Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3 Ships Feb/07/2012 Will You Be Playing?

Comments

• ravtecravtec Member Posts: 214

Originally posted by skeaser

Originally posted by Unreal024

No, I won't be playing it. I'm so disappointed with the direction that Blizzard has taken the game that it's better if I just pretend it doesn't exist. The Diablo series got me into gaming, it's sad that I won't be able to enjoy the third installment. But, life goes on in the hack'n'slash world, there's always Torchlight 2/ TL MMO and Path of Exile.

Look at Grim Dawn as well, from the guys/gals who made Titan Quest.

www.grimdawn.com

(can't make it a link for some reason)

Titan quest is the only one that have managed to capture my diablo magic. Thats the only game i have playd to death just as i did with diablo.

Tourchlight i found boreing, silverfall decent but never managed to play it to the end, mythos was crap.

As to Op i wont preorder but me and all my rl friends that play games will buy it on release

• Rusty715Rusty715 Member Posts: 482

No, I won't be playing it. I'm so disappointed with the direction that Blizzard has taken the game that it's better if I just pretend it doesn't exist. The Diablo series got me into gaming, it's sad that I won't be able to enjoy the third installment. But, life goes on in the hack'n'slash world, there's always Torchlight 2/ TL MMO and Path of Exile.

www.grimdawn.com

Thank you for posting about Grim Dawn. Its the first ive head of it. Titan Quest is a game I never tire of playing. As to the topic, yes I intend to play D3.

Really? This game sucks and Im not having fun? Im going to unsub right now. Thanks for the tip.

• Rusty715Rusty715 Member Posts: 482

www.grimdawn.com

Thanks for posting about Grim Dawn. Its the first ive heard of it. Titan Quest is a game I enjoy going back and replaying from time to time. As to the topic, yes, I intend to play D3.

Really? This game sucks and Im not having fun? Im going to unsub right now. Thanks for the tip.

• wolvie3131wolvie3131 Member UncommonPosts: 196

nope wont be playing, as I was never really a fan of any of the other diablo games either, was more a baulders gate neverwinter nights fan myself =)

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

Its not the Diablo we all loved and know, so I'm out. No modding, real money AH, and a cash shop, All Blizzard are interested in is listening to the Ka-ching Ka-ching.

• SyllendaleSyllendale Member UncommonPosts: 162

To answer the OP's title question.... No. No I wont.

• uohaloranuohaloran Member Posts: 811

I'm kind of more interested in Path of Exile at this point.

My interest for Diablo 3 has waned for over 10 years.  They'll have to pull out all the stops for me to buy this one at release (and given it's undoubtedly gigantic success, it'll probably never go down in price).

• MagterMagter Member Posts: 289

Never been a Diablo fan, nor would I pay $60 for a game that is quite definitely going to be rushed. It's Blizzard and i've played enough Blizzard games to know that the $60 is not worth it. Not to mention I still haven't finished playing Skyrim.

Purpose in life is not to gain things, but experience. - Rover64dd

• ForumTrollForumTroll Member Posts: 140

You know half the people in this thread have said the same thing about other new to release MMO's. "No, I won't Play It!" "Not worth my money unless they do somthing drastic" "Played it 10 years ago, but I won't play it Again!" YES YOU WILL, YOU ALL WILL! Let's stop pretending like we don't buy every single new MMO nowadays. They keep our attention for a few months then we move on to the next. In short.... Of course I will be trying it, Of course I will be following it. Will I become so immersed that it will hold my attention for longer then a year? Probably not!

"People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool."

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

If I ever play it, it won't be anywhere near its release date, and if it's not on Steam, again, probably not.  That's where I do most of my gaming, and I'm really not interested in most Blizzard franchises.  I'd rather play Torchlight 2.

• UzlebUzleb Member Posts: 162

Originally posted by ForumTroll

You know half the people in this thread have said the same thing about other new to release MMO's. "No, I won't Play It!" "Not worth my money unless they do somthing drastic" "Played it 10 years ago, but I won't play it Again!" YES YOU WILL, YOU ALL WILL! Let's stop pretending like we don't buy every single new MMO nowadays. They keep our attention for a few months then we move on to the next. In short.... Of course I will be trying it, Of course I will be following it. Will I become so immersed that it will hold my attention for longer then a year? Probably not!

speak for yourself, i will not be playing D3.

• AxehiltAxehilt Member RarePosts: 10,504

Definitely planning on playing, whenever it releases.  Not sure if I'll preorder though.

For those who enjoyed Titan Quest, another game worth checking out when it releases is Reckoning: Kingdoms of Amalur.  The lead designer from TQ is working on that.

"What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver

I didn't reply to him/her because of their name and because they (presumably) assume everyone buys every new MMO.  That seems a little desperate, not to mention clearly untrue, since I never bought LotRO, DCUO, Rift, SWTOR, Conan, the list goes on.  I'd rather wait til someone comes out with something I want to buy than throw my money at a clerk and hope for the best simply because I'm a fan of the genre.

Besides, this thread is about D3.  Since when are Diablo games MMOs?

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

I loved the first Diablo and liked the second, but I wont be playing this one.

The mix between an auction house and real money just doesn't fit what I want of this kind of game, so I will show what I think about it by not buying it.

I will get Torchlight 2 instead, unless Blizz backs on the real money thing. If they do then I will buy it.

No need to whine about it on zillions of post though, voting with the wallet is the only option Blizz actually notice.

Originally posted by ForumTroll

If I say I wont buy a game that means I wont buy it.

Then again, maybe I find it in a sales bin 5 years from now but I wont buy it for the next few years unless Blizz rethinks the real money thing.

