Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DF's Music

WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

Is there anywhere to get the music/soundtrack for DF?

I really like the soundtrack to this game. It's got a much more "ambient" feel to it than one of actual melodies. Reminds me of AC2's soundtrack as well, which was equally ambient. 

I actually having the loading screen up as I type this listening to that track. Really great stuff.

I tried checking the folders for the game, since some games have them just as mp3s or ogg's or whatever. No dice, though.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
- Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

Comments

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

I like the soundtrack also, found always that  the music was well done and gets you immersed even i turn it often down to be able to hear surroundings. 

The composer is very talented and his name is Vanias Apergis.

He has the main theme uploaded to his myspace profile.

http://www.myspace.com/vaniasapergis  

Here also another piece of the soundtrack  on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PccCdVRDyXc

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

Sweet.

Thanks for that, Darth.

Mayhaps AV will release an official soundtrack CD or something. It's not uncommon for games, so... who knows?

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops