Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honestly ! Who would actually pay 15 a month for this???

xion12121xion12121 Member UncommonPosts: 199

The game is decent as a free to play type game. But it is not an mmo its more of a single player RPG with some chat thrown in. Who is actually willing (Be honest) to pay $15 dollars  a month for a game not worth one penny???

I would give you a guest pass to SWOTR, but then I wouldn't be able to find a way to live with myself afterwards....

Comments

• KidonKidon Member UncommonPosts: 399

I will gladly pay 15euros or whatever the sub is for this game, but i tell u know, i wont be playing GW2 if it being free. But i can give you a hint, dont play the game if you dont like it, because a free game will have no updated content or any decent content, yes even gw just wait and see, i pay for SWTOR because i expect BW to go thru with their part or the agreement, wich is Content update with regularity.

• UtukuMoonUtukuMoon Member Posts: 1,066
    Originally posted by Kidon

I will gadly pay 15euros or whatever the sub is for this game, but i tell u know, i wont be playing GW2 if it being free. But i can give you a hint, dont play the game if you dont like it, because a free game will have no updated content or any decent content, yes even gw just wait and see, i pay for SWTOR because i expect BW to go thru with their part or the agreement, wich is Content update with regularity.

I lol at this,some people need to do there research before making comments about games they obviously know nothing about.

• kastakasta Member Posts: 512

Honestly!  Who would post such drivel on a forum dedicated to the game?  It would work in, say, the GW2 forums, the game for people who don't like monthly fees.  But here?  Really?

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589

I would.

• Dekarx12Dekarx12 Member UncommonPosts: 380

Originally posted by Necropsie

Not you, it seems.

Now please cancel your account now and go back to playing what popular crap you love so less queue's for the rest of us.

Seriously, messages with two lines and only saying  "THIS GAME SUCKS" is childish and boring.

I gotta agree with this I'm not playing this game I've got my own reasons, but you don't see me coming on these forums and saying boo Hiiisss... it is childish and dumb really... if your gonna say DONT PLAY THIS GAME give more reasons behind your statement OP...  its really getting tiring seeing the same recycled crap goin on these forum as of late. the MOds really need to step up there game and start filtering these pointless threads out from obvious trolls and haters..

• GaudrathGaudrath Member Posts: 33

People would pay a lot more for a giant turd in a Darth Vader suit, and EA knows it. It's Star Wars, it doesn't have to be good.

• Goll25Goll25 Member UncommonPosts: 187

Originally posted by Kidon

I will gadly pay 15euros or whatever the sub is for this game, but i tell u know, i wont be playing GW2 if it being free. But i can give you a hint, dont play the game if you dont like it, because a free game will have no updated content or any decent content, yes even gw just wait and see, i pay for SWTOR because i expect BW to go thru with their part or the agreement, wich is Content update with regularity.

And exactly what are you basing that off of lmao. Guild Wars has always done a great job putting together events to keep the game fresh. However their game at the time was pretty much just a co-op rpg, their wasn't much room for content updates because of the way it was setup, expansions where needed. And because of the f2p title they had to put up or shut up with there game each time they went to make an expansion since that was their #1 source of income. What did this do? Bring awesome content to a game that was free after the intial purchase. This doesn't mean they didn't have any content updates, because they sure as hell did. Anet is one fine developer and anyone who has played there game would most likely agree.

Now if you think that paying monthly will get you tons of content updates you'd be foolish. For example let's use the Giant, WoW is subscription based it's first major update (after cataclysm) was in june, 6 months after release. When did it get updated again? Just a few weeks ago, now that's an update every half year that they slowed down to, and people still pay $15 a month.

On the other hand you have Trion who developed rift, who give their player's good content for the subscriptions. Though the was not big at all from start, you can see how it is expanding over time, and how quickly it is. That is getting your money's worth IMO.

Now I'm not trying to say that BW won't give a ton of content updates, and hell I'm not really sure if they mentioned anything about how frequent they plan on updating. But what I am getting at is you really aren't guarentted content often at all for your subscriptions, and WoW isn't the only sub-based game that takes forever to update. But to say that Anet will throwGW2 out there and not give any decent content updates is ludacris, I would say that GW2 is the most well thought out MMO of recent IMHO. Sure I am a pretty big GW2 fan boy, but I am being honest. They won't give us a release date still after 5 years because they want it to be perfect, also being that guild wars is the only game Anet has ever made, I think that they hold it so dear to them that they wouldn't simply just ditch it after release.

• pharazonicpharazonic Member Posts: 860

I think he means B2P.

But anyway, I still am firmly off the opinion that this game would have been groundbreaking as a SRPG ie KOTOR3 with co-op elements. They could have had periodic paid DLC packages too and things like that. 

Definitely not worth a subscription as far as I am concerned. 

"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

I need to take this advice more.

• select20select20 Member Posts: 130

I'm loving it, I'll pay for it.

Is that what you're looking for in this thread? Not sure why you would make it. Although I'm convinced that Blizzard, in it's billions of dollars, is not above trying to come to forums like these, and hire people to just trash it's competition.

"Life is 10% of what happens to you and 90% of how you react to it."

