and it's impossible to complete it.

I think they have released a beta game.This is translated fooling with customers and they pay me to fool them.

I had enough even if i like star wars i cant take it 

{mod edit}

^ be prepared OP be preapared. I am full agreement btw and how this has not been hotfixed is just beyond me

What quests is he talking about specifically?  It doesn't appear you would know Puremallace seeing as how you aren't playing the game. lol

• PuremallacePuremallace Member Posts: 1,856

Originally posted by maskedweasel

What quests is he talking about specifically?  It doesn't appear you would know Puremallace seeing as how you aren't playing the game. lol

If I can find it I will link it. Someone else was raging about something similar to what the OP is flipping out about. The pointed out two quest for classes were bugged or some crap.

{mod edit}

If I can find it I will link it. Someone else was raging abot something similar to what the OP is flipping out about. The pointed out two quest for classes were bugged or some crap.

I can already tell you, the Smuggler class quests aren't bugged or else I wouldn't be where I am on my scoundrel today.

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

If I can find it I will link it. Someone else was raging about something similar to what the OP is flipping out about. The pointed out two quest for classes were bugged or some crap.

{mod edit}

Well why not be specific if he has come here for help? I play a BH and have come across two quests one was bugged and the other may have been just a glitch. The one that was glitched I solved myself and the bugged one I solved thanks to people on the forums helping eachother.

We can't help otherwise.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• LidaneLidane Member CommonPosts: 2,300

Originally posted by Pouf

So the game is bugged because it is too hard?

Heh. And here I thought it was supposed to be too easy.

Who knew that challenging content meant the game was bugged?

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154

If I can find it I will link it. Someone else was raging abot something similar to what the OP is flipping out about. The pointed out two quest for classes were bugged or some crap.

I can already tell you, the Smuggler class quests aren't bugged or else I wouldn't be where I am on my scoundrel today.

I am baffled this site allows posters like Puremallace.  There are people that post negative things about the game, but do so from experience and in a constructive manner.  People like Creslin, for instance.  Puremallace does neither.  His posting is 'this guy said this so swtor sucks'

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Given the lack of detail in the op, and the lack of thousands of corroborative threads including similar tales of woe, and a plethora of capped BH's--a PEBCAK error seems the easiest and most logical explanation.

Judgement withheld pending further detail.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• Cthulhu23Cthulhu23 Member Posts: 994

Originally posted by elocke

Can I haz your stuff?  Seriously, just don't play the game if it bothers you that much.  Me?  I'm sitll only level 38 on my male BH and if I get to that point and it's bugged, guess what?  I won't gripe here about it.  I'll put in a bug report and play one of my many alts and enjoy their story knowing full well Bioware is going to fix that bug fairly soon.  

This is far too reasonable a post, particularly when the option to rage quit the game and complain about it on the forums exists.  ;)

Originally posted by Icewhite

Given the lack of detail in the op, and the lack of thousands of corroborative threads including similar tales of woe, and a plethora of capped BH's--a PEBCAK error seems the easiest and most logical conclusion.

There actually is a glitch with the BH quest, but it doesnt make the encounter unbeatable.  Not sure if the patch fixed it or not.  Its not remotely gamebreaking.  The other one seems to be a player skill issue, or something really tsrange happening to him and only him.

Originally posted by teakbois

Given the lack of detail in the op, and the lack of thousands of corroborative threads including similar tales of woe, and a plethora of capped BH's--a PEBCAK error seems the easiest and most logical conclusion.

There actually is a glitch with the BH quest, but it doesnt make the encounter unbeatable.  Not sure if the patch fixed it or not.  Its not remotely gamebreaking.  The other one seems to be a player skill issue, or something really tsrange happening to him and only him.

As stated, the problem is, we just don't know what the quest is.  I went up against some pretty tough opponents in my class quests,  some of them took me an hour to find out how to beat them after multiple deaths, but I did it all, solo,  and it took some strategy.  

He could be talking about a number of boss fights,  and I could go into naming the ones I had a problem with,  but I'm not going to spoil anything unnecessarily... if he honestly has trouble with the quests or thinks they're "bugged", he'll be specific about them,  but the OP doesnt' want help,  the OP wants to complain.

