Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

League of Legends? More like the League of Teenagers.

Cameo3Cameo3 Member Posts: 219

Everytime I spend a minute or two in their general discussion I hear people whining and complaining that their hero is gimped/nerfed and that the hero is the "hero I play LoL for."

Then in game, one time, that person decides to jungle and jungles all the way to level 12 (we're 16-18 at the time) and finally decides to help on a group fight.

Teenage mentality with blinders on must sure be a blissful life. >.>

Member of Talon | www.lakexeno.com
RIFT: Redcameo, Warrior, Faemist Server
RIFT: Bluecameo, Mage, Faemist Server

Comments

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788

Definately many...im not gonna say idiots, but yea idiots. I specially love those that leave if they didn't get their hero, or intentionaly feed because of that, also rage quiters. But that is expected in this kind of game. I've seen a lot of kids like that in dota too. So, if you find a group of serious friends this game becomes enjoyable owning those noobs.

• ForTheCityForTheCity Member Posts: 307

All games are going to have there boat loads of kids. Especially f2p games since they are f2p. Don't want to tell you how many times I've played CoD or halo just to hear the kids on my team whine and complain and scream. It's annoying, I just mute them though. All you can really do is ignore them. I hate when i play halo and the kids decide its funny to share killing your teammates cause their friends are on the other team. Whenever I play I make sure i play for my team, since its still a competition amongst my friends. 

Well with that being said all you can really do is ignore them or just do your own thing. I was playing SDGO the other day and after so many tries, we can so close to beating one of the stages. Our teammate died on purpose cause he didn't turn on his "Quest" setting to get the prize. 

• KhaerosKhaeros Member Posts: 452

Always report them.  Describe the issue if you need to.  Tribunal users can see the reported player's score, item build, the report description, some stats, and the entire chat log from inside the actual game (pre-game and post-game is excluded).

Edit: If the pre/post game chat is really bad (like people spamming racism and stuff), then screenshot it and send it in to Riot.  I hear they can punish players in some extreme cases.

• ForumTrollForumTroll Member Posts: 140

To be expected in this type of game. It's not even the fact thats it is F2P, even subscription based game are overrun with tactless children. Make friends, make groups, make of it what you will. Kind of sad that the one conversation I see regarding this game I love so much has to be so negative. I stopped having this problem after I made in-game friends.

"People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool."