Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lineage Eternal: Twilight Resistance: The G-STAR Preview

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

During the 2011 G-Star, NCSoft wowed the world with the debut trailer for Lineage Eternal, a game that will surely give Blizzard's Diablo III a run for its money. We had the chance to chat with NCSoft devs about Lineage Eternal. Check it out and then leave us your comments.

Lineage itself holds a place of honor among MMOs. One of the first Eastern MMOs to hit the market Lineage has left just that on the industry. Lineage 2 grew in popularity and became a success among fans on a global scale. NCSoft slowed on the title after Lineage 2 to launch a host of other games over the last few years. However, as we enter into the new decade Lineage returns to the forefront with Lineage Eternal, a different style of game that will bring the series to the next level. We've worked with NCsoft to bring you info based on the English translation of the dev team's interview from G-STAR last month.

Read more of Garrett Fuller's Lineage Eternal: The G-STAR Preview.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• MataOCDMataOCD Member Posts: 54

Wow, the game looks awesome, cant wait for it!!!

• BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813

This was an even cooler trailer than the previously posted one.  I'm actually looking forward to this title now.

• HEKKRAHEKKRA Member UncommonPosts: 80

Wow. This shit looks epic!

<3 Lineage

• DragimDragim Member UncommonPosts: 867

Looks cool, I wonder if they will have a real cash auction house too?! lol

I am entitled to my opinions, misspellings, and grammatical errors.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768

Wow I actually really can't wait for this now.

• DexterMMODexterMMO Member Posts: 484

Diablo... A challenger appears

Everything I say is my opinion or personal preference. You may or may not find it useful to your cause but regardless I am entitled to it.

• RedcorRedcor Member Posts: 426

holy **** this looks killer. just added to my waiting list.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can
    be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
    -Robert E. Howard

• gladosrev2gladosrev2 Member CommonPosts: 203

It would appear Diablo 3 has found its Bane.

My Guild Wars 2 First Beta Weekend "reviewette" : http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/4944570/thread/349125#4944570

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

Don't really see Diablo 3 competing with this. It's been in development half the time and looks twice as polished and aesthetically pleasing, not to mention how many people feel burned by Blizzard's auction house cash grab. If this manages to avoid the grind both L1 and L2 had, it will be a winner.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• KelthiusKelthius Member UncommonPosts: 298

Im hoping for more classes. A necromancer class would be epic in this game.

• bronecarbronecar Member Posts: 685

This is due to be shipped in EU when, sometime in 2013-2014?

As always, the best games are those yet to be released.

Hm, I wonder why  :)

• M1sf1tM1sf1t Member UncommonPosts: 1,583

I don't see this game challenging Diablo 3 because Diablo 3 is targeting a different demographic (aka people not seeking a MMORPG .) Furthermore I see the weak link in the chain in terms of classes appears to be the Archer. If you notice carefully the Archer is somewhat less then dynamic and impactful in combat compared to the Mage or Knight classes. Another potential issue I see is the limiting factor of just 3 classes in this game especially if it is going to enter the MMORPG market were people like to choose from more then just the holy trinity.

Other then that the game looks pretty damn nice and I suspect it will have lots of fans in Korea and maybe some in the US/Europe (so long as they don't attach a horrible grind to it ala L1 and L2). I also like the 3d isometric view which is nostalgic for me in so many ways.

Games I've played/tried out:WAR, LOTRO, Tabula Rasa, AoC, EQ1, EQ2, WoW, Vangaurd, FFXI, D&DO, Lineage 2, Saga Of Ryzom, EvE Online, DAoC, Guild Wars,Star Wars Galaxies, Hell Gate London, Auto Assault, Grando Espada ( AKA SoTNW ), Archlord, CoV/H, Star Trek Online, APB, Champions Online, FFXIV, Rift Online, GW2.

Game(s) I Am Currently Playing:

GW2 (+LoL and BF3)

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713

Very nice

• lvluplvlup Member UncommonPosts: 33

looked awsome till i noticed how it looks like its instanced like vindictus

good try tho NCsoft...

• YuuiYuui Member UncommonPosts: 723

Originally posted by lvlup

good try tho NCsoft...

We already know it won't be that instanced.

Story missions will be, but most of stuff will be similar to how it was handled in L1 - no instancing, maybe some slight zoning.

# A GRIM, ODD, ARCANE SKY
    # ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

• tkoreapertkoreaper Member UncommonPosts: 412

LOL @ Diablo 3 ... I'm completely awestruck. My jaw literally dropped when I saw the archer's attack that impaled 3 dudes on the side of a boat lmao.

• GrunchGrunch Member Posts: 493

Looks like Dantes Inferno style of  game play.

"I'm sorry but your mmo has been diagnosed with EA and only has X number of days to live."

• redpinsredpins Member Posts: 147

D3 has a run for it's money, but D3 has a bigger playerbase of mindless drones that will buy it just to have it. I really don't trust NCSoft as well because of their track record.

I struggle not with life, money, emotions, and world, but against old mindsets and selves to be proven obsolete in a age and time of rapid changes. Go create fun, so you can have fun.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Originally posted by Yuui

Originally posted by lvlup

good try tho NCsoft...

We already know it won't be that instanced.

Story missions will be, but most of stuff will be similar to how it was handled in L1 - no instancing, maybe some slight zoning.

That makes the most sense to me.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• RazephonRazephon Member UncommonPosts: 628

made of win

Currently waiting for the MMO industry to put out something good.
  • OgreRaperOgreRaper Member Posts: 376

I was a big fan of Lineage 1, so this looks pretty damn cool.

And as for the Diablo 3 vs LE, I have to say,  LE being a true MMO makes it much more appealing to me vs the instanced room based Diablo 3 

• Squal'ZellSqual'Zell Member Posts: 1,803

Originally posted by redpins

D3 has a run for it's money, but D3 has a bigger playerbase of mindless drones that will buy it just to have it. I really don't trust NCSoft as well because of their track record.

exactly. i'm a long time follower of the diablo series

played Diablo 1 then 2 and now i feel i have to own 3, jst for the sake of owning it. but it doesnt mean ill not be playing this and also "path of exile"

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905

Looks more like the quality of titan quest than D3

• csthaocsthao Member UncommonPosts: 1,121

Interesting...very interesting...

• TalemireTalemire Member UncommonPosts: 839

The physics are straight up sick in this game. With the dynamics of it, I have no clue why they didn't go twitch/abilities with this one instead of the overhead click-fest. Despite that, though, looks really good. Whether there is deep character customization and wide itemization will make or break this game.

Isaiah 41:10