Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

7+ years, 3 expansions and they add 1 new class.....

2»

Comments

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

Originally posted by Terranah

They probably realize that a game like WOW which has had amazing success has a point of diminishing returns.  They have a new project...a new love if you will called Titan.

WoW going 64bit says that Blizzard have far from given up on WoW.

But class balance is all relative, for every genuine balance issue there a 1000 idiots who believe just cus they got killed it's down the balance.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Originally posted by hercules

Originally posted by TGSOL

They could barely balance the classes before the Death Knight, and things didn't exactly get better afterwards. Introducing even one more class would cause massive balance headaches, and they know it.

Sadly class balance is an art not something money can buy .One day someone will discover a developer capable of this and shower him with $$$$$ to stay .Rift certainly needs this guy.

Balance is a stupid game concept for classes, because classes can never be 100% balanced as long as they different. It's as simple as that. The problem comes down to developers making gameplay that expose their class embalances. Such as in small scale contents, like an PvP Arena, or in a duel, or even a small group raid. The smaller the contents is, the more those balance issues show. But in large scale gameplay, 40vs40 those balance class issues don't show as much

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• xTalenTxTalenT Member Posts: 29

They made the death knight so imba at first that they are scared to even try again. So instead they add pandas! YAY! /sarcasm

• RazeronRazeron Member Posts: 180

Deathknight's "potency" was a selling point for them, once it pumped out enough box sales they started with the rubber-band and castration cordless-drill attachment.

I don't know what the hell they're doing now, but they've given up on keeping the old players around and are trying to expand into new markets more. I doubt it'll work, and if Titan is a goddamn MMOFPS I'll sell my computer and move to a nice dry cave in the woods.

Originally posted by xTalenT

They made the death knight so imba at first that they are scared to even try again. So instead they add pandas! YAY! /sarcasm

You guys do realise that Panda's also come with the new Monk class?

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by Razeron

Deathknight's "potency" was a selling point for them, once it pumped out enough box sales they started with the rubber-band and castration cordless-drill attachment.

I don't know what the hell they're doing now, but they've given up on keeping the old players around and are trying to expand into new markets more. I doubt it'll work, and if Titan is a goddamn MMOFPS I'll sell my computer and move to a nice dry cave in the woods.

The old players have been dropping off pretty fast so it makes sense to me, either you try to keep the vets or get more new players. 

Nice caves are hard to find though, good luck with it. :)

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

Originally posted by kevjards

boils down to one word does'nt it 'GREED'

Haha, silly companies trying to make money...

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

Originally posted by Loke666

The old players have been dropping off pretty fast so it makes sense to me, either you try to keep the vets or get more new players. 

Nice caves are hard to find though, good luck with it. :)

You don't want to go with a granit cave the wireless is awful, try and find a nice limestone cave, I know people say the condensation is hard to keep in check but do a little each day and it's no so hard.  The new thing is mud caves? they stay a constant temperature all year round and they are easy to expand.

Originally posted by Slampig

Originally posted by kevjards

boils down to one word does'nt it 'GREED'

Haha, silly companies trying to make money...

Our capitalist society was never founded on wealth and the persuit of it... oh wait, yes it was.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

I hold your word on this. Lol

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• VolkmarVolkmar Member UncommonPosts: 2,501

It does not fit the Lore, but they COULD add a Bard class based on Guitar Hero mechanics for real, that april's joke idea was really insanely nice.

Now that we have a Monk coming, I do not see any BIG class idea beside the bard.

Yes, there are some side ideas, some were mentioned, like the Demon hunter or a spell breaker. But all these are either very limited in the world (Demon hunter) or racial-specific (spell breaker) or they are quite similar to current classes, with just some modifications (like a demon hunter is a combat rogue with demon powers and a spellbreaker is a protection warrior with anti magic powers).

What they could do is add mini-classes or flavors. So you make a Warrior and you can still choose, prot, arms or fury, but you can also choose... to be a spellbreaker and you gain some extra anti-magic abilities, or some other warrior flavor. Like they would be an added race, so they add just a few extra abilities. Of course the balancing problems might be just too much trouble :)

"If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, if you teach him how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime"

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286

As others have already stated, there isn't much room for actual new classes. 10 Classes each with 3 specs, and in MoP there will be 11 classes, with 3 specs for 10 of them and they are making Bear and Cat specs separated for Druids so they have 4 specs. Roughly 34 "classes". Adding new classes can be difficult since the current classes cover all roles and mutliple classes share similar abilties now. Anything newer would just be more flavor and wouldn't bring much new to the game.

Mind you, I am a huge alt-o-holic. I have 8 level 85's in WoW with level 73 and 62 alts I am working on, so more classes for me would be welcomed. I just don't see them adding more than 1 new class ever other expansion.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

blizzard given up on wow!the guys that say this havent even thaught about what they were writing,do you know how much work is involved for a company to switch from a32 bit to a 64 bit gamt that has close to 30 gb of data!you dont right let me tell you this isnt for the faint of heart,64 bit is a huge undertaking if you start from scratch and having the vision to make your game evolve frtom 32 to 64 bit is revolutionary in a mmo this size,people dont understand the ramification ,they dont see the potential it will bring to to table to wow.race?class?that will be the least of their issue lol!a lot forget how bad the game looked at lunch it has been getting steadylly better but they were always close to the darn 3.5 gb ram limit in 32 bit (yes even if you are on a 64 bit)with this ram wont be an issue,at least way less of an issue.i am all for a good wine,but come on find proper arguement.as for the look of the game!even went they polish it a lot it will look cartoony,check bugsbunny on tv it will look like that less pixelated but still cartoony it is their mark of comerce.it is what made them popular,i bet they are getting ready to counter gw2,they dont care about other game,but gw2 could hurt them a lot ,cause arenanet has shown in the past they know what customer want and they almost did it with no budget lol!this time they got the whole might of ncsoft supporting them the whole way(wich is prtetty considerable)

wow isnt going anywhere lol!right now most of us cant max everything in wow ,when maxed in heavy population it lag!