• yewsefyewsef Member CommonPosts: 335
    I will pay $15 monthly sub for it. It's that the replayability is minimal and the multiplayer factor is as shallow as WoW's (almost all instanced) but thats what the current market can offer for me ss AAA product... same old shallow experience. But it is decent for what it offers... which is another WoW-like experience. Will definitely last me at least 2 minths.
  • jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

Worst part is that there is no lifetime sub option.

I'm going to play this for 5+ years and I want a lifetime sub!! :(

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

Originally posted by select20

Is that what you're looking for in this thread? Not sure why you would make it. Although I'm convinced that Blizzard, in it's billions of dollars, is not above trying to come to forums like these, and hire people to just trash it's competition.

Blizzard has nothing worry about when it comes to this game.If Bioware can get the players to pay for this game then good luck to them.The people who do pay deserved to be ripped off,just goes to show how gulible some people are.

Originally posted by Sylvarii

Blizzard has nothing worry about when it comes to this game.

Blizzard is 'worried' actually.

Not by SWTOR or any one particular MMO but in their own game.

Subs of WoW is declining. That's a fact.

You had the CEO of Blizzard talking to the investors on how to turn that around in the last earnings call by saying stuff like 'Faster content / expansions' 

That's a company 'worrying'.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

Originally posted by jpnz

You had the CEO of Blizzard talking to the investors on how to turn that around in the last earnings call by saying stuff like 'Faster content / expansions' 

So you are repeating what i said,thanks for agreeing with me.

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    I'm paying for two subs.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

Originally posted by dubyahite

I'm paying for two subs.

Never stop slicing.

Never not slice.

Why stop slicing?

Stop slicing, what?

Did i get it right? :P

Gdemami -

• DeserttFoxxDeserttFoxx Member UncommonPosts: 2,402

Originally posted by dubyahite

I'm paying for two subs.

Never stop slicing.

Never not slice.

Why stop slicing?

Stop slicing, what?

Did i get it right? :P

slicing is good to 50, but, you make way more money just killing mobs once you are in your 40s, so you can actually focus on other crew skills.

Quotations Those Who make peaceful resolutions impossible, make violent resolutions inevitable. John F. Kennedy

Life... is the shit that happens while you wait for moments that never come - Lester Freeman

Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them? - Willy Nelson

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

Well I sure wouldn't but a lot of people undoubtly would and will. How many exactly, remains to be seen. I would still assume the subscriptions will be only a fraction of the box sales, as usual.

Me - I got bored at level 10. Glad I didn't pay anything for the box.

• Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877

I don't think the company is "worrying" as they know full well that D3 and "Titan" will rake in tremendous profits.  If they were really "worried" then they would pull some of their original WoW Dev who are forerunners of the devs from the "Titan" project. 

But as far as the OP is concerned... until I experiance end-game it's hard to say if this is a sub worthy game or not.  If then the single strong point of SWTOR is the story then hell no as if I really wanted story then I'd play the ME series or DA as their story stomps SWTOR to the ground if they end up with lackluster end-game.

• BarryManilowBarryManilow Member UncommonPosts: 701

Blizzard has nothing worry about when it comes to this game.If Bioware can get the players to pay for this game then good luck to them.The people who do pay deserved to be ripped off,just goes to show how gulible some people are.

This has got to be the dumbest thread ever.  Well right after this gem of a statement.  Some people are just completely blinded by thier hatred for any other MMO that they are not currently playing.   Doesn't matter which MMO it is.  Some people will continue to troll other MMO forums becaues of fear thier own MMO will fail and lose subs.  So they come out of the woodwork like roaches to troll in hopes they are not denied thier game is the best and everything else sucks. 

Hint, stop already and go troll on your own MMO forums.    Just go ahead and play your given MMO and stop with the forum griefing.   I mean where are the Mods on these forums?

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

/raise hand

I'm enjoying every second of it. Much better than any of the crap mmos that have come before it.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• Lurker666Lurker666 Member Posts: 4

I would it's in my opinion better than all these mmorpgs out there. have you even get to level 10 yet or played a battleground.

If you didn't shut your mounth.

• KidonKidon Member UncommonPosts: 399

It is up to BW, if they keep updating the game with new valid content, give life subscription now, if they dont then the game will eventually loose subs, but see this, the game is out for a couple of weeks and they already have the test server up with new content anounced :D you really think BW isnt up to the task? if you dont like the game dont pay it is ok, but just face it SWTOR will be here for many years and i'm confident that the subs will keep on increasing.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Another day and another whiner crying about a mmo, a good mmo that is.

Specialy for a mmo that is 7 days old.

WoW is 7 years old and got time to improve on many many aspects.

SWTOR has just begun and will make it better and better with each patch and expansion.

Cant pay the sub or dont want to pay a sub for a new mmo ? go play something else.

But please stop crying on the foums people, its like 80% of the people posting in forums are CoD kids or BF kids trying to prove their opinion is a fact lol.

• faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940

Originally posted by xion12121

The game is decent as a free to play type game. But it is not an mmo its more of a single player RPG with some chat thrown in. Who is actually willing (Be honest) to pay $15 dollars  a month for a game not worth one penny???

so is this a rage because the servers are down 6 hours? i mean its not good that us eu players need to have server down sametime as us.

but as for launch of mmo one of the smoothest really. and yet as a game top5.

edit : big vote for server admins for eu servers doing the patching overnight.