• PuremallacePuremallace Member Posts: 1,856

I am baffled this site allows posters like Puremallace.  There are people that post negative things about the game, but do so from experience and in a constructive manner.  People like Creslin, for instance.  Puremallace does neither.  His posting is 'this guy said this so swtor sucks'

Now that takes balls. You of all people calling me out for criticizing a game when you lived on the Rift forums for the past 8 months. GG.

@OP be more specific or people rage and autimatically think you are out to kill the game

• bdewbdew Member UncommonPosts: 192

Given the lack of detail in the op, and the lack of thousands of corroborative threads including similar tales of woe, and a plethora of capped BH's--a PEBCAK error seems the easiest and most logical explanation.

The problem with BHs actually exists. It happens under some specific conditions (one of them bing dark side, the other is picking a DS option in some specific dialog), when it happens you finish one class quest... and don't get the next one, thus unable to progress and finish your storyline. BW is aware of the problem and is working on a fix.

I have no clue WTF is the OP is talking about Smuglers however.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Not sure if you noticed, but that is the typical TOR fan response whenever someone finds a issue:
    Bug reporter: Hey I found a bugged node
    TOR fan: wtf zomg WoW had like so many bugs in 2005
    Bug reporter: huh what just reporting a node
    TOR fan: zomg did you ever play Vanguard it had bugs too zomg

Except that isn't how it happened or I guess you have not seen any bug report ever.

This isn't bug reporting:

"This is how awesome swtor is.2 classes cant progress the main quest."
    "This is translated fooling with customers and they pay me to fool them."
    "I had enough even if i like star wars i cant take it"

No specification on what the issue is supposed to be, no further appearance in thread.

It is just a standard, ordinary troll/hating related thread.

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195

Originally posted by Loktofeit

I bet u know about the bounty hunter male  class that can't progress through the game because of a bug.

Now with my female smuggler/scoundrel class i cant progress as well due to 2 bosses that they are healing like bitches.

I think they have released a beta game.This is translated fooling with customers and they pay me to fool them.

I find elites to be the some of the laziest 'content' ever added to MMOs, however you should be able to grab another player or two to help you out damage the healing. Ask around and see if you can get help.

Agree with the elites being lazy content. To the OP. If it is a bug it will be fixed. You can't be surprised that any game has a bug. It just happens. If its an issue of difficulty then the answer is planning and/or grouping. Then CC who you can and kill the healers first or outdamage and stun lock as much as possible. There were some hard Heroics..imo on Tatooine. My grp died a few times..then we got into a groove and it went like clockwork. Don't quit a game because one part is too hard. That's ridiculous. So is quitting because you encounter some bugs now and then. MMO's by nature of constant change and updates are always going to have bugs popping up.. If you just don't like playing TOR then by all means...quit.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Originally posted by bdew

The problem with BHs actually exists. It happens under some specific conditions (one of them bing dark side, the other is picking a DS option in some specific dialog), when it happens you finish one class quest... and don't get the next one, thus unable to progress and finish your storyline. BW is aware of the problem and is working on a fix.

There we go, some actual detail.  Got the name of the quest?  Can it be fixed by in-game support, or no?

Sounds like a rather frustrating, but trivial, fix.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• HengistHengist Member RarePosts: 1,282

I'd have to agree with this.

I hit 50 on my Bounty Hunter yesterday and completed my class quest. I'm the 2nd BH in my guild to do it, and the 3rd that I personally know. There was a very challenging fight, and it may be bugged, not sure if it was bugged or just hard, but all three of us completed it.

I feel I can fairly confidnetly say that there isnt a BH Class Quest that isnt completeable if you either play intelligently or give in, and get some help. Instead of saying 2 classes cant do it, the truth would really be closer to "two ways to advance the class quest, but I chose neither."

Good thread!

• Cthulhu23Cthulhu23 Member Posts: 994

Originally posted by Gdemami

Not sure if you noticed, but that is the typical TOR fan response whenever someone finds a issue:

Bug reporter: Hey I found a bugged node

TOR fan: wtf zomg WoW had like so many bugs in 2005

Bug reporter: huh what just reporting a node

TOR fan: zomg did you ever play Vanguard it had bugs too zomg

Except that isn't how it happened or I guess you have not seen any bug report ever.

This isn't bug reporting:

"This is how awesome swtor is.2 classes cant progress the main quest."

