Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This is how awesome swtor is.2 classes cant progress the main quest

ZefireZefire Member Posts: 676

I bet u know about the bounty hunter male  class that can't progress through the game because of a bug.

Now with my female smuggler/scoundrel class i cant progress as well due to 2 bosses that they are healing like bitches.

I m 2 lvls above the quest and it's impossible to complete it.

I think they have released a beta game.This is translated fooling with customers and they pay me to fool them.

I had enough even if i like star wars i cant take it 

Comments

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

what does the quest say :elite 2+ then you need 2 or more people to complete(not including your companion

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Can I haz your stuff?  Seriously, just don't play the game if it bothers you that much.  Me?  I'm sitll only level 38 on my male BH and if I get to that point and it's bugged, guess what?  I won't gripe here about it.  I'll put in a bug report and play one of my many alts and enjoy their story knowing full well Bioware is going to fix that bug fairly soon.  

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

i agree elocke,it took blizzard years to patch all the bugs in vanilla wow after lunch!

• TettersTetters Member Posts: 221

Originally posted by Zefire

I bet u know about the bounty hunter male  class that can't progress through the game because of a bug.

Now with my female smuggler/scoundrel class i cant progress as well due to 2 bosses that they are healing like bitches.

I think they have released a beta game.This is translated fooling with customers and they pay me to fool them.

Still hating the game eh? It seems that you really have an axe to grind with with game as you post nothing but complaints about it. 

Try playing something else, gaming is supposed to be fun, don't waste your time if you are not having fun, that's just masochistic.

• RedempRedemp Member UncommonPosts: 1,136

Originally posted by elocke

Can I haz your stuff?  Seriously, just don't play the game if it bothers you that much.  Me?  I'm sitll only level 38 on my male BH and if I get to that point and it's bugged, guess what?  I won't gripe here about it.  I'll put in a bug report and play one of my many alts and enjoy their story knowing full well Bioware is going to fix that bug fairly soon.  

There is nothing more enjoyable than seeing those who had critques with the game pre-launch , playing with some regulatarity post-launch. Good to see you playing Elocke, I wonder if Creslin picked up the game for a bit?

• PoufPouf Member Posts: 341

So the game is bugged because it is too hard?

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

I find elites to be the some of the laziest 'content' ever added to MMOs, however you should be able to grab another player or two to help you out damage the healing. Ask around and see if you can get help.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• SideTraKdSideTraKd Member Posts: 100

Well I guess I had better go tell the Smugglers in my guild that they can never advance because it's too hard, then...

o.0

I think they're going to be surprised... Especially the ones that have already finished their class story lines.

• MaxisDBMaxisDB Member UncommonPosts: 78

Just had a friend playing a Bounty Hunter finish his class story last night.. no bugs at all.. I've noticed that when it comes to issues with anything dealing with technology people always blame the hardware/software.. when usually it's just a user error. :-)

• AnubisanAnubisan Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

The amount of whining on this forum about SWTOR is really getting pathetic. If you don't like the game, don't play it. But give up this hopelessly tragic mission to destroy it. You can't. The fact is, the vast majority who have played it are enjoying it. Quite a lot in fact. I'm sorry if that gets your panties in a bunch... even if I don't understand why.

Oh and BTW... I play a BH. No problems at all.

• tort0429tort0429 Member UncommonPosts: 297

Originally posted by Anubisan

The amount of whining on this forum about SWTOR is really getting pathetic. If you don't like the game, don't play it. But give up this hopelessly tragic mission to destroy it. You can't. The fact is, the vast majority who have played it are enjoying it. Quite a lot in fact. I'm sorry if that gets your panties in a bunch... even if I don't understand why.

I often find then when I enjoy a game and play for a few hours, my panties wind up in a bunch.   Is that bad?

• AnubisanAnubisan Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

Originally posted by tort0429

Originally posted by Anubisan

I often find then when I enjoy a game and play for a few hours, my panties wind up in a bunch.   Is that bad?

