Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why doesnt this have WASD

x0eclipsex0eclipse Member UncommonPosts: 32

I would play the SHIT out of it if it had WASD. Seriously wtf

Comments

• 8BitAvatar8BitAvatar Member Posts: 196

I've read that it has something to do with the engine they're using.

How true that is, I don't know.

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

Because the game was made back before WASD became the "chosen" movement method.

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607

Same here OP. I downloaded the game since it went f2p and just could not get past that.

• GamecriticGamecritic Member Posts: 34

Yeah I couldn't get use to it either, I got WASD to work but it was a lil buggy.

• marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

The game does have WASD, but its a piss poor version of it.

• IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462

Asian gamers love their point and click to move about like the old adventure games

• Rider071Rider071 Member Posts: 318

Personally, was excited to finally try the game, loved the graphics.

downloaded, got to level 27ish? I just couldn't take anymore, the lack of WASD commmands, no strafing, point and click, just drove me over the edge.

uninstalled and can say I tried it. Pretty, but unplayable.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505

I played it back in the day, and had no trouble with the point and click on my return, seems rather natural actually.  In fact I'm also still playing EQ2 and I keep trying to point and click to move there...really messing with me.

Once you adapt it gets pretty easy to use, but some won't be able to I realize, especially if they favor shooter controls/movement. (which is never what MMO's were all about IMO)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Learn to adept guys dont be such a drama queens about point and click and it has nothing to do with point and click being asian lol.

Its just getting use to it no big deal.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

This thread really is pointless. All MMOs do not have WASD movement and all people including my self do not like WASD. Either adapt like the above poster said or go play something else.

• EdliEdli Member Posts: 941

Because it's an ancient game. They used to be like that back then. 

• bugse82bugse82 Member UncommonPosts: 184

Why doesnt this have WASD?

doesn't have jump too.

cus it's like that. don't like it? leave!

D3 will be point and click too. damn, it will be UNPLAYABLE!

• NumotNumot Member Posts: 10

Well, compared Lineage 2 to Rappelz in another thread just a few minutes ago, and here we go comparing again. Rappelz has click movement, always has. Is not even ever planing to do wasd. The players(not asian, it is an internation game, my guild has guys from the USA,EU,Nam,Sewden, many more places around the world than I care to metion.) are all against wasd movement.

Why, well we are already used to the click movement and wasd makes bots a problem. With wasd bots can run around with ease, with click movement bots have a much harder time, to the point where Rappelz bots are mainly used by 3rd party illegal ingame money selling for spaming the chat with their site address and offers. I really don't want to think about those annoying little things being able to be moblie. As it is right now every bot must be placed by hand.

Honestly, I would have a hard time with this game if it did not have click movement, and if it gets wasd working well although it might invite more bots in, it would be nice to have.

But really, wth games have you guys been playing that did not have click to move?