Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sorry to all who lost their guildmates

I understand that many of the haters come to sites like this to express how scared they are that everyone in their guild left to come play TOR. So they come on here make false claims, lie and say they have played and make statement like the game is linear and you cant explore.

So all of us who enjoy playing TOR we are sorry you lost your guildmates. Your game is still there why waste your time coming on these sites trying to down a game that just had a succesful launch, and will be around for a long time!

Comments

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197

Actually three of my guildmates who tried it were selling their copies for 10 quid each... :)

Also you do realize that not every dislike about the game is a lie right?

The game is very linear and other bad things...  but it's also a very good game for some people. 

It's all fine!

..Cake..

• ShivamShivam Member Posts: 465

Please tell your friends i would happily buy all three copies..if ofcourse you didn't make it up. I am serious.

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty -- Mahatma Gandhi

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

Gaborik so you won't go eat your words later go support this please http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=84943&page=168

I'm actually going to on my newphew's account and try and hope Bioware listens to that(wishful thinking).

As I think faction PVP is cool and all but seriousely thid will effect that and some boss fights and flash points, if they fix this I'll play this game again.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• RedcorRedcor Member Posts: 426

Originally posted by sgel

Actually three of my guildmates who tried it were selling their copies for 10 quid each... :)

The game is very linear and other bad things...  but it's also a very good game for some people. 

It's all fine!

Yea, some of the dudes that left AoC were like "so long suckers" and they just came back saying " sorry, it suked " ha

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can
    be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
    -Robert E. Howard

• RavenRaven Member UncommonPosts: 2,005

Originally posted by Redcor

It's all fine!

Yea, some of the dudes that left AoC were like "so long suckers" and they just came back saying " sorry, it suked " ha

Were they like the 10 ppl left on AoC? :P

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Cute, sept I don't have anyone who did that. I don't hate the game, I just think it redefines the term themepark and sits at the edge of being good and bad. As a f2p this game would be great, as a p2p this game is subpar. Not at the FF14 level of course, but its near the end of my list.

People always leave to check out big titles all the time. Its nothing new. In a way, picking Xmas time helps to give an illusion more people are trying it then there really are. Like all other titles, many player swill likely leave and come back to the game they originated at some point. Its a trend that most people are use to who play MMos and see big releases coming out.

It's all fine!

WHAT? AOC still had players? that is news to me. ;p

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty -- Mahatma Gandhi

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

Their guild is better off with any fool that decides to leave a game beause of what is said on any message board.

6/10

Not really funny but rather original so gets you points. Don't think I ever heard the drama queen argument done from the standpoint that the naysayers around here would chase off guildies.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• DarLorkarDarLorkar Member UncommonPosts: 1,082

Originally posted by Gaborik

I understand that many of the haters come to sites like this to express how scared they are that everyone in their guild left to come play TOR. So they come on here make false claims, lie and say they have played and make statement like the game is linear and you cant explore. So all of us who enjoy playing TOR we are sorry you lost your guildmates. Your game is still there why waste your time coming on these sites trying to down a game that just had a succesful launch, and will be around for a long time!

Heh first i heard of anyone being "scared". Maybe it is time to do a search into yourself? last i checked the guild i was in lost 0 to any game, new or old.

But i will ask my wife to "counsel" her guildies. :P Can not have them being scared.

• PuremallacePuremallace Member Posts: 1,856

Denial is the first step in the grieiving process

Originally posted by Shivam

It's all fine!

yup, those of us with rigs powerfull enough to play the mmorpg that still has the best grafics around. And the only adult theme I might add. So yes, it has a hardore fan following and a cool community.

-Robert E. Howard

It's all fine!

yup, those of us with rigs powerfull enough to play the mmorpg that still has the best grafics around. And the only adult theme I might add. So yes, it has a hardore fan following and a cool community.

