Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Long time follower trial inpressions.

124»

Comments

• YatenkaiohuYatenkaiohu Member Posts: 78

Originally posted by Norpan

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

Originally posted by Norpan

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

OK.  I will try one more time.. really SLOWLY and then give up as it's a silly point.

The OP said " have never seen a weather system like in MO on an online game, have any of you? "

Slapshot1188 said "Do you mean how it rains inside of buildings?  If so... then no I have never seen such a thing in another game."

You seem to struggle with the concept that "I have never seen such a thing" is quite different from saying it doesn;t exist in all of creation.  Think long and hard on that difference and then you will understand where you went wrong.

Why would I have checked up on the internet to see if other games had it when that wasn;t the question.  He asked if we had ever SEEN such a thing in another game, not if I could google something.  

As for Darkfall... again, I am fairly certain that it didn't launch with weather and it was added later.  The one bad thing I recall was that it could rain on one person's screen and not the other, but again... comparing one failed game to another is like asking which testicle youd like to have removed.

I try this really slow for you as well. Cause your very good at checking out every little fault with MO. Writing "Do you mean how it rains inside of buildings?  If so... then no I have never seen such a thing in another game." Where you once again, try to convince others that this is ONLY happening in MO, when it clearly wasn´t the case. How can you NOT see this? If you didn´t want to attack MO you should have written "Do you mean how it rains inside of buildings?  If so... I´m sure there is more games out there that has it to, but right now I can only think of MO". Would still be attack on MO, but would have saved your face alittle at least. So maybe before trying to convince everyone else that it only happened to in MO, check out if that is a fact. So you don´t loose face. But I know your so focused at throwing all your garbage at MO, that you forget that there is other games out there that has the same problem. Like your beloved Darkfall.

And you can say that you don´t play the game anymore etc, but you don´t fool anyone. What Darkfall fans fears the most is success for MO, and you are the most die hard fan they have. You´ve done a "great" job so far, and keep on going. One just have to check any of your 3000 posts or so on the subject. But I´m not suprised that you try save face here. And nothing I write will change the fact that you´ll hang around on this forum forever and ever trying to say all the bad things about MO that you can find. Even though, like in this case, knowing that even your sweetheart Darkfall had the same problem.

As your profile says you are from Sweden (same as StarVault...) I will assume this is a Swedish thing and thus you are having trouble understanding the language useage and let it go at that.  All the native speakers who read will understand the difference.

As far as DF...  you are once again WAAAAY off base.   As I said above I tried to go back to DF a while back (maybe a year?!?) and gave up in a day from the horrendous UI.  Is it better than MO? Yes... but that's just picking which is WORSE. Asking me which I would rather play is like asking me to pick having your left testicle or right testicle cut off. There really isn't a good choice.

Is that clear enough for you?

Do read my edited message as well.

I wonder if this is the case? That you think both suck balls etc. Why your ain´t over at DF forum spilling your guts about "how Tasos lying makes even Henrik CEO of SV look like a saint" etc? Nope. All focus on MO. I wonder why? Your only at DF forum to say that MO suck the donkeys balls. Does that sound like someone that dislike both games? Does that come from someone that dislike DF or someone that loves it? Do you get what I´m getting at at all?

darkfall having terrible UI hahaha thats laughable at best. learn 2 play

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

Norpan, I don't understand you. You look like a hypocrite to me, telling others to "move on", while you your self can't let the matter go and understand that it is personal for some people and they won't simply move on. Get over it your self, before you start telling others to, imho.

• RainBringerRainBringer Member Posts: 150

Originally posted by Energyo

Doesn't matter that their past experience is modding. They are making a MMO. What is SV's team size? They got like 5 people working for them? lol

5 experienced programmers are going to struggle with a game like Mortal Online. I know a lot more than you think when it comes to programming but I wont get in to that. Modding a game is nothing like making a MMO. I never said the devs of MO were competent. The ONLY thing I am talking about is the fact you bring up modding. But actually yes, SV not having the funds is effecting the quality of the game. That is mostly their own damn fault for adding in things that shouldn't have been done until after they got in basic features. For example, cooking, alchemy, plant picking. All of these features took them a lot of time to do (oh and can't forget butchery) and these were all features they shouldn't have focused their time with. This is where leadership flat out sucks, someone was too caught up in their own wants instead of putting in features that are needed. I say this because the devs of MO apparently play the game.

