Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Bounty Hunter.. a saving grace in SWTOR

2»

Comments

• avalon1000avalon1000 Member UncommonPosts: 791

Originally posted by PukeBucket

The flame thrower attacks made beta tolerable.

Bounty Hunter had a lot of thought put in to it and it was fun feeling like something more than a glass cannon.

Bounty Hunter is up there with LotRO's Captain class to me. Just one of those odd mixes that there should be more of in themepark games.

Now THAT's saying something! My cappy in LOTRO is my favorite of my 7 chars.  Hard to level but awesome at end game.

• helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449

Originally posted by sanosukex

For people who have been following posts here they know me and many others have been very critical on many aspects of the game.. For me I can look past all that and enjoy the game as long as combat is enjoyable since it's pretty much what you spend the largest chunk of your time in an MMO doing. Now the issue I have is to me melee combat in this game is awful. The animations while nice to look at on there own do not flow well when actually playing and in pvp its a lot worse.

I feel one issue is the lack of auto attack which keeps the attack animations continually happening and without it things feel off. Now for ranged it's really not as noticable or even noticable at all for that matter. Either way I have played every class now to at least level 15 and can say if it were not for the BH/trooper combat I probably would just stop playing all together. To me when playing these classes everything just feels right, the animations, the skills it all works so well together.

It bothers me a lot  because obviously being star wars who doesn't wan't to jump in lightsabers flashing and slice some baddies but for me it just feels so awkward and clunky it takes away from the whole experience.

Anyway the real reason I'm writing this is anyone who finds the melee side of combat somewhat of a drag give the trooper or bounty hunter a shot and you might come to really enjoy the combat

After all the smack you talked about this game, you bought it? lol just lol.

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779

For people who have been following posts here they know me and many others have been very critical on many aspects of the game.. For me I can look past all that and enjoy the game as long as combat is enjoyable since it's pretty much what you spend the largest chunk of your time in an MMO doing. Now the issue I have is to me melee combat in this game is awful. The animations while nice to look at on there own do not flow well when actually playing and in pvp its a lot worse.

I feel one issue is the lack of auto attack which keeps the attack animations continually happening and without it things feel off. Now for ranged it's really not as noticable or even noticable at all for that matter. Either way I have played every class now to at least level 15 and can say if it were not for the BH/trooper combat I probably would just stop playing all together. To me when playing these classes everything just feels right, the animations, the skills it all works so well together.

It bothers me a lot  because obviously being star wars who doesn't wan't to jump in lightsabers flashing and slice some baddies but for me it just feels so awkward and clunky it takes away from the whole experience.

Anyway the real reason I'm writing this is anyone who finds the melee side of combat somewhat of a drag give the trooper or bounty hunter a shot and you might come to really enjoy the combat

This statement alone is the perfect example of people like yourself who claim to have the whole fucking game figured out.

I for one would have rathered if you didn't play, seeing how you made it pretty clear on  numerous post that you are in fact unhappy about the game, including this one, only to have a couple saving grace classes.

I personally don't care if the game is not as successful as WoW as so many claim it would be. Every game released has an audiance regardless of how good or bad it is. I just know for me, it's gonna hold me over for the next 4-5yrs.

MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • sanosukexsanosukex Member Posts: 1,836

Originally posted by helthros

After all the smack you talked about this game, you bought it? lol just lol.

why wouldn't I? I'm a MMO addict and star wars fan.. that alone is worth the price of admission

Originally posted by Slowdoves

This statement alone is the perfect example of people like yourself who claim to have the whole fucking game figured out.

I for one would have rathered if you didn't play, seeing how you made it pretty clear on  numerous post that you are in fact unhappy about the game, including this one, only to have a couple saving grace classes.

I personally don't care if the game is not as successful as WoW as so many claim it would be. Every game released has an audiance regardless of how good or bad it is. I just know for for me, it's gonna hold me over for the next 4-5yrs.

My IA is 25 but thats not the point it wont change the fact the combat animations and gcds do not work well together in PVP... never did I say I was an expect at this game I play MMOs and thats pretty much the only games I do play.. I can tell within the first day if I'm going to like the combat or the game as a whole. Fact is I like the game but find melee combat poor in many ways.. but find bounty hunter combat very fun and is keeping me in the game.. I know many agree and many disagree but its something I hope bioware looks at soon to help keep this game going for a long time..

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779

I personally don't care if the game is not as successful as WoW as so many claim it would be. Every game released has an audiance regardless of how good or bad it is. I just know for for me, it's gonna hold me over for the next 4-5yrs.

My IA is 25 but thats not the point it wont change the fact the combat animations and gcds do not work well together in PVP... never did I say I was an expect at this game I play MMOs and thats pretty much the only games I do play.. I can tell within the first day if I'm going to like the combat or the game as a whole. Fact is I like the game but find melee combat poor in many ways.. but find bounty hunter combat very fun and is keeping me in the game.. I know many agree and many disagree but its something I hope bioware looks at soon to help keep this game going for a long time..

Please, just stop playing and go back to WoW!

I will gladly give you my Visa rewards points for up to 2 free months to get you going again. Just send me an email of where to send it.

MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • PukeBucketPukeBucket Member Posts: 867

Originally posted by avalon1000

Originally posted by PukeBucket
    The flame thrower attacks made beta tolerable.
    Bounty Hunter had a lot of thought put in to it and it was fun feeling like something more than a glass cannon.
    Bounty Hunter is up there with LotRO's Captain class to me. Just one of those odd mixes that there should be more of in themepark games.
    Now THAT's saying something! My cappy in LOTRO is my favorite of my 7 chars.  Hard to level but awesome at end game.

Well to be clear.. Captain and Warden are the only two really interesting classes for me in LotRO.

I like usable classes that don't fit a tired model.

But, BH doesn't = Cappy. But they do share a common oddness.

I used to play MMOs like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

I will gladly give you my Visa rewards points for up to 2 free months to get you going again. Just send me an email of where to send it.

I haven't played wow since BC launch.. why would I go there? oh and its always nice to see people TRYING to drive current subscribers away...

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805

So Melee is gimped in PvP. As has been stated tons of times all over

Sit tight and wait for the inevitable balance tweaks.

Patience

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

Should I go play WoW if I agree as well?

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    Melee animations seem very fluid to me... no auto attack necessary. Just hit 1 if you feel the flow is off. As you progress you lose the breaks that would normally be filled by an auto attack. (That you would have to press 1 for)

Sentinels and marauders are some of the strongest characters in the game if played well. There is a major imbalance on our server of people playing assassins .... really I don't understand the problem....

• I like the Bounty Hunter but I really like the Sith Warrior as well. It's very satisfying to tear people apart with his hypnotically fluid and powerful animations.

Originally posted by Starpower

So Melee is gimped in PvP. As has been stated tons of times all over

Sit tight and wait for the inevitable balance tweaks.

Patience

once again my OP has nothing to do with balance how strong or viable any  class is or anything like that