Oh so AOC failed so horribly at launch because people didn't have powerful computers to run it,  not that the game was broken and unfinished and full of lies printed on back of the box which haven't made into the game to this date.

lol

It's all fine!

Oh so AOC failed so horribly at launch because people didn't have powerful computers to run it,  not that the game was broken and unfinished and full of lies printed on back of the box which haven't made into the game to this date.

lol

AoC had a horrible launch but has improved tons in the last 2 years. Don't knock it till you try it. I tried SWTOR.

-Robert E. Howard

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

Why do you guys have to keep inventing reasons that people are critical of SWTOR? So far I've heard that haters are:

1.  Just bitter GW2 fans come to put down a rival game.

2.  Sandbox fans who would not like any themepark game and are here to rant about it.

3.  Trolls, just here to start trouble for the heck of it.

4.  And now, bitter players of [other MMORPG X] that have lost guild mates to SWTOR and are here to vent.

Did you ever consider that haters may be:

People who are honestly disappointed with certain aspects of the game?

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    My guilds doing fine...oh wait, It's a SWTOR guild.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• SatariousSatarious Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

Originally posted by Creslin321

Why do you guys have to keep inventing reasons that people are critical of SWTOR? So far I've heard that haters are:

2.  Sandbox fans who would not like any themepark game and are here to rant about it.

4.  And now, bitter players of [other MMORPG X] that have lost guild mates to SWTOR and are here to vent.

Not really.  Because folks that are genuinely disappointed and not just trying to troll typically state their opinion once and then move on.  They don't linger and spam the board with the same crap with a slightly different slant.  It's like they have a stake in swtor's failure.  Like it will be devastating if this game is a huge success and loved by millions.

It's obviously more about different preference of gameplay (themepark vs. sandbox) than quality.

AoC had a horrible launch but has improved tons in the last 2 years. Don't knock it till you try it. I tried SWTOR.

No i am pretty much knocking it after trying it.

• Equinsu_OchaEquinsu_Ocha Member UncommonPosts: 112

Originally posted by Satarious

Not really.  Because folks that are genuinely disappointed and not just trying to troll typically state their opinion once and then move on.  They don't linger and spam the board with the same crap with a slightly different slant.  It's like they have a stake in swtor's failure.  Like it will be devastating if this game is a huge success and loved by millions.

It's obviously more about different preference of gameplay (themepark vs. sandbox) than quality.

Some seem to have a stake in swtor's success. Considering they post almost daily defending it. Not naming names...but the dude abides.

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate!?

Originally posted by gamer2171

Some seem to have a stake in swtor's success. Considering they post almost daily defending it. Not naming names...but the dude abides.

Same can be said about those who post daily to bash SWTOR..so what is your point may i ask?

• Equinsu_OchaEquinsu_Ocha Member UncommonPosts: 112

Same can be said about those who post daily to bash SWTOR..so what is your point may i ask?

My point is a direct response to what was underlined. Did you miss it?

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate!?

• AdamTMAdamTM Member Posts: 1,376

I do have a stake in SWTORs failure.

Fair enough, you play with your light saber and I will play with my bloody axe and well agree to disagree. When I can cleave a man in half with a lightsaber and see some blue chicks T*t's I'll come play with ya. let  me know.

-Robert E. Howard

Fair enough, you play with your light saber and I will play with my bloody axe and well agree to disagree. When I can cleave a man in half with a lightsaber and see some blue chicks T*t's I'll come play with ya. let  me know.

Sorry but i don't play video games to look at blue chicks t... well you know. Real life works for me but thanks for the offer.

• SatariousSatarious Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

I don't have a stake in its success.  Partisans with political agendas just bug the hell out of me.  So I speak up.

• MetentsoMetentso Member UncommonPosts: 1,437

Sorry but i don't play video games to look at blue chicks t... well you know. Real life works for me but thanks for the offer.

They can have a romance with their companion, that should maye you turn blue with envy ;)

This discussion has been closed.