Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beta signup is active

Comments

• LorgarnLorgarn Member UncommonPosts: 417

I've been waiting for this moment for quite some time. Happy christmas everyone. :)

• ZarynterkZarynterk Member UncommonPosts: 398

Already signed up =) and if a $15 a month subscription to the original PS gets me into beta that much quicker... so be it.

• thekid1thekid1 Member UncommonPosts: 789

And again just like Planetside 1 NO marketing at all.

I haven't read anything about this on the game sites I visit.

How hard can it be to send some press info out to the biggest gaming news sites..

The rest will follow.

• dikkydikky Member CommonPosts: 261

i think it will be a long time before we get to play beta. there isnt even any real gameplay footage out yet afaik

• n0nen0ne Member UncommonPosts: 3

BETA OR

DEATH!!!

• infamouswhoisinfamouswhois Member Posts: 185

u in yet?

• leumasx7leumasx7 Member Posts: 218

just read from another site, they claim sony online confirmed it will be F2P...

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/planetside-2/1193707p1.html

Smedley also had this to say about the release of a Planetside 2 beta:

"...we are aiming for late this year or early next year. No further comment about that. It's ready when it's ready and we are proud of it."

Damn...thats a long time from now for beta.

• TriadninjaTriadninja Member Posts: 111

Yeah I was pretty sure beta sounded fishy this early in the year. I think what they are doing is 1. Trying to get a big enough applicant pool to choose from, and 2. I think they wanted to know how big the applicant pool would acctually be, to see how many people are following Planetside 2.

However, if they are going the "its done when it's done" route, more power to them. I don't want a rushed, crappy and buggy open world battlefield, I want it to be as smooth as possible. Plus, if they spread the word now, Guilds can start forming up/old members can get in touch with one another in anticipation for beta.

• AntiFearAntiFear Member Posts: 58

I agree that the first planetside has very minimal advertising and that was one of its flaws, but its too early to say how they will advertise this game. Why would they advertise a game that they have no release date for.

• AntiFearAntiFear Member Posts: 58

Originally posted by yutty

"...we are aiming for late this year or early next year. No further comment about that. It's ready when it's ready and we are proud of it."

this was posted in 2011

Originally posted by AntiFear

Originally posted by yutty

this was posted in 2011

i didn't even notice.....F ya

• mmoandrpgmmoandrpg Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 15

Originally posted by lineey

I found this the preview of game  

http://www.mmohunter.com/planetside-asd.html

here is a preview http://www.dotmmo.com/planetside-2-2954.html