Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWG mechanics that didn't make it to TOR

2»

Comments

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Serious comparing SWG to SWTOR is like comparing Shogun:Total War to Starcraft.

Bit similar but overall just diffrent TYPE of games.

One is more varied second is more streamlined.

Sandbox vs themepark.

Just very diffrent.

• Amphib_IanAmphib_Ian Member Posts: 170

Despite everything said both for and against ToR, as an avid SWG fan i can say that through all the disappointments brought about as a result of ToR being in no way, shape, or form like galaxies i must admit i'm still on the fence about trying ToR just because i miss SWG and that universe, even if i too prefer the original trilogy by leaps and bounds. In galaxies i started off as a smuggler and then became a commando. would i enjoy either of those classes in ToR? are they carbon copies of other MMO classes the way the sith lord is to a warrior from WoW? (i say that cause i saw that picture comparing their skills side by side and they were neigh identical)

• hipiaphipiap Member UncommonPosts: 393

Originally posted by fenistil

Serious comparing SWG to SWTOR is like comparing Shogun:Total War to Starcraft.

Bit similar but overall just diffrent TYPE of games.

One is more varied second is more streamlined.

Sandbox vs themepark.

Just very diffrent.

This is a vaild point.

The problem is that those of us that Played SW:G for extended periods of time, and have tried out ToR are going to be slightly biased on our view because of our prior experiences with a Star Wars themed MMO.

Take me...

I started SW:G full time in 2004 after testing it out for a few months in 2003.  I was at the Sarlaac on Starsider when the servers went down for the last time last month.

I tried ToR during the Open Beta Weekends and Clossed Beta.  Its got great VO work....but its not for me.  It doesn't have what I want from a Star Wars MMO......the oppurtunity to run my own game inside of the Universe..

MMO History: 2528 days in SW:G