"This is translated fooling with customers and they pay me to fool them."

"I had enough even if i like star wars i cant take it"

No specification on what the issue is supposed to be, no further appearance in thread.

It is just a standard, ordinary troll/hating related thread.

Not to mention, people have reported continuing their quest lines in both of those classes without any issues.  It always amazes me how people who don't actually play the game just spend their day cruising the swtor.com and mmorpg.com forums looking for complaints from players as some way to justify their hate of TOR instead of playing the game that THEY like.  

Games like Rift and WoW wouldn't be bleeding subs if the people that were loyal to that game spent more time making those games fun for others instead of trashing a game they aren't even playing.  

• HengistHengist Member RarePosts: 1,282

I have no clue WTF is the OP is talking about Smuglers however.

Which quest?

These was one Secret something or other on DK where a choice essentially stopped progress, but you could abandon the quest, and restart it and every other choice worked. That however was supposed to have been fixed (I picked a different option in live so I'm not sure.)

There we go, some actual detail.  Got the name of the quest?  Can it be fixed by in-game support, or no?

Copypasta from the big thread on swtor.com:

This bug only occurs if you chose the dark side or neutral responses in the end of the Number One With a Bullet quest, and kill the Chancellor. Basically, choosing this ends your class quest once you go back to Darth Tormen. This choice means the quest "First Strike" will NOT trigger and will not be added to your log. First Strike is the Ilum quest.

If you choose to spare the chancellor, Number One With a Bullet ends there and you receive a follow-on quest called "Some People Just Need Killing". Upon completion of this quest, where you kill Darth Tormen, First Strike triggers properly and you can progress to Ilum normally.

In-game support are closing tickets with a canned "known issue" response afaik.

• NightCloakNightCloak Member UncommonPosts: 452

By the reading of the OP it looks to be a hate/troll/rant thread.

And by all means, with such lack of detail given the information that is provided leads me to believe user error as well.

With the evidence that the glitch is not unbeatable or game breaking and many have gotten past the content provides more foundation that the OP lacks the skill or creativity to overcome some of the more challenging parts of the game.

Now that takes balls. You of all people calling me out for criticizing a game when you lived on the Rift forums for the past 8 months. GG.

@OP be more specific or people rage and autimatically think you are out to kill the game

Ive also played Rift (as recently as last month) and was at least sometimes constructive and always honest.  And go count my number of posts there in 9 months vs your total swtor posts in one week

• OkhamsRazorOkhamsRazor Member Posts: 1,047

So essentially because the game has some challenge rather than doing what any normal player would do and rise to it or go and level up a little more so you can complete it . You come onto the forums and have a hissey fit and stamp your feet a bit like some spoiled little child .

Its probably its not too hard its just that you've come from WoW and your not used to a game that takes a degree of skill and challenge to play . Its most likly down to the fact your not as good a gamer as Blizzard led you to believe .

Go and sit in the quiet corner for 20 mins and cool down :) .

• KaocanKaocan Member UncommonPosts: 1,270

Umm what the hell is the OP talking about? I have a BH that never had a single issue all the way up to level 20 so far. Is this issue after level 20? I know i didnt skip any of the class quests, seriously...what?!?! What Bug?

(DISCLAIMER - The use of the word YOU in the above post is not directed at any one person in particular, but towards those who fall into the category itself - there is no personal attack here, neither intentional nor implied.)

This bug only occurs if you chose the dark side or neutral responses in the end of the Number One With a Bullet quest, and kill the Chancellor. Basically, choosing this ends your class quest once you go back to Darth Tormen. This choice means the quest "First Strike" will NOT trigger and will not be added to your log. First Strike is the Ilum quest.

If you choose to spare the chancellor, Number One With a Bullet ends there and you receive a follow-on quest called "Some People Just Need Killing". Upon completion of this quest, where you kill Darth Tormen, First Strike triggers properly and you can progress to Ilum normally.

In-game support are closing tickets with a canned "known issue" response afaik.

Supposedly fixed in 1.0.2 which is on the PTR now...

Missions and NPCs

Missions

Imperial

• Number One with a Bullet: Players who choose dark side options now correctly receive the mission First Strike after completing this mission.

• First Strike: Players who did not receive this mission will now receive it upon entering their personal starships.