Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWTOR an incredibly well made game

KailashKailash Member UncommonPosts: 301

Well I am lvl 40 now. I have to say this has so far been a GREAT experience.  I am really addicted. PVP so far is much better then most newly released games. Quest, well the best in any MMO bar none. Classes are very well balanced for bein newly released. No real negatives except the few bugs ive come across. The amount of negative comments on here is really surprising. Then again most people are idiots, what a coincidence....

Even though the gameplay is similar to WoW (which is'nt a bad thing) the game really does not give me a  WoW vibe. I never really experienced MMO like this which is really refreshing. Anyways you owe it to yourself to check this game out. The atmosphere is trully great, the voice acting is world class. The group instances are extremley well made. No game has done such a good job on instances ina newly released MMO, ever.

Back to lvling. See you guys there :D

Comments

• karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904

So you think lvl 10's been thrown into PvP with lvl 40's is great? lol!

• CalibanvovCalibanvov Member UncommonPosts: 192

I agree with the OP, and the combat is very very visceral.  The hit contact feels real.

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Demandman: that might be relevant, if this were a bad game, many many people would disagree with you.

Have fun in whatever game you think is fun, we found ours. Just because you hate it, doesn't mean you are "right" and we are "wrong."

Move along now.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• ApocalyptoZApocalyptoZ Member Posts: 2

@Karmath: Yes it is, when it's not rated bgs.

• Dekarx12Dekarx12 Member UncommonPosts: 380

Originally posted by Demandman

What would publishers of bad games be without blind fanboys like you.

^this^

heheh I guess fanboys would buy any old crap with the name of "Star Wars" on it Hope your enjoying ya game OP cause you'll walk into the light soon i hope, and see how the hype of a Star wars game can blind so many

• Athena_StarfireAthena_Starfire Member UncommonPosts: 213

"Well Made" except for disappearing General/Guild/Party Chat, No mail between Mains and Alts, No preferences saved, broken missions and the list goes on.

And this thing was beta tested??

• DarLorkarDarLorkar Member UncommonPosts: 1,082

Originally posted by Kailash

Well I am lvl 40 now. I have to say this has so far been a GREAT experience.  I am really addicted. PVP so far is much better then most newly released games. Quest, well the best in any MMO bar none. Classes are very well balanced for bein newly released. No real negatives except the few bugs ive come across. The amount of negative comments on here is really surprising. Then again most people are idiots, what a coincidence....

Even though the gameplay is similar to WoW (which is'nt a bad thing) the game really does not give me a  WoW vibe. I never really experienced MMO like this which is really refreshing. Anyways you owe it to yourself to check this game out. The atmosphere is trully great, the voice acting is world class. The group instances are extremley well made. No game has done such a good job on instances ina newly released MMO, ever.

And the people are so very happy to ...call other people idiots:)

Maybe these rah rah SWTOR posts would carry a bit further without adding things like that?

Naw i am sure i am mistaken..

• jadedlevirjadedlevir Member Posts: 628

Originally posted by DarLorkar

And the people are so very happy to ...call other people idiots:)

Maybe these rah rah SWTOR posts would carry a bit further without adding things like that?

Naw i am sure i am mistaken..

Well hey, if you have a different opinion, how can you not be a idiotimage.

I don't mind negative post or positive post, but  this imaginary forum war about swtor is the only thing that's stupid.

• XxKnivesxXXxKnivesxX Member UncommonPosts: 188

Let people who enjoy the game enjoy it. :)

• ZezelZezel Member Posts: 132

Originally posted by karmath

You do realize that you get buffed to be able to compete against level 40's when your level 10 right?

If you don't like a game don't play it, and quit running to MMORPG.com to trash it.

• helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449

Originally posted by Dekarx12

^this^

heheh I guess fanboys would buy any old crap with the name of "Star Wars" on it Hope your enjoying ya game OP cause you'll walk into the light soon i hope, and see how the hype of a Star wars game can blind so many

You know you're trolling when you start using "walking into the light" religious bs. Talk about the oldest form of trolling.

• jadedlevirjadedlevir Member Posts: 628

Originally posted by Angier2758

Originally posted by Zezel

Originally posted by karmath<--- Just figured out he could breathe using his nose.

You do realize that you get buffed to be able to compete against level 40's when your level 10 right?

Fixed.

I found the patronizing and insults in this post to be ironic considering that pvp is based on more than damage, and any player that has access to more cc and counters will be inherently better. But it's easier just to insult and call people stupid huh?