Where I get my info?

I am a 2nd year computer science student. (have written lots of code in C++,  taken OOP classes, etc). I have lots of resources and friends in the programming field who know what they are doing. that's all I really need to say.  None of this really matters. Anyone without knowledge in the field should be able to find out that creating a MMO like this wouldn't be an easy task just by a little reading and research in to it. Why SV decided to take on this project? I have no clue, it was dumb on their part.

I dont know what you are trying to prove here, I really dont. 

I have said the exact same things that you now say and yet you resort to calling me an "idiot" in lieu of more..."harsher" words.

Not once have I said that making a game is an easy job. Its a long, cumbersome, tricky (but not hard as long as you know your shit) process. All you are taking into account is the comment that 'It isnt rocket science'. That comment was solely for the poster I quoted in my first post, where he is under the impression that Starvault are some benevolent bunch of superhumans who have taken the trouble to make a sandbox(-ish 1%) game for solely the players benefit. So in which world are you living in where anything that isnt rocket science is so easy that monkeys with a wrench can fix?

All you did was, saw the comment I made about the NWN modding community and everything else went blank in your head, which was now filled with thoughts of calling me an idiot...in lack of more "harsher" words. Not once did it occur to you that I am calling SV incompetent who have had their sole bit of credible game developing experience modding around with the UE engine and the fact that they squandered their resources (MO box sales were quite huge) and ended up with "like 5 people" and that undertaking the task of creating Mortal Online (atleast the stuff they put up on paper) is well beyond their amateur capacity. If their ONLY experience prior to making a MMO where they charge people top dollars is modding, then damn straight bringing up this fact IS important. I say, because none of the devs on the SV banner have had any professional experience is why this game is so badly botched that interns have to code in the core features since the main "devs" have no clue on how to do it.

This is Exactly the type of behaviour that is running rampant on the MO forums as the OP states. All those 'bitter hardened vets' zoom in on one statement alone (in your case the NWN comment) and go onto calling the OP, or the new guy posting his concerns about MO, idiots or much "harsher" names. They probably dont even take the time to read the post as long they realise that the thread title is going show MO in a negative light. Same way you did not even take the time to read my first post before jumping the gun with your flamebaits.

As you have realised that those comments you made were not warranted, you very well owe me an apology for your vitriolic outburst. 

• EnergyoEnergyo Member UncommonPosts: 69

Get over it man. I didn't call you anything worse than the word "idiot". That was a few posts back, that post you quoted I did not call you a name. Seriously dude, it's the internet. Stop getting bent out of shape over a forum post. If you really feel like you deserve an apology then I apologize for offending you, I did not intend to offend you.

I don't post on the MO forums and I am not a backer of Mortal Online which is something some people here seem to be getting mixed up. I have stated multiple times now that the management of SV mishandled the game and made very poor decisions. There was a major lack of professionalism involved in Mortal Online, everything from the staff all the way to the GMs and moderators.

IF you are saying the same things that I said then again I apologize. I've been quite sick and may have not read something you have stated correctly.

Anyhow I say we just drop it. I think we can both agree that :

1. SV has amateur coders(not saying they are bad, but they are very inexperienced and/or understaffed to handle the work load)

2.  SV was mishandled

Anyways, happy new year everyone.

• RainBringerRainBringer Member Posts: 150

Me asking for an apology was a jest, I wasnt really being serious there. Worry not, my shape is not the least bit bent by any account.

Its after all the internet, where so many people drop by just to 'troll' others and incite hate but to apologise for one's mistake over the net takes more mettle than one would assume. A tip of the hat to you for actually doing it.