Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2 Character Slots

2»

Comments

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

Originally posted by thedarkess

In gw1 every expansion you buy give you 2 additional free slots, so I hope it will be like that. 4-6 slot on release and then +2 every new expansion. But if not I would probably buy more.

They kept the original difference of two slots. The original game had 4 slots compared to 6 professions. Then they added 2 char slots because they added 2 new professions so you still had to buy slots if you wanted every single profession.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• EvilGeekEvilGeek Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

Five sounds about right. They need other sources of income outside the box price and character slots will be a popular CS item, it's enough for each race and leaves three slots to be bought if you insist on rolling every class.

• kzaskekzaske Member UncommonPosts: 518

Originally posted by Master10K

Originally posted by kzaske

I was under the impression that there would be four, not sure where I read that and not really interested enough to look it up.

You were probably thinking about the original Guild Wars, which gave players 4 character slots.

As much as I would love to see 5 or 6 slots, I don't think it is going to happen.  One could theorize that Arenanet is gonna give us 6 slots becase the orginal Guild Wars had six professions but only allowed four slots.  With Guild Wars 2 have 8 professions perhaps they will let us have 6 slots.  Which is just as valid as any other arguement in this thread.

I read it in an article discussing Guild Wars 2, published a few years back, they did say that the number of slots allowed had not been finalized but the current best guess was four slots.  Personally I would rather have 6.  I hope they changed thier minds.