I BTW never said that I wont buy a game and later gotten it, ever. Some people might do that but assuming everyone lies is rather arrogant.

And I buy a new MMO every 2 years or so, and I usually stick with it at least a year. I actually check up on games before I buy them. Just because some people are buying all crap that gets released doesn't mean everyone does it, or even the majority of people.

• AselliaAsellia Member UncommonPosts: 174

I will be playing Diablo 3. To the people whining about the real money auction house, you don't have to use it, and you can choose who you play with. It's not as if you're going to be facing off in PVP with people who "buy to win" or anything. Sure there's PVP servers, but they aren't buying items you can't get yourself.

On top of that, Diablo 2 had tons of people selling items for money, or selling items for gold, Stone of Jordons, ect, ect, ect. This game will be no different then 2, or 1, in that reguard. Not in the slightest. You're simply lying to yourself if you think otherwise.

Originally posted by zidane01970

I will be playing Diablo 3. To the people whining about the real money auction house, you don't have to use it, and you can choose who you play with. It's not as if you're going to be facing off in PVP with people who "buy to win" or anything. Sure there's PVP servers, but they aren't buying items you can't get yourself.

On top of that, Diablo 2 had tons of people selling items for money, or selling items for gold, Stone of Jordons, ect, ect, ect. This game will be no different then 2, or 1, in that reguard. Not in the slightest. You're simply lying to yourself if you think otherwise.

When real money is involved and Blizz encourage it things like that will be a lot more common.

And most of us are not whining, we were asked if we would buy the game and some of us said no and explained why. Whining is creating threads and posting the same thing over and over.

The real point of a Diablo game is going down in a huge random dungeon and kill Diablo, not farming gear. If we want to farm gear we have plenty of MMOs we can do that in. 

But I guess that is why I prefered the first Diablo to the second.

• AselliaAsellia Member UncommonPosts: 174

I suppose. My apologies, I worded that in a terribly rude way. All I meant was, it really isn't too different then the second, all it'll do is provide a safer way to buy gear. However, to me, Diablo was all about finding rare and new items. I only ever killed the major bosses when I needed runes, or similar. I don't particulary FARM gear, but at the same time, I wouldn't say gear is pointless either. If people want to buy gear, I say let them, I don't care if they do. I'll take pride that I found it myself.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Originally posted by SuprGamerX

Heh , No.
    Simple answer right?  The game has been announced since what? 2007? You got Torchlight 2 coming out pretty soon and a few years later Torchlight the MMO that will simply blow blizzard's Diablowow (Because D3 is made by the WoW team btw) straight down to craper.
     Blizzard think they can out smart the real creators of Diablo?  That's pretty much impossible , Blizzard is known to what it is today because of the first two Diablo's and not because of WoW. The first two diablo's helped Blizzard to have a strong fan base that , a few years later , moved into WoW. Without the success of the first two diablo's , WoW would of been crap. And people often forget about that. Forget Star Craft , if not for Korea, StarCraft 2 would of never been released and we still hear more about SC1 then SC2.
     I'm skipping D3 and will support the Developers that really put me into PC gaming , and those developers are the originals of the Diablo series working on the Torchlight series. Those guys are the real master minds and geniuses in today's gaming.

Edit nvm

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Originally posted by Eir_S

Since when are Diablo games MMOs?

Heh, depends on who you ask. MMORPG.com thought it worthy enough to give the game it's own section here. Still waiting on them to do the same for Path of Exile, Torchlight 2 and Grim Dawn.

My question was rhetorical, since I figured anyone with a brain knows it isn't an MMO.  Way to go, MMORPG.com.  I'm sure this has already been argued, since I remember a thread some time back asking if it should be added to the games list, but it's as stupid now as it was then.  They did it because it's popular.  End of.

• WarmakerWarmaker Member UncommonPosts: 2,246

Originally posted by APRIME

Originally posted by Warmaker

Wrong forum, D3 isn't an MMORPG.  Nice try advertising for your employers though.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/644/Diablo-3.html

LOL!  It does have a place on an MMORPG website?  It counts as one in the genre now?  Wow, have things really gone to sh*t with MMORPGs.

Diablo games are Multiplayer, but they're not Massive.  But then again, considering how MMORPGs are chipping away at what it means to be an MMORPG, I guess Diablo 3 fits quite well with the genre these days.

Edit to add:  Thanks for the link though.  Points out a hilarious fact about the genre.  Though I am upset about you since I had to wipe the spray of soda on my keyboard and monitor.

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

• ravtecravtec Member Posts: 214

They do D3 just as they did skyrim, those games are popular even for mmorpg gamers, no not all mmorpg gamers but enough to warrent em a spot on mmorpg.com

Tourchlight will probably get its own section "when" enough people buzz about it on some sub forums here when it comes closer to release.

They didt decide to add D3 befor it was constant on the "current forum activity" witch implies its a hot topic that mmorpg.com users was discussing. And it was constant in current forum activity for a few days.

You would need to be a fool to start deleting everything that was not mmorpg talk and start warning all those users.

I dont know about the rest of you but im a gamer, im not an exclusive mmorpg gamer

• Vlad_TepesVlad_Tepes Member Posts: 47

Played the Beta...fun for a few hours on and off...other than that...pass.

Originally posted by ravtec

I dont know about the rest of you but im a gamer, im not an exclusive mmorpg gamer

Um.. the point is that this is niche gaming site, built around - hey you guessed it!!!!- MMORPGS.  That's what people come here for. Your sentiment is noble, but it kind of proves what I was saying all along.

I agree with Warmaker.  Just because this site slaps D3 onto their site because it brings in hits does not make it an MMO.  This site doesn't define what an MMORPG is.