• trash656trash656 Member UncommonPosts: 361

Oh god.... Please tell me a MMO that has ever gotten PVP completly right. No MMO has in the last 13 years. In every PVP game I've played you are always pited against higher lvl players. Even in Rift, and WoW you can be If you honestly dont like being pitted against higher lvl players in a MMO all you have too do is wait until your that lvl yourself. It isn't rocket science. use your brain. ToR dosn't force you to play against higher LVL players. You have no one to blame but yourself for quing up for Hutt Ball when you know yourself your going to be pitted against higher lvl players... DUHHH

• PuremallacePuremallace Member Posts: 1,856

This concept makes perfect since ONLY IF AND ONLY IF gear was not a factor in this game. Also 50 with a full list of bars to cast no chance a lvl 17 can compete. This idea is idiotic at best.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Originally posted by jadedlevir

But it's easier just to insult and call people stupid huh?

Seems to work pretty well for both teams.

What used to be (at least from time to time) debates are now deteriorating daily, getting more abusive and more reflex.  When you see the standard arguments getting reduced to verbal shorthand...well, you've seen the recent results.  Not much serious debate, a lot of personal lashing out.

Time to move on to the next "War", I think.  This one is nearly as stale as Hardcore/Casual and Sandbox/Themepark.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• DexterMMODexterMMO Member Posts: 484

What would life be if you had something better to do than troll the forums of games you hate?

Everything I say is my opinion or personal preference. You may or may not find it useful to your cause but regardless I am entitled to it.

• DexterMMODexterMMO Member Posts: 484

Originally posted by Puremallace

This concept makes perfect since ONLY IF AND ONLY IF gear was not a factor in this game. Also 50 with a full list of bars to cast no chance a lvl 17 can compete. This idea is idiotic at best.

I started pvping at 15, 29 now and I'm always at or near the top on damage, kills, killing blows, medals earned... I out dps players 20 levels higher than me 90% of the time. I know what you're saying, they do have newer skills than yours which will feel a lot worse when its like 6 50's and a 13 but for launch I haven't even noticed a problem. Think you're crying foul before the problem actually exists.

Everything I say is my opinion or personal preference. You may or may not find it useful to your cause but regardless I am entitled to it.

• SereliskSerelisk Member Posts: 836

When new threads appear, complaining about all the haters making hate threads on this forum, I'll point them to this.

Originally posted by Serelisk

When new threads appear, complaining about all the haters making hate threads on this forum, I'll point them to this.

Post 2.  All downhill from that auspicious start.

But hey, all people are idiots in 1 gets us off to a terrific opening mood too.

I'd call this one pretty even.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

Originally posted by Serelisk

If you think any threads on this forum are from haters, then I invite you to go back to March in the Rift sub forum.

Originally posted by Puremallace

If you think any threads on this forum are from haters, then I invite you to go back to March in the Rift sub forum.

What happened in march?  The usual "new game coming soon" hatefest?

Originally posted by Icewhite

What happened in march?  The usual "new game coming soon" hatefest?

Mods on a few websites had to add a few new rules to the playbook and go into full moderation mode. It was bad. There were alot of deleted threads with real life threats in them lol

The guys on this forum criticize the pvp decisions or the instancing. That has nothing on Rift lol. I will admit reading the TOR forums for laughs is entertaining. Lots of WoW players wanting Bioware to do the same stuff Blizzard did. I have said it before the decisions seem silly, but they have 140 servers(i think) and alot of people playing so I can see why they are so hesitant to give definite answers.

One lesson Rift will teach you is when you start making changes people turn on you fast. Do not be surprised if classes do not get touched for one very long long while. Blizzard is the only dev where they can nerf/buff and be forgiven by the playerbase. After dealing with the "wow crowd" in Rift I consider most of them hypocrites.

• OcculusOcculus Member Posts: 3

Originally posted by Alx_Starfire

"Well Made" except for disappearing General/Guild/Party Chat, No mail between Mains and Alts, No preferences saved, broken missions and the list goes on.

And this thing was beta tested??

The disappearing chat is a feature. If you have it turned on then the chat box fades away or you can hide it altogether.

I've sent numerous emails between my characters with credits and items attached. Maybe you need to double check your mail before you send it.

In order for preference to be saved you must first apply said preference. I have no problem with saving my preferences so this sounds like user error.

I haven't found any broken missions yet, so they might be out there. Assuming this isn't another user error. 

• ManestreamManestream Member UncommonPosts: 941

I'll wait for the price to drop before i try this one out, i am not prepared to fork out £40 (and thats on amazon) to see if the game is worth it or not, not after all the utter tripe thats been comming out these few yrs (and those have only cost £20-25 :(

• kb056kb056 Member CommonPosts: 423

"Doesnt give you a WoW vibe"?

Gray-Green-Purple-Orange. Serioosly?