Nahh that's normal... you just gotta stand up occasionally and adjust your junk. I know its hard to pull yourself away from the game, but pant comfort is worth it.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

What "quests" are you talking about specifically,  as I've been through all of the smuggler quests and every single one of them I was able to complete - by myself - even if they were tough... likely, you're doing it wrong.  If you need help, ask for it in chat.

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

With the BH is it the quest where you board the ship and face the Jarro jedi and his padawan? If so then his padawan is bugged and will heal him despite being dead so you either CC the padawan for the duration of the fight or kill her and drag Jarro to the other end of the command deck and finish him there.

If not try grouping up with someone to finish the quest, I'm not being funny but have you attempted the quests grouped up with other players yet?

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• FaelanFaelan Member UncommonPosts: 819

Originally posted by MaxisDB

Just had a friend playing a Bounty Hunter finish his class story last night.. no bugs at all.. I've noticed that when it comes to issues with anything dealing with technology people always blame the hardware/software.. when usually it's just a user error. :-)

I consider that an unfortunate side effect of most things these days being dumbed down to the lowest common denominator, combined with most things often being released in an way more buggy state than they really should. All too often do I find myself thinking "is this thing bugged?" when a game suddenly decides to challenge me with something that seems overly hard or even impossible. I love being challenged and silently cheer when it turns out that a game is actually trying to challenge me, but the fact that my first thought is about something being bugged rather than something being a challenge just shows what I've unfortunately come to expect of games these days.

In short, I can understand why people are quick to jump to such conclusions theses days. However, rushing to a forum, whining about it, then using it as an argument as to how much the game sucks, is the wrong way to go about it IMHO. It just makes you look like an immature hater.

I'm a big ol' fluffy carewolf. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

• kartanakartana Member UncommonPosts: 148

I'm playing a female Bounty Hunter. Does this only happen to males?

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803

The games story quests have checkpoints where you face off against significantly more difficult mobs than normal to test your abilty to play the class as a whole rather than just spam buttons.  They are not bugs they are a test which you seem to have failed at.

You could get a friend or two to help you though the quest or look at more than 1-4 on your action bar and figure out what tools Bioware has given you to beat the encounter but they can be won solo at level.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

Also forgot,  you have an ability that will stop abilities from casting and being casted for the next 4 seconds too...  its an ability all classes get,  be sure to use it.  Kind of a learn to play moment,  but it definitely comes in handy.

But my real question is... the OP has such a distaste for the game, and complained about it before launch... why are they playing it at all?

• IsaneIsane Member UncommonPosts: 2,630

The Issue is with you sadly ...... The game has mechanics ignore them and you will fail.

• IsaneIsane Member UncommonPosts: 2,630

Originally posted by udon

The games story quests have checkpoints where you face off against significantly more difficult mobs than normal to test your abilty to play the class as a whole rather than just spam buttons.  They are not bugs they are a test which you seem to have failed at.

You could get a friend or two to help you though the quest or look at more than 1-4 on your action bar and figure out what tools Bioware has given you to beat the encounter but they can be won solo at level.

Udon: very helpful post just hope the OP reads it...

• PuremallacePuremallace Member Posts: 1,856

{mod edit}

^ be prepared OP be preapared. I am full agreement btw and how this has not been hotfixed is just beyond me

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

Originally posted by Puremallace

{mod edit}

^ be prepared OP be preapared. I am full agreement btw and how this has not been hotfixed is just beyond me

What has not been hotfixed? Could someone explain what the hell is being discussed here?

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• sartoksartok Member Posts: 79

Boo freakin hoo. While this ismt my dream MMO it isnt so bad. Cry me a river. I made it through 2 years of Vanguard and many other MMO launchs that were bugged to death. This one has so few and you QQ as much as you can......

Quit MMOs now. You will never be happy with one. 

• PainlezzPainlezz Member UncommonPosts: 646

It has been fixed, it wasn't a problem for everyone, and you can progress in the game.  We have friends who had the issue and they've gotten past it.

• PoufPouf Member Posts: 341

"Mario bros 1 too is bugged . I keep going forward and end up in the same place then run out of time"

Oh nvm i figured it out.. I had to use my head and think .. forgot about that