Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Enjoyed it, didn't enjoy it, sort of enjoy it

daveospicedaveospice Member UncommonPosts: 361

That is the progression of how I've felt playing the game so far 50+ hours in.

It started out awesome, very well paced doing the quests,  voice acting was great there was plenty of side quests.  I got annoyed by there not being transportation services in some of the spots, and the world was made to be really open but they limit a  lot of the planets to 60 people or less so ultimately the openness just makes you feel alone, and like the world's empty.  This feeling will get worst as people get their characters up in levels and there's less people at the lower levels.

The flashpoints (instanced dungeons) are fun, but they're nothing new.  The "let people choose what to say" aspect is a neat addition, but ultimately used rarely and mostly just for fun.

There are so many annoyances.  You can't hover over equipment for your companion and compair what they have on to what you're viewing, the graphics for anything not jedi/sith is absolute crap.  My armor makes me look like a giant school boy with a lunch bag on my back.   The auction house is really broken in every which way you look at it.  

The crafting (crew skills) there are only a few of them that are of any use, with ultimately slicing making  them all useless (if you can make 5k by just sending your crew out, then why would you want to spend the time to gather, and create armor and sell them for the same amount with less profit?)  Then you can just buy the armor you'll outgrow anyway.

The pvp I find not fun at all.  I really liked Rift pvp but there's a couple reasons for that.  No static classes meant I could try out builds for pvp and see how they fair, and the pvp was NOT LAGGY.  Pvp in Star wars is a lag fest.  Not to mention if I play Hutt ball one more time I'm going to SCREAM!!

Comments

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

I've leveled a few characters up into the 20s and I cancelled my account today.  Its just the content, the content is not fun.

• wolvie3131wolvie3131 Member UncommonPosts: 196

Originally posted by daveospice

snip*

There are so many annoyances.  You can't hover over equipment for your companion and compair what they have on to what you're viewing,

snip*

actually this is wrong, you can click a setting in preferences to let you view items compared to what your companion is wearing atm.

armors are an astetic choice, you either like them or don't.

slicing makes you money yes it does, but I have been using Armortech on my BH and find it keeps me equiped in between drops rather nicely, again personal choice and falvors will vary.

I am having fun as is my G/F and to me in the end that's all that matters to me....

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Enjoyed it then by level 8 I sort of enjoyed it. By level 15 I was barely sort of enjoying it.

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154

The crafting (crew skills) there are only a few of them that are of any use, with ultimately slicing making  them all useless (if you can make 5k by just sending your crew out, then why would you want to spend the time to gather, and create armor and sell them for the same amount with less profit?)  Then you can just buy the armor you'll outgrow anyway.

Slicing doesnt scale as well at upper levels.  All are useful if you know what you are doing and specialize to learn recipes.

• DrachonisDrachonis Member Posts: 183

Oh noes... another SW:ToR sucks because of minor annoyances that they will surely fix given a bit of time and player imput.... Doom and Gloom... Doom and Gloom

• AdamTMAdamTM Member Posts: 1,376

Originally posted by wolvie3131

snip*

There are so many annoyances.  You can't hover over equipment for your companion and compair what they have on to what you're viewing,

snip*

actually this is wrong, you can click a setting in preferences to let you view items compared to what your companion is wearing atm.

slicing makes you money yes it does, but I have been using Armortech on my BH and find it keeps me equiped in between drops rather nicely, again personal choice and falvors will vary.

I am having fun as is my G/F and to me in the end that's all that matters to me....

Jesus christ!

why is this in preferences?!

I've been looking for this for ages now!

Any other game: shift/alt/ctrl hover

SWTOR: tick a box in preferences

• wolvie3131wolvie3131 Member UncommonPosts: 196

Originally posted by AdamTM

Originally posted by wolvie3131

snip*

snip*

Jesus christ!

why is this in preferences?!

I've been looking for this for ages now!

Any other game: shift/alt/ctrl hover

SWTOR: tick a box in preferences

cause in so many other games you are outfitting companions ??

it is already auto set to item compare against what your character is wearing. never found ticking a box that hard myself (but thats me)

I guess it is just habit for me to check all the preferences in a game to see exactly what preferences are available /shrug