Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LFG that is "Truley F2P"

ForumTrollForumTroll Member Posts: 140

I am currently playing League of Legends and DC Universe (PS3) and I need another game to fill my time. League of Legends is getting a little stale as it always does every so often. I can only play DC Universe at certain hours because of log-in ques. So I am looking for my next adventure! I am looking for a game that is seriously F2P. I don't mind putting money into a game or supporting the developers at all, but I'm looking for a game where it is not a requirement at all! Purely my decision with no "penalties" for not doing so.

Please DO NOT suggest Lord of the Rings or DDO, I have played most games and I already know that these 2 titles don't give me the satisfaction I'm looking for in an MMO. Even though they are F2P with an option to earn in game currency they are not for me! Also I already tried Lineage II and as most you know it's full of botters so it isn't very fun getting to lvl cap.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions, hopefully you guys can point me in the direction of a real gem!

~ForumTroll

"People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool."

Comments

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

Improbable Island is one of the few really F2P MMOs, but you get what you pay for: http://www.improbableisland.com/home.php?

• SmikisSmikis Member UncommonPosts: 1,045

there is only one game, and its quite good, obviously not real mmorpg.. Vindictus

• A1D3NA1D3N Member UncommonPosts: 276

www.lineage2.com

its is truely free to play, all u can buy with there nc coin shop is like "7 days 50%+ exp"

not that any1 does realy

Currently Playing:
    ...... :(

• Methos12Methos12 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

Fallen Earth comes to mind. F2P players aren't really gimped as much as the paying ones (various subscriptions) can simply do things better.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
  • ForumTrollForumTroll Member Posts: 140

Originally posted by Smikis

there is only one game, and its quite good, obviously not real mmorpg.. Vindictus

It doesn't really matter if it is the classic definition of an MMORPG. I have become accustomed to the Quick Route to PVP in games and that is more what i enjoy. After all most my time I spend in LoL, and thats not an MMORPG at all. I checked out the Shopping Mall and at least It doesnt really have any gamebreaking items. I'll check it out, in the meantime feel free to keep the sugggestions coming guys! Still on the hunt!

~ForumTroll

"People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool."

• KhaerosKhaeros Member Posts: 452

I'll keep the suggestions close to League in case you haven't heard about them.  Sorry, no MMOs in this post.

Rise of Immortals plays very similar to League but has only 16 heroes and a very small community, though it is a new game.  Similar skill cap, with an emphasis on anti-carries and the current metagame is AOE heavy.  RoI has a persistent metagame like League with masteries and runes.  Persistent levels are done per hero, not per account, so you might get level 50 with a carry but then pull out a support and realize that you have no masteries.

Heroes of Newerth has a higher skill cap than League.  Since there's no metagame or universal summoner spells, items and hero abilites are more powerful (Permanent invisibility, chain CCs of up to around 8 seconds, an item that lets you do a Jarvan ult).  You can last-hit your own creeps to deny your lane opponent the gold and some of the XP, so if you're bad at last hitting, you will suffer more in this game.  Unlike LoL where many of the champions scale well into end game, there is no such thing as ability power so spell damage is fixed.

HoN has hyper carries - heroes that, if given enough farm, will 1v5 you and win.  Think Tryndamere but orders of magnitude more powerful.  To counteract this, there are heroes specially made for ganking and ruining the carry's day that will shine in mid game (kind of like League has 'assassins' or bursty AP champs, but HoN's gankers are better realized).  Say bye to your 4k HP Irelia though - health pools are much lower in HoN so people can die real quick.

• kalakujakalakuja Member Posts: 24

Go and try out Bloodline Champions. Free to play and money buys you no advantage. No grind required and all skill based fast arena combat.

• Chivalry1978Chivalry1978 Member Posts: 184

I rarely have any login que issues with dcuo then again im on pc...may be the reason but probably the best you can do....

Other games you can check out is battlestar galactica online...All cash will do is speed up the rate at which your weapons upgrade and its easy to play ....

• Cthulhu23Cthulhu23 Member Posts: 994

Originally posted by Methos12

Fallen Earth comes to mind. F2P players aren't really gimped as much as the paying ones (various subscriptions) can simply do things better.

This was going to be my suggestion.  Probably has the best F2P model out there, and is a pretty good game overall.  Does get a little boring after a while, but I enjoyed myself while playing it.

• DewmDewm Member UncommonPosts: 1,337

Best bet..

....pay 20 bucks, get minecraft = profit till the end of time.

Please check out my channel. I do gaming reviews, gaming related reviews & lets plays. Thanks!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/BettyofDewm/videos