Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the hacking contest, errr Aion

2»

Comments

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Originally posted by pedrostrik

hacks are in every online game, and yes its annoying but lets be honests on first 1-4 months AION was full of those (Bots, Hacks and stuff alike), last year i played for 2 seasons (2+3months) and i notice only some jerks using hacks (spatalos european server)

I played at launch and I didn't see what you describe at all...

I saw bots, sure, but tbh they were pretty much using space that players didn't utilise to grind. I know it's controversial to say and flies in the face of popular thought, but they really didn't get in the way and they actually even drove the prices of the AH down due to market glut. It really wasn't the drama most made it out to be.

I think most players had a fit about the chat spam advertising the kinah more then the bots themselves... As soon as that went folks relaxed. Funny how out of sight = out of mind for most.

As for hacks...No, didn't see many of those at all personally, and I played and PvPed heavily. Not saying the usual asshats didn't use them but 'full'? Not in the slightest. I saw way more hacks in DF, for example, then I saw in this game in the same period. The guys that ued hacks got called out pretty quickly as well, and I know for a fact that there were bannings because of it (and for buying farmed kinah).

I also played EU servers. Maybe Spat had more serious issue, I don't know, but that would make it a server culture problem (maybe you had 2 or 3 problem legions) then a serious game one.

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Please do not necro threads guys. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.